Chapter 34: Love In the Club

Chapter 34: Love In the Club

A Chapter by Tina Bee

Many thoughts ran through my head as I made my way toward the DJ booth which was located behind to the left of where Langston and I were seated. I was shocked that they even had one in this hall, but I guess dances were held here too.

 

The booth wasn't that big, but I was able to maneuver around and manipulate the sound system.

 

From inside my purse I pulled out the iPod which I'd bought for myself as an early Christmas gift. I was glad to see that all the music equipment was up to date and could support the latest technology. Once I uploaded my music to the booth's player I checked the volume and adjusted the bass, tremble, and fade. I punched in commands for the player to override any pre-set music choices. Once I got every knob just where I wanted it I was asked if I just wanted to play my songs on one side of the room or throughout the entire hall. I selected, "all," and then hit the number five to indicate how many minutes I wanted to count down to until my uploaded songs started to play.

 

When I was done I quietly exited the booth, locked the door behind me, and took my seat. The other guest looked pained to see me back, but I kept my mouth shut. They would be getting what was coming to them in just a few moments.

 

"The waiter brought us some bread, but it's stale," Langston said and at this point I noticed the clear glass that was filled with liquor in his right hand.

 

"What is that?" I asked pointing to it.

 

"Brandy. I told the waiter to keep them coming," Langston explained to me and I envied his ability to drink when he wanted.

 

"Are you a good dancer?" I whispered to Langston.

 

"The best you'll ever see in a crowd like this," he answered with a smile

 

"Ok, perfect," I said, sitting there biding my time.

 

The classical music continued to play with such majestic glee and I squirmed in anticipation of the uproar I was about to cause.

 

Soon enough a clicking noise filled the room, but hardly anyone noticed until the scratching started. Some looked up confused and others just continued talking in a lame attempt to ignore what they were hearing.

 

"What in the hell is that?" Langston asked out loud.

 

Mrs. Parker spun around with an awful look of disgust.

 

"Why in the world did you two even bother coming at all? It's obvious Claire didn't want you here for a reason!" Mrs. Parker said to the both of us with her ugly brown eyes, pink dress, and green eyeshadow glaring our way.

 

A few attendees close enough to hear her nodded in agreeance.

 

"F**k you, you old b***h," I said and that's when all hell broke loose.

 

"H stands for hooligan," were the next words to be spoken throughout that room.

 

The beat was slapping so hard that glasses were clinking against dishwares on the tables.

 

"You didn't!" Langston said looking at me with an evil grin.

 

"Damn right I did and if we want to make our mark we need to get on the dance floor now and show them how we do it," I told him as I stood up and grabbed his arm.

 

The music was so loud that I couldn't hear the groans of disgust, shock, and horror that had to be coming out of everyones mouth. However the looks on their faces said it all as Langston and I got to the floor and began freak dancing on one another.

 

It wasn't until now that I saw the wedding videographer spinning around in confusion. I knew he had sound on his camera so all this music had to've drowned out anyones well wishes to the happy couple. The camera made it's way right to where Langston and I were.

 

I saw those two idiot want to be bodyguards running back to the DJ booth in a wasted attempt to try and stop the music. I knew none of them was high enough up to have keys to any place in this building.

 

"Back, back, I don't know where yo lips be," the male rapper on my song said.

 

During all my erotic dance moves I closed my eyes and was taken back to a time before all the drama had started. I felt like a little girl again who was just dancing to have fun and nothing more.

 

When I opened them again I was happy to see Mike and LaTanya joining Langston and I. They quickly got into the music and were lost in one another.

 

The video camera came close to me and that's when I turned around and started grinding my butt into Langston's crotch. My stomach was sticking out, but that wasn't stopping me.

 

My first song ended and the second began without a hitch.

 

"In the club give me love," the computerized voice said.

 

The singer in that song quickly joined in and soon more people were up dancing.

