Chapter 20: So Sick

Chapter 20: So Sick

A Chapter by Tina Bee

Before I could ask them what in the hell was going on headlights from behind me lit up the doorway that I stood in.

 

"S**t!" I heard Celia say.

 

I turned around and realized that mom and Arthur had just pulled up into the driveway. David worked fast to get his pants on and Celia was still scrambling with her bra.

 

I had two choices. I could go out and tell both mom and Arthur that Celia was in here having sex with David or I could help David get out of here without getting caught. Call it crazy pregnancy hormones, but I chose to do the latter.

 

Closing the front door and locking it I went straight over to David who was fumbling with his shoes. I took him by the hand and led him to the kitchen, then through the garage. We heard the car doors close, footsteps pattering against the walkway, and then someone working the key into the front door's lock.

 

I pressed the garage door button and slowly it rose up from the ground. David and I rushed to it without looking. That proved to be a big mistake.

 

"Why hello, Myra," Arthur said cheerfully, "David, so good to see you again. Did you two just come home from the football game?"

 

"Yes and we won!" I said trying to hide my nervousness.

 

"Oh, I'll have to congratulate the boys when I see them again. Is Celia inside?" Arthur said looking around to see why David and I were rushing around.

 

"She's in there. I'm going to walk David to his car," I said, even though his car was not parked anywhere near the house.

 

"Goodnight then to the both of you," Arthur told us and we parted ways.

 

At the end of the driveway David turned right. This led us to the stoplight the marked the end of Pinewood Acres. Not a word was spoken between the both of us because I didn't know what to say.

 

"What a night, huh?" David said with a hint of laughter in his voice.

 

I responded with nothing and so he stopped talking. His car was parked underneath a tree by a wooden fence right around the corner. I stopped walking and turned to him.

 

"Is that all there is?" I asked him and he looked at me puzzled.

 

"What?" David asked me.

 

"Is that all you wanted from me? Was it all about sex?" I probed.

 

"No, but Celia is a nice girl," David said as he awkwardly cleared his throat.

 

"I bet she is," I answered him.

 

David started to smooth out his hair with his palm. I suspected he was sweating bullets and not just from the walk over here.

 

"It's ok. We can still be friends," David said, attempting to come at me with his hand.

 

"Don't you touch me," I snapped and he backed away, "don't ever call me. Don't ever text message me. And just for your safety never come to this house again. I catch you over here I'll kill you myself. Got that?"

 

"Whatever. You're just a s**t who was trying to act all good like she doesn't give it up to any guy, but I know the truth. You're headed to jail as proof," David said in a shrill voice.

 

"Shows how much you know. While you were busy deflowering your little snow bunny I was taking care of business," I said and he was silent.

 

I don't know why I stood there. Maybe I was waiting for an apology of some sorts, but it never came.

 

"This night has been quite curious," David started as he inserted his key into the driver's side door, "but I have to get home. I have work in the morning. Oh and I'm sorry about your friend who got murdered. Just imagine, it could've been you. Enjoy your life, Myra. It really is what you make it."

 

Like a thief in the night David was gone. I turned to walk back home and saw mom's car pulling off to the left at the stop light.

 

As I turned the corner I thought someone was walking behind me, but when I turned around only the trees waved on this cold night.

 

I made it to bed before eleven-thirty PM. If life was what I made it then maybe I did have the power to find my happy ending.



© 2013 Tina Bee


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

David turned out to be a creep.
Really great story here!

Posted 14 Years Ago


Awww how disappointing, i was hoping david would be the one that actually wasn't a d****e LOL but it's real, i like where its going

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

302 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on September 25, 2009
Last Updated on April 1, 2013

All Time Low


Author

Tina Bee
Tina Bee

Sacramento, CA



About
My new book, "The Brighter Side of Low" is now up for viewing. Read it today and new chapters have been added as of July 1, 2013. More chapters coming soon! I've completed my second book titled, "A.. more..

Writing
As We Knew It As We Knew It

A Story by Tina Bee


Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Tina Bee



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..