Rabindranath Tagore birthday is tomorrow May 7

Rabindranath Tagore birthday is tomorrow May 7

A Chapter by JessyJacob

The Indian Express
JOURNALISm


NewsWhen IsRabindranath Tagore Jayanti 2024: Know the date, origin and significance of the day
Rabindranath Tagore Jayanti 2024: Know the date, origin and significance of the day
As we commemorate Rabindranath Tagore's 163rd Jayanti, here's all you need to know about the eminent Nobel laureate and the significance behind the day.


rabindranath tagore, rabindranath tagore 2023, rabindranath tagore jayanti, rabindranath tagore jayanti 2023, rabindranath tagore quotes, rabindranath tagore birthday, rabindranath tagore wishes, rabindranath tagore birthday wishes, rabindranath tagore images, rabindranath tagore jayanti images, rabindra tagore jayanti, rabindra jayanti 2023, rabindra jayanti quotes, rabindra jayanti images, rabindra jayanti messages
Rabindranath Tagore Jayanti or the Rabindra Jayanti is a cultural celebration for the Bengali community around the world, in remembrance and reverence of the luminary Rabindranath Tagore on his birthday. Here's all you need to know. (Express Archive)
Rabindranath Tagore Jayanti 2024 Date and History: Rabindranath Tagore Jayanti, also known as Rabindra Jayanti or Poncheeshe Boishakh in Kolkata, is a significant cultural observance commemorating the birth anniversary of the eminent Nobel laureate, Rabindranath Tagore, who has been revered with titles such as ‘Gurudev’, ‘Kabiguru’, and ‘Biswakabi’.

Revered across the world for his remarkable contributions to literature, music, and art, the legendary Bengali poet, writer, painter, social reformer, and philosopher from West Bengal, Tagore has significantly influenced the cultural and political history of India.


As we commemorate Rabindranath Tagore’s 163rd Jayanti, here’s all you need to know about Rabindranath Tagore and the significance behind the day.

Rabindranath Tagore Jayanti 2024: Date
According to the Gregorian calendar, Rabindranath Tagore was born in Kolkata on May 7, 1861, to parents Debendranath Tagore and Sarada Deviwas. He was a distinct personality from Bengal who had a significant impact on Bengali literature, music, and Indian art via modernism.



In West Bengal, Rabindra Jayanti is usually celebrated on the 25th day of the Bengali month of Boishakh, following the traditional Bengali calendar. In 2024, we will commemorate the 163rd birth anniversary of Rabindranath Tagore on Wednesday, May 8th.

Rabindranath Tagore Jayanti 2024: Life Story and Significance
Rabindranath Tagore, a prominent figure in the Bengali Renaissance, was also a visionary educator who revolutionised traditional classroom teaching and founded Visva-Bharati University in Santiniketan, West Bengal.


Also Read | Great Storytellers for Children: Rabindranath Tagore
His literary works, spanning poetry, novels, short stories, and essays, inspire writers and artists globally. ‘Gitanjali’, Tagore’s renowned collection of poems, was recognised with the Nobel Prize in Literature in 1913. Notably, as per historical records, he holds the unique distinction of having penned the national anthems of two nations: Jana Gana Mana for India and Amar Sonar Bangla for Bangladesh.


Students, teachers & staff of Visva-Bharati University participating in 154th birth anniversary celebration of Rabindranath Tagore at Santiniketan in Birbhum district of West Bengal. (Source: PTI) Students, teachers & staff of Visva-Bharati University celebrating the birth anniversary of Rabindranath Tagore at Santiniketan in the Birbhum district of West Bengal. (Source: PTI)
Rabindra Jayanti festivities honour Tagore, the man who transformed India’s art and culture, by performing Rabindra Sangeet, a collection of over 2,230 songs created by him, as well as dances, acting, writing, poetry recitation, and other activities.

Tagore passed away on August 7, 1941, and his legacy is commemorated in the national anthem of India and Shantiniketan (West Bengal). Decades after his death, his work continues to inspire new artists throughout the world.



My favorite writer
I never knew he uses so much of thy thee thou bible words.
His poems are so natural pleasing to read
And takes you sone where....

J Jacob..



© 2024 JessyJacob


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

41 Views
Added on May 6, 2024
Last Updated on May 6, 2024

Missing him, At our home!


Author

JessyJacob
JessyJacob

About
A dressed up bride waiting for her man in wedded dress but world will see where that when that wedding happens as she doesn’t know for herself too so she married gets married every day in temple.. more..

Writing