Chapter Ten: Arx

Chapter Ten: Arx

A Chapter by Locke Redwyne (night sys)
"

Pluto 4 May 20th

"

It’s been awhile since my confrontation with Jomo. After that, he just avoided me. I had one other encounter with him on Neptune 27, but he mainly avoided me. Miles and Lauren told me to meet them on Pluto 43, and I had no idea what they were up to. When I reached there, my questions were answered like a cloud lifted off my head. The city was in a complete fallout. I strolled the streets cooly, dodging fireballs and other shrapnel that were flung my way. A few blocks before Main Street, I climbed a mountain of suspicious-looking dead bodies. A lugger falcon was sitting on top of a road sign. Lugger falcons should have gone extinct by now, but I know the falcon is no ordinary bird. “Miles!” I call as I pull a thick leather glove on over my hand. In times past, I will have been calling the falcon to my fist. Miles lands on my fist with a satisfying whump and drops to the ground. He changes from bird to person in a matter of seconds. “How long?” he asks.

I check my watch. “2.15 seconds.”

He groans. “Dang it, the last time I only morphed in 1 ½!”

I grin, but it fades when I hear a bang not too far from us. “What is Lauren doing?” I say with a raised eyebrow.

“Oh, she just found a stash of hand-grenades that are, like 200 years old.” Miles replies, shifting from foot to foot. He knows I don’t like it when someone talks about the past, or about time travel. I flinch slightly, out of the vision of Miles, and stare back the way the explosion came from. “Where are they?” I demand.

Growing wings, Miles flies up into the air. “I’ll take you there.” He picks me up, but I wriggle out of his grasp and start falling. “I’d like to do this the normal way, if you don’t mind,” I say, and open a portal over me just before I’m supposed to hit the ground. I land in a clearing, not the grassy kind, but a city version that happens when someone pulls a pin on a hand-grenade. There’s a whoosh and Lauren lands next to me. She’s holding a crate full of you-know-what. My eyebrows shoot up and I take it. “Who are we up against?”

“Multiverse control,” Lauren sighs, narrowing her eyes and tapping her foot in irritation. My reaction is about the same, but I gently lift open the crate, pull the pin on one of the grenades, and lob it as far as I can in the direction of the turmoil.. A bang, more screams and cursing soon follow. Assuming I’ve hit a good spot, I look up to Lauren, who is still hovering in the air. “Meet you there,” I say, and blip over. Lauren joins me in a little. “They’re apparently flushing the mutated out of this town,” she explains.

“Or killing them,” I mutter dryly. Suddenly Miles flies over the peak. “Arx! Arx!” he calls. “We have kids from a wormhole on Main Street!”

Lauren’s eyes go as wide as plates. “You aren’t the only one being hunted.”

I raise my hands in frustration. “We might as well help them! Meet you there.”



© 2018 Locke Redwyne (night sys)


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

"It’s been awhile since my confrontation with Jomo. After that, he just avoided me."
add "He's kind of a coward, if I do say so myself. Only in it for money. He always seems to be short of it."
probably the only quick edit for now. otherwise i would be editing the crap out of this chapter

Posted 5 Years Ago


Locke Redwyne (night sys)

5 Years Ago

we all will, out of the whole book...
Second and third sentence, change to: After that, besides an encounter on Neptune 27, he avoided me.
Yeah! The wormhole kids are our characters!
.
.
.
"The wormhole kids..." XD

Posted 6 Years Ago


0 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Locke Redwyne (night sys)

6 Years Ago

This isn't your character, I'm going to let Mad suggest edits, since the character is hers
Jay_Bluefire

6 Years Ago

Right... ten characters

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

78 Views
2 Reviews
Added on April 17, 2018
Last Updated on April 18, 2018

Black Hole Project 13 Saga: Book One- Beginnings


Author

Locke Redwyne (night sys)
Locke Redwyne (night sys)

WA



About
Wow, we haven't used this account in literal years! DID system of 19, idk if we'll be posting here but. I'm so glad to find this archive of our old writing. more..

Writing