 

Langston and I didn't miss a beat as more and more participants filled the floor.

 

At this point I looked up and saw Amber dancing with a guy I'd never seen before. Right next to her, jiving along with the music were both Cadence and Greg. My heart almost stopped when Greg and I made eye contact, but I turned away from him and continued my grinding into Langston. This time however I was less enthused.

 

"We can take a break," Langston said and it wasn't until now that I saw how he was wobbling.

 

"Ok," I answered him and hand in hand we made it back to our table.

 

"You're a better dancer than I thought," Langston shouted over the music.

 

"I've been dancing all my life," I revealed to him.

 

"For someone who's part white you have rhythm," Langston replied with a sly smile.

 

"I must get it from my father," I answered him.

 

Behind us the woman with the bun and her goons had opened up the DJ booth, but it seemed that they were having a hard time figuring out how to shut it down.

 

I watched the crowed to my right moving this way and that way to the music. Everyone really seemed to be enjoying themselves now. I diverted my eyes to the bride and groom's table up front and saw mom with her face covered in her hands. Next to mom was faithful Mrs. Parker trying to console her during her breakdown.

 

The music came to an abrupt stop and I whirled around to see bun lady and her dudes glaring angrily my way. They walked until they reached mom who listened intently and then looked behind them at Langston and I.

 

"Where's all the drinks at?" Langston yelled and his voice echoed off the wall.

 

Before I could answer a waiter came over with another class full of brandy and Langston gulped it down.

 

"I have to go to the bathroom," I said, hoping to escape mom's evil stares.

 

Just beyond the bride and groom's table was a small hallway in which an older woman and a young lady were walking into. I assumed that's where the facilities were and I rose quickly to follow.

 

Langston did not protest me leaving the table. As I passed by the others I was nearly blindsided by Amber who looked ecstatic to see me.

 

"I didn't think you would be here," Amber said and I moved around her to continue walking.

 

"Why is that?" I asked her.

 

"You weren't at the wedding this morning," Amber replied with a perplexed look on her face.

 

She wore a simple red cocktail dress. Her hair was now a subtle shade of purple. Her make-up was done just right and her black shoes matched her perfectly.

 

"Apparently I wasn't invited," I told her and she arched her eyebrows.

 

"What?" she asked just as we passed mom who was still having a lengthy conversation with the bun lady and her squad.

 

"Never mind. So you were invited to both the wedding and reception?" I asked not believing that my ex-communication from the family was real.

 

"Not exactly. I got a call from Cady about three days ago asking me to double date with her to your mom's wedding. Myra, I had no idea you weren't going to go. I feel just awful," Amber said to me as we entered the hallway away from the dinner.

 

"It's ok. I should've expected my mom to pull a stunt like this. She knew this morning was my court date and she made point by not being there. I just didn't think she'd be getting hitched while I was being put on the chopping block," I said to Amber who now seemed even more confused.

 

"Today was your court date? Holy hell! I completely forgot. With all the preparations Cady and I were making I got side tracked," Amber said and it wasn't until now that I questioned who this Cady person was, "oh, I'm sorry, I meant Cadence. I met her at the park one day after school when I was really depressed over Eliza. She's Greg's fiancé. You know Greg, right?"

 

Was this girl actually asking me if I knew who Greg was?

 

"Of course I know Greg," I answered her insultedly.

 

We were now standing inside the lavatory which house at least fifteen stalls. The marble counters that held the sinks were up against the left side of the wall. I could spot the brass faucets from over here. Everything inside this bathroom was ornate and up to date.

 

"Yea that's right, you do," Amber answered me as she fixed her hair in the mirror.

 

"So you're friends with Cadence?" I asked Amber.

 

"Yea she's cool. Since The Crew dismantled I've been bored to tears," Amber said to me and now I looked confused.

 

"What do you mean, dismantled?" I asked.

