Chapter 19: I Can Be Evil Too

Chapter 19: I Can Be Evil Too

A Chapter by Tina Bee

Cameron made it perfectly clear once the game ended that he didn't want to go home. Crystal and Robbie looked befuddled and Amber had to pull Cameron aside and beg him to let them go home. She even offered him gas money to do so.

 

Fighting was not usual for us and the growing tension had me confused. I received a call from Linda who told me to meet her and Laura by the snack booth. I excused myself and in the chaos no one noticed.

 

By the booth stood both Linda and Laura Ashburn. Laura looked drained and I could tell her nerves had been rattled badly.

 

"Are you sure he'll do it?" Linda asked me right away.

 

"Yes, we just have to meet him in the parking lot in about fifteen minutes to give him the camera," I answered her.

 

"Why are you helping us?" Laura said in a hoarse voice.

 

"Because two wrongs don't make a right," I answered her, but all she did was stare.

 

"We should go now while the crowd is full so the vice principals don't take notice to Langston's presence," Linda suggested.

 

"Ok, let's go, but you two walk ahead of me," I said and they obliged.

 

Tonight a full moon blessed the sky. As the masses exited the game I was lost within the sea of bodies. I had arranged for the three of us to meet Langston at the deserted south side of the school. He had let me know his mother would let him borrow her car as long as he was home by midnight.

 

Laura and Linda waited for me by the school's front office. Since this was not our home school navigating our way around proved difficult. Langston's cell phone number lit up across my phone's screen and I answered.

 

"Where are you guys?" Langston asked me.

 

"We're coming. Stay where you are, don't get spooked," I told him and hung up.

 

Laura stayed behind me and Linda was on my left side. We saw Langston's car and went to it.

 

"Here," Linda said thrusting the camera at him, "it's pretty self-explanatory. Just be sure the red button is on because means it's recording."

 

"Is there any sound on it?" Langston asked and that wasn't something that I'd thought of.

 

"No and that's for the best at this point," Laura chimed in, "It'll be their word against ours if it comes down to asking who recorded it. No one knows that we're in cahoots so they won't suspect you."

 

"That's all I needed to know," Langston said as he turned his car on.

 

"Make sure you record with the lights on and try not to make it obvious that it's Phoebe's bedroom. Get good shots of their faces," Linda said and we all nodded in agreement.

 

Langston put the camera in the passenger side seat and took off. We stood there watching and then Linda turned to me.

 

"So is all forgiven between the two of you?" Linda asked and I knew she meant between Langston and I.

 

"Not quite, but it's getting there," I answered and then I looked at Laura, "I'm sorry for going out with your boyfriend after you tried to warn me. It was a stupid thing to do."

 

"It's ok. I should have been telling myself the same thing," Laura said and tears were flowing down her face.

 

I don't know what came over me, but I went to Laura and hugged her. We began sobbing into each others shoulders.

 

All the stress and bitterness of the events that proceeded this night had been erased, at least in my mind. We were both in the same boat in regard to the fact that we'd both been recorded against our will by someone we trusted.

 

When the crying stopped we moved away from each other and looked at Linda who was crying too. This moment was so surreal and swift that I knew I couldn't go to that party.

 

"I'm going to call it a night," I told them both.

 

"You're not going to the party?" Linda asked me.

 

"No, I think I've done enough for the night. You know what to do with the footage and by Monday Laura will be back in school. I wish you two the best of luck," I said and then I left them standing there in the dark as the moon hit us in the most wonderful fashion.

 

It worked out that Cameron gave in and dropped Crystal and Robbie off. When I announced that I too wanted to go home nothing was said. The mood had turned anyways and I suspected ties were getting cut.

 

Once I arrived at home I was glad to see mom and Arthur weren't there. I let myself in, but was horrified when I saw what was going on in the living room.

 

Two people gyrated in the nude on the couch. How many times I had to see the act of love making upon opening the front door I'd never know.

 

Once the cold air hit the room the two bodies stopped, scrambled for anything to cover up, and looked over at me.

 

The faces were easily made out because the glow of the television set illuminated them.

 

"David? Celia?" I said in disbelief.



© 2009 Tina Bee


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

What! Shocker!

Posted 14 Years Ago


OMG DAVID AND CELIA!!! WTH?!? I can't wait to see what hapens next!! I like where you went with it, it seems like Myra is showing some maturity by helping former enemies but somehow it feels like she is soo alone now, especially with the David-Celia development following right after Greg, so excited to see where it goes next! :-)

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

262 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on September 22, 2009

All Time Low


Author

Tina Bee
Tina Bee

Sacramento, CA



About
My new book, "The Brighter Side of Low" is now up for viewing. Read it today and new chapters have been added as of July 1, 2013. More chapters coming soon! I've completed my second book titled, "A.. more..

Writing
As We Knew It As We Knew It

A Story by Tina Bee


Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Tina Bee



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..