Chapter 21: The Aftermath

Chapter 21: The Aftermath

A Chapter by Tina Bee

I heard nothing from Linda, Laura, or Langston and for that matter none of The Crew contacted me all day Saturday. I was sitting on MySpace Sunday night just updating my status when I saw I had a new friends request. I thought to myself, 'this couldn't be,' but there she was, Linda Ashburn. I accepted her friendship and she began instant messaging everything that went down at the party. She even went as far as to send me the link of the video Langston shot.

 

It was very graphic and I cringed at seeing Kimmi and Daisy coiled up together in an erotic dance. Soon they removed all clothing and further description of what I saw is unnecessary. The video had already gone viral and no word or comment had been made by either Daisy nor Kimmi. Of course Rick's face was plastered across the screen, but I reminded Linda that he was a male and most people would think he was the luckiest guy on the planet right now.

 

Linda agreed and again thanked me. She then went on to inform me that Laura would be back at school on Monday. I told her that was good and then I asked her how she found me on MySpace. Apparently Violetta had added students from Graham to her page and that's how I had been unearthed. That bothered me, but at this point I could careless. Life was good.

 

After I signed out I turned over and closed my eyes. I wasn't hungry at all and since I'd been taking my pre-natal vitamins I didn't worry about the baby not getting nutrients. I took in a deep breath and with that sleep took me under before I could protest.

 

"Those two girls must be devastated. I hear they're not even at school today," Amber said at the lunch table.

 

"Everyone's seen that video of them. I wonder who took it," Violetta chimed in.

 

It was lunchtime and the aftermath of Kimmi and Daisy's expose was the only thing that rolled off the tongues of my fellow classmates. A few boys in my Science class had the actual video on their cell phone and they began spreading it around to those next to them.

 

"Isn't her brother on the football team?" Amber asked me.

 

"Who's brother?" I asked, snapping out of my daydreaming.

 

"The dog faced one," Amber said and I laughed.

 

"Oh, Daisy. Yes, her brother is Kyle Spins," I answered which caused them both to suck in air.

 

"If that were my little sister I'd beat the tar out of her," Violetta said with a hot air of contempt surrounding her.

 

"I don't have a problem with what they're doing, but it's the fact that they come off as so popular and self-absorbed that you wouldn't suspect them to be lesbians," Amber commented and I chimed in.

 

"Actually I'm one hundred percent sure Kimmi is bi, but Daisy is another story," I said and Amber nodded with understanding.

 

"There's another rumor running through the mill," Violetta started, "word has it that Langston Miles is returning to school."

 

My stomach tightened. This had been part of the deal and the wheels were already turning in that motion. Saturday, while everyone ignored me, I phoned Mr. Litfield and accepted the offer to drop all the charges against Langston citing that my pregnancy conflicted with the case. Basically since he could be the father of my child I had found it in my heart to forgive him.

 

"Is that true, Myra?" Amber asked me turning her fiery eyes on me.

 

"We'll just have to wait and see," I answered even though the truth was I couldn't bring myself to tell them that Langston was going to get away with forcing himself upon me.

 

This was a very humiliating defeat on my revenge tour, but I hoped the ends would justify the means so to speak.

 

I was still a shaken by Celia and David. Secretly I hoped she wouldn't be in art class today. Just looking at her would bring up emotions that I couldn't name. I wasn't angry, disgusted, or sickened. I was something else, but I couldn't put my finger on it.

 

As I sat there trying to delete what I saw on that couch Friday night someone pulled my arm from behind me. Whoever did this had to be strong and I was lifted in one swoop. It happened so fast that my legs didn't support me when I hit the ground and I fell on my knee cap.

 

"Tell me it isn't true!" Kevin said angrily.

 

"Myra, are you ok?" Amber asked getting up.

 

I looked up at her and all around. People were staring and I knew if I wanted to avoid being the next big scandal I had to get up. There was no need to for me to try because Kevin had me on my feet in another strong pull.

 

I put my hand up to tell Amber not to come any closer. When Kevin was this angry anyone around him could get seriously hurt.

 

"I don't know what you're talking about," I said to Kevin as I dusted off my knee.

 

Today I wore thick jeans and luckily they padded my skin from getting split open, but the brown dirt stain was unsightly.

 

Kevin tugged me along far away from the table. We were headed to the school's parking lot which was off limits during lunch period.

 

"Let go of me!" I protested.

 

We passed by the outdoor snack stand that sold chips and soda to those lucky enough to afford to eat like birds. Our classmates stared, but no one dared say a thing to one of the best football players on the team. No matter if he was man handling his sister who was ten shades darker than he.

