Chapter 8: Cat Fight

Chapter 8: Cat Fight

A Chapter by Tina Bee

Once at school I rushed into the girls bathroom and went in a stall. I snapped two pictures of the sonogram and sent them to Greg. I stayed in there until he sent me a text.

 

"Beautiful," Greg texted me.

 

"I guess," was all I could respond with.

 

I left the bathroom and made it to Mrs. Lamponian's science class just as the bell rang.

 

The rest of Thursday I was in a daze around Amber and Violetta. Jimmy did not join us and they went on and on about how froo-froo he was becoming now that he was a football player. When the bell rang I went to my last two classes. Celia started chattering with me and I did my best to ignore her. When the bell rang I left, but she didn't follow. Mom picked me up and again I went home and fell right to sleep.

 

My weekend was filled with class assignments. I had no free time and barely responded to any text messages. Mr. Burkedale had decided to swamp us with five pages of weekend work to get our minds functioning.

 

By Wednesday of the second week of class I was exhausted.

 

"That Mr. Burkedale is something else," I said to Violetta at lunch time.

 

It was just she and I today. Amber decided to take a personal day off for whatever reason.

 

"Yea, I hate math," Violetta said to me.

 

She was reading some papers that were stapled together very intently. I didn't want to break her concentration, but I did anyway.

 

"What's that?" I asked her.

 

"Oh, this is the cheerleading manual we have to memorize for tomorrow's practice," Violetta answered me with a smile.

 

Violetta was such a kind hearted person. I truly did wonder what had led to her downfall in life. Before I could ponder anything else two girls who I knew only to be Kevin's ex girlfriends approached the table.

 

"Well, hello," the blondest one of them all huffed at Violetta.

 

"Hi, Jackie," Violetta said looking up from her reading.

 

"Having a good lunch?" she asked and I took a mental note of how she wouldn't turn her body toward me.

 

"Like always," Violetta answered.

 

"Tegan and I are wondering if you want to come sit with us," Jackie said to Violetta who looked at her in confusion.

 

"No, I'm sitting with Myra, you two are welcomed to join us," Violetta offered, but Jackie scowled.

 

"Um, that's ok, see you at practice," Jackie answered.

 

Jackie and Tegan scuttled off quickly toward the classroom hallways.

 

"Is it just me or..." I started to say.

 

"Did it feel like they were trying to hint something at me?" Violetta asked me.

 

"Definitely," I answered.

 

"People need to mind their business," Violetta said and went back to her reading.

 

I looked around at the kids eating lunch. Most were goofing off so much they paid us no mind, but there was a table filled with the so called popular click that locked eyes with me. Immediately they turned the other way. This got my blood boiling.

 

"I'll be right back," I said to Violetta.

 

I moved away from the table quickly and went over to the clicks table. A boy named Rother Jacobs, who I knew lived in one of the big houses on Dwight Street, turned to me.

 

"What in the world do you want?" Rother asked me.

 

"Does anyone have at this table have a problem with me?" I asked loud enough to stop the conversation among them.

 

"Eww, what is she doing over here?" the girl sitting straight across from Asher asked.

 

"Can't say that any of us do," Rother answered me and there were snickers among them.

 

"Yea, so why don't you take your broke down, ho a*s, back to your spot under the tree, ok?" the girl said to me.

 

"Who in the f**k do you think you're talking to?" I asked her and she stood up.

 

"Do you think anyone over here is scared of you? Just because you fucked Langston and then got him put in jail doesn't mean I'm going to bow down to the likes of you. You're nothing, but a skank!" she said to me just inches from my face.

 

"Is that right?" I asked her stepping closer.

 

It felt like the air had been sucked out around us. No one sitting near us spoke and all had gone quiet inside cafeteria directly to my right. I could tell because the flow of conversation had quickly decreased and I could see heads turned toward me.

 

The girl stepped closer and grabbed my left wrist. Panicked I saw a cup of soda on the table and grabbed it with my right hand and took the cup and smashed it over the side of her head.

 

Red colored drink splattered all over her white t-shirt. The hair style she had in, curls obviously done this morning, fell flat against her head. The drink even splattered down to her jeans and white tennis shoes. Suddenly time stopped The girl screamed and went for my face, but just in the knick of time someone pulled me back.

