Chapter 22: Brotherly Love

Chapter 22: Brotherly Love

A Chapter by Tina Bee

"I can't go to class either," I told Kevin and he rolled his eyes.

 

"What's wrong?" he asked which surprised me.

 

Kevin always handled me roughly, but now he seemed more gentle.

 

"Celia had sex with David," I said hoping the Kevin would have a little pity for me.

 

"I never liked her, but who's David," Kevin asked.

 

"You remember that guy I invited for dinner at the house over the summer," I answered in a calm voice.

 

"Oh, ugh. They both need to go away," Kevin said with his face turning an angry shade of red.

 

"They won't," I said in a defeated voice.

 

"Don't worry. Mom has done this before. First she announces she's getting married and then preparations are made and nothing comes of it,"Kevin said.

 

"It just hurts you know," I said with my eyes welling up.

 

"Life sucks," Kevin said.

 

The final bell rang and I knew I'd be late for class.

 

"I can't go," I said, practically begging Kevin to save me from facing Celia.

 

"Come on. I'll take you home. School is the last place you should be, especially if you are pregnant," Kevin said to me and with that we made our way to his car.

 

Mom had allowed Kevin to purchase his own car when he got his license. A week after turning sixteen Kevin bought an Impala. Sonny loved that car and when Kevin upgraded to his present car, an E-Class Coupe, Kevin gave Sonny the Impala. Somewhere between that time Sonny had traded in the Impala for the car he drove now. I didn't see Sonny's newest car in the school's parking lot and I knew I could safely assume he wasn't here today.

 

Kevin's car was silver and it only had two doors. Somehow it was a hit with all his friends even though only five people could fit in here at one time and when it came to his friends, big burly football players, it was really only three passengers who rode around in this car most of the time.

 

Mike was a more sensible guy and he chose to car pool with friends to school. However, lately, since his relationship with LaTanya deepened she was always there by six a.m. to pick him up. I don't know what mom thought of their relationship. I'd never even heard her say more than two words to LaTanya who, in her own right, was a very lovely girl.

 

Once inside the car Kevin left the parking lot quickly. Before I knew it we were home and from then on my life would never be the same.



© 2013 Tina Bee


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

A nice moment for Myra with Kevin.

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

270 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on September 27, 2009
Last Updated on April 1, 2013

All Time Low


Author

Tina Bee
Tina Bee

Sacramento, CA



About
My new book, "The Brighter Side of Low" is now up for viewing. Read it today and new chapters have been added as of July 1, 2013. More chapters coming soon! I've completed my second book titled, "A.. more..

Writing
As We Knew It As We Knew It

A Story by Tina Bee


Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Tina Bee