 

Once in the parking lot Kevin went wild. He began punching the air and he even went as far as to punch the chain link fence behind me. He barely missed my face and somehow I knew that his new found grief had caused his aim to be off. He had no sympathy for me.

 

"Everyone's been saying it since the beginning of the school year, but I ignored it. Now I have to hear from my best friend that you're pregnant and by Langston of all people!" Kevin said which made me close my eyes and wish I was somewhere else.

 

"I'm not-" I started, but Kevin cut me off.

 

"No matter what I'm your older brother and I'm supposed to protect you from bullshit. Now Langston is coming back, coach is letting him play, and he knocked my little sister up!" Kevin was hysterical at this point.

 

No one was back here, but I knew that the school's surveillance camera were zooming in on this situation as Kevin broke down. Soon administrators would come driving by on their golf carts to see what was going on and I was in no mood to explain any of this.

 

"It's not as bad as it sounds," I said to Kevin who stared at me like I was an alien on another planet.

 

"You're right it's worse," Kevin replied and then he got started on another tangent, "I can't play on a team with that dude. I'll kill him. Do you get it? I'll knock his a*s down and kill him! Mike will do the same. Coach is being stupid. This can't be. D****t man, not this!"

 

Kevin was leaving for college by the end of next summer. He was already applying to all the major universities and it was a given he'd go on a football scholarship. He had to play on this team otherwise there would be no point in him even going off to college.

 

"Don't do it. I'm sure Langston won't play right away. Jimmy is the quarter back now," I said trying to calm Kevin down.

 

"Coach is knocking him off. That dude is a base head, straight up. He can't even block," Kevin said and his blue eyes were going wild.

 

Jimmy was being kicked off the football team? I felt even worse now about my decision to do Langston this favor.

 

"This can't be," I said shaking my head and then the bell rang.

 

"I can't go to class like this. I'm leaving. I'm not going to practice either because Langston will be there. I don't know how Mike's going to do it. He's more compassionate than I am he can forgive and forget, but I can't do that. Not after Langston disrespected my family. Hell no," Kevin yammered.

 

All these years Kevin had been the man of the house. Mom was never able to keep a guy long enough to get married so he had to be the one we went to with silly problems. He's the one who helped me with homework, he's the one who cooked us dinner, and he's the one we all listened to.

 

In the last six months something had awaken in me and I began my reign of impiety. I had taken bold steps to separate myself from the rest. I started smoking weed, dressing provocatively, and having sex. Kevin didn't know that I'd had sex with Jimmy and Greg. If he did he would kill them himself because I was his defiant charge.

 

All this time I'd been searching for someone to answer to and he had been right in front of my eyes the whole time.

 

"I don't know what I should do about my baby," I said and suddenly it felt like a weight had been lifted off my shoulders.

 

"You should give it up for adoption. Life is hard enough without having to raise a child when you can't even drive," Kevin said to me with his fists balled up into a fist, "I swear to God I'm going to kill him."

 

Adoption was not something that I had seriously considered, but upon hearing those words I knew it would be best.

 

Greg, the true father of this child, was already long gone because of my refusal to let him in. Through hurt feelings he had flown Cadence in from wherever she resided to live with him at his parents' house. Since Greg was a man who loved intensely and Cadence was a girl who was 'pure of heart' I'm sure his parents had readily agreed. Especially since the love of Greg's life was obviously Cadence and not me.



© 2013 Tina Bee


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Complications for Myra. I wonder if her life will ever be peaceful anytime soon.
I kinda hope Myra keeps her baby not matter what Grey does.

Posted 14 Years Ago


At first I felt like the last paragraph was a little misplaced, but then I realized that Myra is more upset about Greg leaving her for Cadence than she's leading on. So she's restating what happened to drive the point into her head: Greg may be gone for good.

Posted 14 Years Ago


Awwww... it's almost cute how he's protective of her..... Is she really givign teh baby up for adoption!?! Juicy! It all read realy well too, except the last paragraph; hasn't all of this already been explained in this book? Maybe I'm just thinking that b/c I read the first one so recently. If not maybe try and find a plce to slip it in earlier the way it is here, it kind of feels like playing catch up this late in the game. But hey, what do I know? :-)

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

461 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on September 25, 2009
Last Updated on April 1, 2013

All Time Low


Author

Tina Bee
Tina Bee

Sacramento, CA



About
My new book, "The Brighter Side of Low" is now up for viewing. Read it today and new chapters have been added as of July 1, 2013. More chapters coming soon! I've completed my second book titled, "A.. more..

Writing
As We Knew It As We Knew It

A Story by Tina Bee


Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Tina Bee



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..