 

"Someone get that b***h!" Sonny screamed at the kids sitting down.

 

Rother jumped up, most likely out of fear, and took the girl by the waist. He was careful not to get the juice on himself.

 

Sonny, my third oldest brother and the meanest, turned me around so his back was to the girl and she couldn't get me. She was still screaming and huffing.

 

"What's going on here?" a hall duty came out the cafeteria asking.

 

All the kids inside were rushing out.

 

"Just get out of here," Sonny said and he pushed me forward and I walked away quickly.

 

I kept moving even as the crowds gathered to watch the girl's fit. I didn't make it very because the lunch monitor grabbed me by my arm.

 

"Where do you think you're going?" she screamed at me.

 

"Get your hands off of me!" I yelled right back into her face.

 

"You need to come with, to the vice principals office! I know all about you, Myra, you're trouble. COME ON!" she said and I tried to twist out of her grip, but she was surprisingly strong.

 

We got into the office just as the lunch bell rang. The place was deserted and the monitor yelled for help, but no one came.

 

"I'm going to be late for class," I said to her and she sneered at me.

 

"If I get my way you won't ever be going to class again!" she said in a voice that echoed off the walls.

 

It was enough to bring Principal Gellar out of his office with a napkin still tucked in his collar and spread over his chest.

 

"What's going on in here?" he asked wide eyed.

 

"She's hurting me," I said to him before the monitor could speak.

 

"This girl, Myra, started a fight with another student," she said pointedly to the Principal who looked a bit thrown off.

 

"Come into my office immediately," Principal Gellar said to me.

 

The woman let my arm go and I marched passed Principal Gellar and into his office. He stayed out in the main office speaking ever so softly with the lunch monitor. After a few moments I could see the girl, still covered in bright red soda, rambling off the events to the principal as the woman stood there nodding her head, agreeing with every word being said.

 

Principal Gellar stood there for a minute before coming into the office with me. On his desk was a fast food cheeseburger that had my stomach rumbling with desire.

 

"She started it," I said to him before he even sat down.

 

"According to Gwendolyn, the girl you spilled soda on, you went to the table starting drama," principal Gellar said.

 

"That was after they'd sent two girls to the table that my friend and I were sitting at to try and get her to sit with them," I explained in a rushed voiced.

 

"So this is over you being mad about not being invited to join them?" principal Gellar asked me and when he put it that way it truly did sound stupid.

 

"Well, no, I went to the table and asked if anyone had a problem to me and then that girl got in my face calling me a ho and trash and then she grabbed my wrist and was about to sock me, but I got to her first with the soda," I said with barely enough breath to finish the last word.

 

"Calm down," principal Gellar said to me as he leaned back in his chair contemplating this entire mess.

 

The cheeseburger called to me and I had half the mind to ask him for a piece. I fought the urge and instead looked out the window that directly faced the cafeteria. It was deserted now and I knew for certain that I'd be late to my English class now.

 

"I'm late for class," I muttered under my breath.

 

"You're a good student. Your grades are impeccable and all your teachers like you, but the students are a bit standoffish," principal Gellar started, "I'm going to allow you to go to class, but tomorrow you are to report to the in school suspension room for the next two days."

 

"That's not fair!" I said, but principal Gellar raised his hand.

 

"We can do at home suspension and contact your mother, who I'm almost certain would pull you out in a heartbeat. Do we have a deal?" he asked me.

 

"Yes," I said looking at the floor.

 

"Go to the admittance desk and get your late slip and then report to room B2 as soon as the first bell rings tomorrow. Your name will be on the list. Normally one of the vice principals would deal with you Myra, but I've taken a special interest in this whole thing because I'd hate to see a student fail just because of events that have been out of his or her control," principal Gellar said to me.

 

I picked myself up and left his office.



© 2009 Tina Bee


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Lucky the principal likes her. Myra could have gotten in a lot worse trouble!

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

306 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on September 10, 2009

All Time Low


Author

Tina Bee
Tina Bee

Sacramento, CA



About
My new book, "The Brighter Side of Low" is now up for viewing. Read it today and new chapters have been added as of July 1, 2013. More chapters coming soon! I've completed my second book titled, "A.. more..

Writing
As We Knew It As We Knew It

A Story by Tina Bee


Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Tina Bee