Chapter Six: Stella

Chapter Six: Stella

A Chapter by Locke Redwyne (night sys)
"

Hallie Stelliar Delany Mars 4 May 19th

"

Saturn Day, Saturn Day, Saturn Day! I think gleefully. My birthday! Scrabbling through my closet, I find the new in-style outfit that I’d begged my mom to buy for me last week. Pulling it on, I admire myself in the mirror. Too bad I’m out of school for the week, I sigh. Since it’s Mars Colony Founding Celebration Week, everyone has the week off of school. Otherwise, I’d be sitting in math class right now. I look at my clock. 8:30. Nevermind, I’d be in science, before math.

“Hallie!” Mom calls from the kitchen downstairs. “Breakfast!” I always get a celebratory breakfast on my birthday, and it’s almost enough to let me forgive Mom for calling me by my first name. Almost. I clomp downstairs in my new boots.

“Mom, I’ve told you a thousand times, I don’t like being called ‘Hallie.’”

“Oh, sorry. Stella,” I catch the sarcastic emphasis on my preferred name. I choose to ignore it, and slide into a chair at the breakfast counter. My little sister Georgia is sitting in her spot, already halfway through her cereal bowl. Mom slides a plate of blueberry waffles with caramel on top in front of me. Licking my lips, I pick up my fork and dig in. Georgia looks at me with obvious disgust.

“I will never understand you,” she decides, turning back to her cereal.

“I’d be fine with that,” I answer, grinning. Georgia rolls her eyes and continues eating.

A knock on the door jolts me to my feet. I push away my empty plate and hurry to the door. My friend Kalli stands there, holding a present. “Hi Kalli!” I exclaim brightly, ushering her inside. She smiles, handing me the present and plopping down on the couch.

“I can't wait for your party,” Kalli explains, “So I wanted to give you your present now.”

“Thanks!” I squeal, tearing off the wrapping paper. Inside the box is a new necklace, shrouded in wrapping paper. I shake the paper off the necklace and hold it up. An emerald pendant dangles from a silver chain, with smaller emeralds embedded every couple links. “Ooh, emerald! My birthstone!”

“Yeah. I thought it’d go with your new outfit,” Kallie grins. I’m kinda surprised she thought of that, since her ‘fashion sense’ isn’t all that great. Then I see her hair. OMG, this girl has no fashion sense at all.

“What did you do to your hair??” I ask, already pulling out hairspray and a brush.

“UM… nothing?” She answers, unsure. “Is that a problem?”
“YESS!! I am doing your hair right now!!” I sit her down in a chair and begin brushing the tangled mass of hair into submission. Aside from the occasional grunt of pain, Kalli is silent while I braid her hair in the latest fashion and hairspray it into place. She knows that she can’t stop me from doing this. When I’m finished, she hops up and peeks in the mirror.

“That is better,” she says with a smile. “Sorry, I have to go. Dad’s waiting for me, we’re going to finish off the celebration week with a vacation.”

“Where to?” I ask curiously.

“Nowhere special, just somewhere for Dad’s work,” Kalli answers, twirling the end of her braid in her fingers.

“Darn. I was hoping you could stay over for the night.”

“Sorry,” she apologizes again. “Gotta go.” She dashes out the front door, and I see her clamber into a glidecar, which glides away before the door is closed fully. Crazy driver, I think, rolling my eyes. Then I clomp back up to my room. Stepping inside, I look around. My eyes fall on a… What the heck??? There’s a glowing, floating blue sphere about a foot above my bed! I reach out to grab it. As my fingers touch the sphere, I feel a faint tugging sensation in my gut, then everything goes black. The last sensation I feel before I completely black out is feeling like I’m being stretched into spaghetti.



© 2018 Locke Redwyne (night sys)


Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

XD I forgot how hilarious Stella is XD

Posted 6 Years Ago


Locke Redwyne (night sys)

6 Years Ago

Stella acts like me
Are you that I'm hilarious?

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

68 Views
1 Review
Added on April 17, 2018
Last Updated on April 18, 2018

Black Hole Project 13 Saga: Book One- Beginnings


Author

Locke Redwyne (night sys)
Locke Redwyne (night sys)

WA



About
Wow, we haven't used this account in literal years! DID system of 19, idk if we'll be posting here but. I'm so glad to find this archive of our old writing. more..

Writing