Chapter 26: It Wasn't Me

Chapter 26: It Wasn't Me

A Chapter by Tina Bee

After Langston dropped me off I waited for mom to get home from wherever she was so that I could go to my appointment.

 

The drive to the doctors office was monotonous and not much was said.

 

I got a warm welcome at the receptionist's desk, but the kindness ended there. I had to see the same crap nurse from last time and she was even meaner today. The ultrasound had me edging closer to the end of the gurney. I thought I'd fall off before she would tell me the sex of my child. Finally after twenty minutes of looking and ignoring my obvious anticipation she let the cat out of the bag.

 

"It's a boy," the nurse said.

 

"Thank God," I said under my breath and then I closed my eyes.

 

 

Sometimes in our darkest moment, in our deepest despairs, and our most trying times the good comes out of people in the most unusual ways.

 

At least that's what I thought about Langston and I once it became known that we were seriously dating. Of course my brothers were against it, but they left us alone for the sake of my unborn.

 

Even though Langston had made it clear that he wanted to take me to Homecoming I decided to stay in. The backlash from Daisy and Kimmi's expose had reached all the way to my front door. Principal Gellar stopped by late Friday evening to inform me that I had been expelled. Somehow word had gotten back to him that I was responsible for the debacle at the rally. When I tried to protest he put his hand up.

 

"To further complicate matters I was just informed of your pregnancy. It's very dangerous for you to be at school right now anyways," Principal Gellar said with his eyes wide.

 

"Where will I go to school then?" I asked helplessly.

 

Mom was sitting across from me next to Graham High's principal in our living room.

 

"Myra's education is important to me. If she can no longer go to Graham what can we do?" Mom asked shaking her head in disappointment.

 

"There's a school," Principal Gellar motioned in his gruff voice, "called, 'Semper Academy' which specializes in schooling pregnant teens and teen mother."

 

"That sounds like a continuation school," I sulked openly by placing my right hand on my forehead.

 

"It is, but they can help you there, Myra," Principal Gellar said and I knew he was being sincere.

 

"Where is this school located?" Mom asked much to my disdain.

 

"Fifteen minutes outside the city limits. A bus can pick her up everyday from in front of Graham if you like," Principal Gellar said.

 

The thought of ever seeing that school again angered me.

 

"None of this would be happening if you'd just believe that I didn't leak that video," I said becoming more and more distraught.

 

"Like I said, it's best that you finish with your pregnancy in a safe environment. Right now Mrs. Spins and Ms. Lautner are having it out with the school board. They want answers and names as to who recorded that video and who passed it around. If you're not there they can't get you and with that restraining order in place they can't come over here," Principal Gellar explained, but I half listened.

 

Gone were the days where I could be carefree and do what I wanted. Now I had to be shipped off to a special school because something was wrong with me.

 

"What time will the bus pick her up from Graham?" Mom asked Principal Gellar.

 

"Every morning at six fifteen so there would be little to no interaction between Myra and my students at Graham," Principal Gellar answered mom who looked pleased.

 

"Thank you for coming by and I'm sorry for all this trouble. I'm confident that Myra had nothing to do with that video, but if I find out she knows anything I'll call you," Mom said getting up from the couch.

 

Principal Gellar did the same, but I stayed seated.

 

"Yes, the school board will likely have my head for this. I'm confident that the matter will be sorted out quickly even though those girls' reputation will forever be tarnished," Principal Gellar said and I sucked in my teeth.

 

"Boo hoo for them," I said and all Principal Gellar did was stare at me.

 

"I pray you had nothing to do with this and if I'm still principal next year I guarantee that you'll be admitted back at Graham. Good luck and congratulations on the baby," Principal Gellar said and with that mom walked him to the door and he was gone.



© 2009 Tina Bee


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Well, at least the Principal Gellar wasn't mean toward Myra. And now she's off to another school and she has Langston back in her life.

Good Chapter.

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

300 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on September 29, 2009
Last Updated on September 30, 2009

All Time Low


Author

Tina Bee
Tina Bee

Sacramento, CA



About
My new book, "The Brighter Side of Low" is now up for viewing. Read it today and new chapters have been added as of July 1, 2013. More chapters coming soon! I've completed my second book titled, "A.. more..

Writing
As We Knew It As We Knew It

A Story by Tina Bee


Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Tina Bee