 

"You didn't hear? Robbie and Crystal are in Utah visiting her family and I don't think they're coming back. Cameron, Nick, Scott and Dom have created their own little clique, and Violetta is pregnant and sick all the time. I think you know about Violetta though," Amber said eying me.

 

"I just heard about her pregnancy this morning. She says it's Sonny's baby," I told Amber who rolled her eyes.

 

"It is his baby! They hadn't been apart since your Halloween party and now he dropped her like a hot potato," Amber said in an angry voice.

 

"How did you make it to the wedding if there was school today?" I asked, changing the subject.

 

"Since Violetta stopped going I can't stand the place. All those mean girls with their hateful glares. I'm so sad that Cady is leaving, but I've decided to switch over to home studies after the Christmas break. I can go faster anyways and be done with school by June," Amber explained to me in a rushed voice.

 

"This June?" I asked astonished.

 

"Yes," Amber said to me with a smile.

 

"So who's this guy you're here with?" I asked, feeling the need to be in on all the details.

 

"He's Cady's cousin. They're from Tenessee and I'm a sucker for southern accents," Amber said to me in an upbeat voice.

 

'Really because they annoy me,' I thought to myself, but only smiled.

 

"So you're into him," I told her and she laughed.

 

"Yes, but he's leaving in two weeks so I'm trying hard to not get attached. So it looks like you and Langston are working out," Amber said pointing to my ring.

 

"Oh, yea, he asked me to marry him this morning," I said sourly.

 

"You don't sound happy," Amber looked at me and said.

 

"I am, this is how it should be. I can't raise this baby on my own," I said to her as I tried to fight back tears.

 

"So you decided to keep it!" Amber said happily.

 

"Yes. I'm going to be a mommy," I told her half heartedly.

 

"Have you planned out your baby shower?" Amber asked me.

 

"No, I'm just going to buy everything I need," I said, thinking practically.

 

"Nonsense, there's no reason why you should go without being showered. You just need to get together with your mom and Langston's mom and plan it out," Amber told me.

 

"I've never met Langston's mom," I told her and she looked shocked.

 

"He proposed to you and you haven't even met his mom?" Amber asked me.

 

"I know it's awful," I told her.

 

"No wonder you're not excited. Maybe I should go up to Langston and demand he introduce the mother of his child to his mom, he's got some nerve keeping you a secret," Amber said and I could tell she was getting infuriated.

 

Just then the bathroom door opened and of all people Cadence walked in.

 

"Hey," Cadence said cheerfully, "are you ever coming back out, Tadpole?"

 

"Of course, I was just talking to Myra," Amber answered her.

 

Tadpole? I wondered to myself.

 

"Oh, yea, I remember you. You're the girl from the park. What are you doing here?" Cadence asked me and I could've just stomped her out right then and there.

 

"This is my mother's wedding reception," I turned around and told her.

 

"Claire is your mom? That's weird. She never mentioned having a daughter," Cadence began, "well other than Celia, that is."

 

"F**k Celia," I said and both Amber and Cadence began looking uncomfortable.

 

"Uh, I left the boys at the table. Greggy wants to leave for the movies now. I swear that boy has the patience of a six year old," Cadence said and my jaw almost dropped.

 

"I'm coming right out," Amber said and Cadence shook her head ok and exited the restroom.

 

"I really shouldn't have come tonight," I said backing away from the sink where we stood.

 

"Myra," Amber called taking both my hands as she did, "is everything ok?"

 

Oh how I wanted to spill my guts and tell her about Langston's bizarre behavior, my trial, and the potential paternal battle over my unborn son. Like an idiot, however, I put on my biggest smile I shook my head yes.

 

"It's the pregnancy hormones getting to me," I told her and she half smiled at me.

 

"I've never been pregnant so I probably wouldn't understand, but if you ever need someone to talk to just call me," Amber said picking up her black clutch purse and heading for the door after Cadence.

 

"Ok," I told her.

