Chapter 14: Matchmaker

Chapter 14: Matchmaker

A Chapter by Tina Bee

School ended quicker than I expected that day. I was so wrapped up in my thoughts that I didn't notice Ms. Reynolds standing over me.

 

"I'm sorry," I said gathering up my book bag.

 

"It's ok. Daydreaming is the sign of an active mind," Ms. Reynolds smiled softly at me.

 

"Or a mind wrapped up in nothing, but bad stuff," I commented and she looked longingly out the back windows.

 

"Go on, Myra. The bell has rung symbolizing that you and your classmates may leave and spread the knowledge that you've learned today with the rest of the world," Ms. Reynolds said to me smiling from ear to ear.

 

"Will do," I said to her and walked out.

 

Clouds had filled the sky and I knew it would be pouring tonight. Destiney was there waiting with a big smile on her face as I stepped out the classroom. I didn't even have time to say hello before she was asking me questions.

 

"Does he know I'm coming?" Destiney asked me.

 

"Yes I told him and he's interested," I said because that was the feeling I'd gotten from Jimmy.

 

"You don't know what this means to me. I've had boyfriends before, but Jimmy is just so awesome," Destiney gushed and there was nothing more I could add to that.

 

"He's a good guy," I said, biting my tongue in the process.

 

"So how did you two meet?" Destiney asked and I was very hesitant to tell her the truth.

 

"Through people," I answered as we walked toward the gym.

 

"Cool. I know I was mean to you during summer break and then after all that stuff between you, Daisy, and Kimmi went down I'll admit I hated you. I thought you were the villain, but as the months went on it became apparent that both Kimmi and Daisy were trouble makers," Destiney blabbered to me.

 

"How so?" I asked wanting even more dirt on those two idiots as possible.

 

"I shouldn't say this, but one night Katy threw a party while her parents were vacationing in Jamaica. Everyone was there and things got carried away. Long story short Kimmi let a bunch of guys run a train on her in Katy's parents' bed," Destiney revealed and I became sickened.

 

"Oh that's just plain nasty," I said holding my stomach so that real vomit didn't explode from my mouth.

 

"And Daisy," Destiney continued, "dropped acid inside the living room while everyone watched. By the end of the night she'd slept with half the boys at the party. Katy was devastated, but Kimmi and Daisy didn't care," Destiney told me and I grunted.

 

"I'm glad I beat both their asses. They deserved it," I said and Destiney nodded her head yes.

 

We reached the gym just as the thunder started. I knew mom was waiting for me so I sent her a text saying I was talking to one of my teachers and would be out in ten minutes.

 

Jimmy was standing there looking pensive. I didn't think a big guy like him could be nervous about meeting a girl, but I guess I was wrong. Destiney's smile beamed while I responded to mom's questioning text about what teacher I was talking to.

 

"Hey," Jimmy said coming up to the both of us.

 

"Hey. Jimmy this is Destiney, Destiney this is Jimmy," I said quickly and they looked at each other.

 

"Hi, beautiful," Jimmy said to Destiney who looked star struck .

 

"Hi," Destiney managed to say.

 

"So what do you have planned for the two of you?" I asked Jimmy who now seemed oblivious to anything I was saying.

 

"What, oh, she can watch me practice and then after wards we'll grab a bite to eat. Is that ok with you, princess?" Jimmy asked Destiney who let out a giggle.

 

"Sure," Destiney said joyfully.

 

Jimmy extended his arm out to her and she gladly took it. I watched as they made their way to the football field where I knew other teammates and their special ladies waited for practice to begin.

 

Quickly I turned around and walked to the front of the school where mom waited in her car. She didn't look to happy, but I paid her no mind as I buckled up and got comfortable.

 

"We're going somewhere," Mom announced to me.

 

"I have homework," I moaned to her.

 

"Mr. Litfield wants to speak to you," Mom said starting the car and backing out.

 

"About what?" I asked her as I narrowed my eyes.

 

"This has been a long time coming," Mom said more to herself than to me.

 

"What has?" I asked, but she didn't respond.

 

Somehow in the back of my mind I knew what was coming.

 



© 2009 Tina Bee


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

More trouble for Myra? Perhaps she won't have Jimmy to
bother with for a while.

Good chapter.

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

301 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on September 19, 2009

All Time Low


Author

Tina Bee
Tina Bee

Sacramento, CA



About
My new book, "The Brighter Side of Low" is now up for viewing. Read it today and new chapters have been added as of July 1, 2013. More chapters coming soon! I've completed my second book titled, "A.. more..

Writing
As We Knew It As We Knew It

A Story by Tina Bee


Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Tina Bee