Chapter Thirty-Three: Arx

Chapter Thirty-Three: Arx

A Chapter by Locke Redwyne (night sys)
"

Neptune 7

"

“I didn’t expect you to say that when we figured out what we’re up against.” Mad is staring at me with her now hazel eyes. We are still holding hands, and both gawking, dumbfounded, at our predicament. Leo had found the group. Multiverse control is everywhere, and Leo is right at the center, glowing with power. “Flacon mute in the lowest,” Mad mutters.

“Say what?”

“My excuse for swearing this young.”

“You are surrounded,” Leo calls to the group. “Give up. Drop your weapons and surrender your lives.” Roki stands next to him, smirking. As for the group… Stella is shaking in her boots, Marc looks unsure, and Kallie is staring with determination at Leo. The rest are hidden from view by trees and MCs. Leo hasn’t seen Mad and I yet.

And then Mad bursts out laughing. I don’t know why. She laughs so hard that she lets go of my hand and starts rolling around in the grass. All eyes turn to us, including Multiverse Control and Leo. My stomach hits the ground and I freeze, but Mad keeps on laughing. Leo blinks, confused.

“Wait, there are two of you?” Leo asks. “Nevermind. GET THEM!”

“You can’t rule this petalouda with your fly unzipped!” Mad hoots, pointing and laughing some more. Leo glares, turning red, then blips out, leaving a time-signature in his wake. We just stand there for about five minutes, everyone looking confused. Then Leo blips behind Mad, fly now zipped, and uses some sort of Mutation to trap her in a power-proof cage.

“Thank you, Arx,” Leo says to me, trapping me as well. “Your power has been most useful.”

Mad shrugs. “You’re welcome.” She rams the side of the cage, tipping it on its side and almost hitting Leo. I take this moment of distraction and attempt to make a simple portal, but Leo blasts the cage, knocking it on it’s side and causing me to lose my concentration. Mad somehow breaks free and lashes out, kicking at Leo as hard as she can. Leo cries out in pain and surprise, then blips out again.

“Direct hit!” Mad crows with delight. My cage disappears and I tumble to the ground. The MCs recover from their confusion, and are probably angry that Mad kicked their boss in the groin. They charge. Mad grabs something and scrambles up a tree. The group stands in a circle, the kid called Marc blowing flames out of his hands, and Shock electrocuting people. I pull out my energy sword and charge into battle. “Mad, remember, DON’T GET KILLED.” Mad nods, smiling, and stays in the trees, but she’s still fighting, just in her own way.

“C’mon, you call that fighting? You’re slower than a kestrel 100 grams overweight!” She calls from one of the trees at a MC. The furious MC makes the mistake of going right under the tree. “You wanna meet my little friend?” her voice calls from the tree. A huge rock falls. “Well, his name’s Rocky.” The MC, caught off guard, looks up at the rock just as it hits him in the face. The gun in his hand fires and the shrapnel hits one if his own men. Mad whoops. “He doesn’t like you!” She jumps to another tree, holding something new in her hands. As she moves away, she mutters something that sounds like Thanks, guys.

Leo reappears, now obviously angry. He raises his hands and issues a command to the MCs who retreat into the woods as fast as they can. Then the ground begins to shake. A glow emits from Leo’s hands, becoming brighter by the second. Mad jumps out of her tree and holds onto the trunk in a wide hug, and I dart over to another tree and do the same. The glow brightens more, and the last thing I see before I shut my eyes against it is the group, cowering in the clearing, and Kallie’s determined face as she stands among them.

Then the glow brightens so that all I can see is white.



© 2018 Locke Redwyne (night sys)


Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

“Direct hit!”
“C’mon, you call that fighting? You’re slower than a kestrel 100 grams overweight!”
“You wanna meet my little friend?” her voice calls from the tree. A huge rock falls. “Well, his name’s Rocky.” The MC, caught off guard, looks up at the rock just as it hits him in the face. The gun in his hand fires and the shrapnel hits one if his own men. Mad whoops. “He doesn’t like you!”

mad in this book is the best



Posted 5 Years Ago


Locke Redwyne (night sys)

5 Years Ago

yeah she is XD

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

89 Views
1 Review
Added on April 18, 2018
Last Updated on April 18, 2018

Black Hole Project 13 Saga: Book One- Beginnings


Author

Locke Redwyne (night sys)
Locke Redwyne (night sys)

WA



About
Wow, we haven't used this account in literal years! DID system of 19, idk if we'll be posting here but. I'm so glad to find this archive of our old writing. more..

Writing