 

She gave me a hug and then walked out. Feeling myself at an emotional peak I walk to a stall and quietly closed the door. Just as I did I heard two women talking.

 

"I didn't know Claire had a daughter," one woman said.

 

"Neither did I," the next woman, with a very thick Italian sounding accent responded, "Arthur knows nothing of this woman and yet he marries her."

 

"Mama, he has found a rich stupida. What more could we ask for?" the first woman asked and they both laughed.

 

"Our little Celia is hated by Claire's own daughter," the other woman said, "I do not wish animosity onto our family."

 

"Whoever Claire's daughter is I'm sure Celia will handle her in her own way," the first woman responded.

 

"Yes, but I can't believe Celia is with a black. Dio mio," the woman with the accent said.

 

"It's the American way, mama, don't worry. Those blacks are of violent ways, but Rubio won't let him hurt Celia," the first woman said, and now my blood was boiling.

 

It sounded like the both of them were exiting their stalls and this was confirmed when the sinks started running.

 

I took this as my cue to exit and when I did both women eyed me, but continued washing their hands.

 

"Do you have something to say to me?" I asked, but was ignored.

 

When the water stopped I asked again and got a response.

 

"Who are you?" the woman, without the accent, asked me.

 

"I am Claire's daughter," I told them and they both stared at each other with bewilderment.

 

"If what you say is the truth, then I will hear it from Arthur," she answered me.

 

"Arthur doesn't have to tell you s**t, I am who I say I am and I swear to the both of you I will kill Celia in her sleep for what's she's done to me. That black man that she's with now that you both speak so ill of used to be mines. I don't take kindly to thieves," I said with such contempt that the older woman grabbed at her heart in shock.

 

"You are with child carrying on like that?" she asked me, not thrown off one bit.

 

"I do what I want," I said to her.

 

"Well, daughter of Claire who is now my sister-in-law, we Lampinelli's are a proud people and when you threaten one of us you're threatening all of us," she informed me.

 

"Good, so get scared," I said to her.

 

"No, we're going to get security now and have you thrown out," she said and the two of them rushed out of the bathroom.

 

While washing my hands I smiled to myself in the mirror. As I was walking out I felt someone grabbed my right shoulder. I struggled against this person until our lips met.

 

"What in the hell!" I screamed, but I doubted anyone from the dinner could hear me over the new found conversation that was filling the room.

 

"Shhh...come with me," he said and we went beyond the women and mens bathroom and into a little alcove that served as an entrance to the stage that sat behind mom and Arthur's table.

 

"I have to get back to the party," I said even though I would've given anything for another kiss from his lips.

 

"Why are you with him? Myra, have you lost your mind?" Greg asked me, not skipping a beat.

 

"I'm sorry, but when had any part of my life been your business?" I asked him.

 

"Since you started carrying my child," Greg said and I laughed.

 

"It's not yours so you can go back to the party and enjoy your new found life with Cadence," I told him as I tried to walk away.

 

Greg grabbed my arm and pulled me back.

 

"There's no way in hell that I'll believe this baby isn't mines. The due dates go all the way back to night we runaway and had sex," Greg said and I could swear he was smelling the perfume I'd dabbed on before leaving the house.

 

"My due date changed," I told him, but he was not swayed.

 

"I'll bet anything the baby is just measuring bigger than normal. We're both tall and the baby has inherited that gene," Greg explained and even I became convinced.

 

"What does it matter anyways? You're leaving in like two weeks. You won't have time to worry about me, let alone a baby. You're too happy with Cadence to care," I said and I couldn't believe I was pouting.

 

"Oh, Myra, shut up! Can't you see that I'm miserable!" Greg was shouting now.

 

"How can I? I moved away because there was nothing left for me at that house. You dissed me and I had to find someone who was willing to take me as I am," I said moving closer and closer to tears.

 

"To Langston? Of all people, you had to run into the arms of the man that raped you?" Greg said, letting his voice go up an octave.

