Chapter 24: Truth Be Told

Chapter 24: Truth Be Told

A Chapter by Tina Bee

I was in the hallway going back to Mr. Burkedale's class when someone took my hand from behind me.

 

"What do you want?" I asked Langston.

 

"I knew you'd be going this way. I have something to ask you," Langston told me.

 

Since his return all the girls swarmed over him. They all wanted to let him know that he was a saint among men and it was a horrible thing I'd done to forever tarnish his name, but he batted them all off.

 

"What is it?" I asked him rudely because the stares from other students passing us had become too much.

 

"Do you have a date to the Homecoming dance?" Langston asked me.

 

"No," I stammered as I stared him in his eyes.

 

"I'd love to take you. It would be my way of apologizing for my actions and hopefully paving the way for our baby to actually have parents who get along," Langston explain and I listened intently.

 

"There are so many girls who go to this school. Maybe you should ask them," I said even though deep down I wanted to go with him.

 

"All they want to do is about the past. I'm ready to move on to the future," Langston said with bitterness dripping in his speech.

 

"They're going to find out that you shot that movie," I said changing the subject.

 

"No they won't because I didn't shoot it," Langston said.

 

"Then who did?" I asked not believing a word he said.

 

"Rick. He was more than happy to get those beezies on camera. I just told him I needed my camera back after he was finished. He thought I was going to watch that s**t, but I handed it over to Linda the same night. If anything Rick is in hot water right now, not me," Langston explained and I could see the smile on his face as he spoke.

 

"You're really clever," I admitted.

 

"Thank you," Langston said as he mockingly took a bow.

 

"I'll think about it, but don't go buying the tickets now or anything," I said to Langston who turned the corner to my math class with me.

 

"You're not having trouble fitting into the desks are you?" Langston asked and I turned to look at him.

 

"Of course not. I was skinny and I still have more than enough room to fit," I said clearly insulted.

 

"Sorry, I just want to make sure every things going good for you and my son," Langston said and I laughed.

 

"I don't find out until later today if it's a boy or a girl," I said batting my eyes just a little bit for him.

 

"I know, but I can tell. Remember to call me as soon as you know," Langston said and then he stopped.

 

I looked at him and saw that he was eying oddly.

 

"What?" I asked him with worry written all over my face.

 

"Nothing," Langston said quietly as he turned away from me and walked in the opposite direction.

 

Mr. Burkedale never returned to class, but everyone stayed inside the classroom mainly because they were all math nerds.

 

When the bell rang for lunch we all left. I went to our usual spot under the tree and Amber along with Violetta arrived five minutes later. They both looked at me and right away we broke into hysterics. We stayed that way for almost ten minutes. The laughter was uncontrollable because what we'd witnessed was beyond comprehension.

 

"I don't think either one of them made Freshmen queen," Violetta finally managed to say.

 

"Me either. One of those girls' poor mother passed out! Good Lord, I'm glad I came back to school," Amber said and we all nodded in agreement.

 

"What a prank. I wonder who pulled it," I said and the laughter stopped.

 

"Don't you know?" Violetta asked me.

 

"No," I said shaking my head.

 

"I thought you did," Amber chimed in.

 

"No," I said vehemently, "I had nothing to do with this."

 

"Well whoever it was sure did have it out for the both of them," Violetta said.

 

"I'm glad it wasn't me. I don't need anymore things complicating my life," I said and the two of them looked at each other.

 

"So when were you going to tell us?" Amber asked boldly.

 

"Tell you what?" I asked fully knowing what they were talking about.

 

"You're expecting!" Amber said joyfully, "oh and don't try to deny it because we can tell."

 

"I didn't want to make a big deal about this," I said quietly.

 

Violetta pulled back her upper lip in jest.

 

"This is a huge deal. You're going to be a mommy. Now we have two baby showers to plan. How far along are you?" Amber asked going at a mile a minute.

 

"Eighteen weeks today," I said and they both gasped.

 

"Like Crystal?! how did you keep it a secret for so long?" Amber asked clearly amazed.

 

"Like I said I didn't want to make a big fuss," I said re-stating my stance on this whole issue.

 

"Langston's been saying this is his baby. Is that true?" Violetta asked me in a vicious tone that was uncharacteristic of her.

 

Before I could answer my mind flashed back to my first visit with my OB/GYN almost two weeks ago.



© 2013 Tina Bee


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Langston wanting into Myra's life is very interesting.
Does he really want to be in the child's life and is
Myra still going to put her baby up for adoption?
A very very good story!

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

253 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on September 27, 2009
Last Updated on April 1, 2013

All Time Low


Author

Tina Bee
Tina Bee

Sacramento, CA



About
My new book, "The Brighter Side of Low" is now up for viewing. Read it today and new chapters have been added as of July 1, 2013. More chapters coming soon! I've completed my second book titled, "A.. more..

Writing
As We Knew It As We Knew It

A Story by Tina Bee


Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Tina Bee