12) Something Forgotten

12) Something Forgotten

A Chapter by Kelly M.

A touch of sunlight flickered across April's face, making her stir.  Her eyes fluttered open, and, when she saw the welcoming face of the sun, she nearly exploded with happiness.  Her heartfelt plea had been answered.  She flew back the covers, her heart light.  This was to be the best day of her life.  She felt like singing.

"Oh, Jenny," she exclaimed, hurrying over to the kitchen with a robe about her, "the sun is out and shining.  We can still have an outdoors wedding!"

Jenny smiled softly as she, Mrs. Carter and her mother were hurriedly making the meal for the anticipated afternoon.

"There's just so much to do!" April cried, hurrying toward the outdoor pump where she could haul water for a good bath before doing her hair.

After a quick, but satisfactory bath, April began to pin up her long tresses with Jenny's help.  They talked excitedly to each other, relating past antics, and smiling over future dreams.

"Oh, Jenny," April whispered softly, turning to her, "we've had such good times together.  I have no idea what I'll do without you."

Jenny embraced her warmly.  "I'll always be here no matter what.  Besides, we can visit-- and often."

April nodded, her face radiant.  "Dreams," she whispered.  "I think this is the best one I've ever possibly had."

She felt tears coming to her eyes, and, all of a sudden, she wished for the security of her bedroom where she could have a good cry.  She had dreamed so much and so long for this day, and now she felt like weeping for it was finally coming true.

"Well," April said, dabbing at her eyes, "I suppose I better hurry.  The wedding may start without me," she teased gaily.

~*~

A full two hours passed though it only seemed like minutes for everything was in a flurry.  Mrs. Carter and April's mother were doing a last check to make sure they had all the food ready, and the preacher had just arrived, practicing what he had to say.  Jenny was assisting April, and Drew had been nowhere in sight.  April thought all her concerns had faded from last night about the weather, but now she had a new concern.  Drew hadn't arrived, and the wedding was to start in only a few hours.  Where could he be?

April finally slipped into the creamy folds of her wedding gown, and admired it once more in the mirror.  She looked beautiful and radiant, though inside she couldn't help but feel a little bit of the before-wedding-jitters.

"You look like an angel," Mrs. Carter exclaimed over her.

Her mother merely nodded, unable to speak.

April could only smile, feeling her cheeks glow with happiness, and her stomach dizzy with butterflies.

"Do you think Drew will like it?" she whispered.

"Like it?  He'll nearly faint when he sees you in it," her father replied in his usual joking manner.

"Oh," she whispered, hugging both her parents.  "I'm going to miss you so much."

Her mother pulled out her handkerchief, and wiped her eyes while her father glowed with loving pride.

"And we'll miss you, of course," her mother replied hurriedly.  "If only we could live closer..." she thought softly, then quickly added, "but your father has his job."

April nodded, kissing her cheek.  "There won't be one minute that goes by without me missing you, and, even though I'd love if you could stay a little longer, I understand that you need to get back.  Besides, I need someone to tell me all the news on how Kanika is doing.  I miss her so much."

~*~

The minutes slipped by, and everything was in order.  There wasn't one thing misplaced or forgotten.  It was only the most important detail that they didn't appear to have at the moment.  The groom.  Where was he?  April fidgeted, and watched out the window.  They only had an hour left until the ceremony began, and he couldn't have possibly forgotten.  Then a horrid thought struck her.  What if something has happened?



© 2011 Kelly M.


Author's Note

Kelly M.
I hope I left you at a slight cliffhanger. :)

Your thoughts? :D

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

short response. Nice write. kbye next chapter.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Oh noes, what happened to drew?! I'm so esstatic that I think I'm going to explode! ^^ I can't wait for the wedding, I know it's going to be so beautiful and wonderful. That is, if Drew hasn't forgotten. ;D Great work!

Posted 12 Years Ago


Wow Drew is missing?? Nice cliffhanger at the end! I am anxious to read the next chapter so... I hope you get it posted soon, plus I want to read about the wedding!
Anyway, you had great descriptions in this chapter and I think you expressed the emotions of your characters perfectly. Great job!

~Erinne

Posted 12 Years Ago


I'M GOING TO STRANGLE YOU!!!!! HOW DARE YOU LEAVE US HANGING LIKE THAT!!!! I WANTED TO READ THE WEDDING CHAPTER!!!!!! URGGGG!!!! DARN YOU, KELLY!!!!!!!!! WRITE!!!!!! WRITEWRITEWRITEWRITEWRITEWRITEWRITEWRITE!!!!!! WRITEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted 12 Years Ago


Oh my Gosh keep writing! This chapter was PERFECTLY written. :) Drew's accident prone, goodness he just can't get it together! Haha but seriously I hope everything turns out okay.

Posted 12 Years Ago


What the snap crackle and pop!! Drew's missing _-_. Grr. . I hate cliffhangers

Posted 12 Years Ago


OMG!!! Drew's missing, where did he go! :O I can't wait to read more xD

~Lizzard~

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

283 Views
7 Reviews
Added on June 20, 2011
Last Updated on November 15, 2011


Author

Kelly M.
Kelly M.

SC



About
"The Spirit of God made me; the breath of the Almighty God gives me life." Job 33:4 more..

Writing
By a Friend By a Friend

A Poem by Kelly M.


Chapter One Chapter One

A Chapter by Kelly M.


Chapter Two Chapter Two

A Chapter by Kelly M.