 

"I've got to do what's right for me," I said weakly.

 

"You're either hurting so badly over all that been going on with your family that you can't see that he's only using you or you're insane," Greg declared and it was now that my anger began to build.

 

"You told me you it was best that no one know you're the father of my son. I decided to go along with dropping the charges against Langston and declaring him the father because-" I started to say, but Greg cut me off.

 

"Because you're desperate! You can't go five minutes without having some guy next to you. You've been that way since the beginning of summer and now it's coming back to bite you in the a*s," Greg said and I could hear the rage inside of him.

 

"Leave me alone! Get away from me!" I said screaming.

 

"No," Greg told me, "I'm not losing you again!"

 

And with that he held down my arms from hitting him and kissed me for a long time. Before I knew it I was melting in his arms.

 

There was minimal light behind us and before I knew it Greg had lifted me onto a blackish looking table. It rocked softly back and forth as our kisses went from gentle to rough in a fit of passion.

 

Greg quickly unzipped his pants and I pulled down my underwear. My stomach was sticking out so far that him penetrating me sitting up would be impossible.

 

"Let me lie down," I said breaking our lip lock.

 

As I did Greg entered me and I was in heaven. He began bucking back and forth as his orgasm came and I cried out from mine. It was over rather quickly, but both us were deeply satisfied .

 

"Like I said," Greg started as I pulled back up my underwear, "I'm not losing you."

 

"So what are we going to do?" I asked standing at full attention.

 

"We're going to go out there and tell everyone the truth," Greg said to me.

 

"What about Cadence? What about Columbia?" I asked.

 

"That's where we're going. You said there's nothing left back at your mom's house and I already have my dorm arraignments set up to where it's just me and my girl," Greg said, laying out our future to me so quickly that my head was still spinning.

 

"And you're sure you can break Cadence's heart like that?" I asked, still skeptical.

 

"Myra, the day I said all those mean things to you was one of the worst days of my life. I was a jerk and I'm sorry. I hope we can move passed all that and go on with our future," Greg said.

 

"Yea I hope so too, but my court date is in January," I said to him.

 

"We'll settle out. I mean what could those girls' mothers want now? One of them is laid up in a mental hospital and isn't likely to recover and the other is going on with her life like nothing happened. That video someone recorded of the two of them having sex says it all. Kimmi and Daisy are depraved and attention starved. Who wouldn't believe that they were passing that video of you and Rick together? I bet you some members on that jury would've beaten them up too," Greg said and I was shocked.

 

"You've been following my case?" I asked him.

 

"Of course. I have a news ticker on my cell phone and I have it alert me whenever something new comes up in your trial. Trust me, Myra. You're going to win," Greg said to me and this truly did calm my soul.

 

"I'll have to alert Mr. Litfield in the morning that I'm leaving," I said realizing that this truly was happening.

 

"Good, so let's go out and make it happen," Greg said and he took my hand.

 

Just as we reached the door a shadow moved and the silhouette of a man formed.

 

"Who in the hell is that?" I called out when the man just stood there.

 

"It's good to finally see all of you, Myra," David said from the shadows.



© 2009 Tina Bee


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Life is forever complicated for Myra. Is she really going to end up with Greg? Now there's David watching them? And how is Langston going to take all this? Her circle of men.

Excellent story!!

Posted 14 Years Ago


Holy crap! Fit's hittin the shan, I'm so excited to see if it will actually work out for Myra and Greg this time... ooooh Langston's gonna be pissed, can't wait!

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

398 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on October 28, 2009

All Time Low


Author

Tina Bee
Tina Bee

Sacramento, CA



About
My new book, "The Brighter Side of Low" is now up for viewing. Read it today and new chapters have been added as of July 1, 2013. More chapters coming soon! I've completed my second book titled, "A.. more..

Writing
As We Knew It As We Knew It

A Story by Tina Bee


Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Tina Bee



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..