Chapter Fourteen: Leo

Chapter Fourteen: Leo

A Chapter by Locke Redwyne (night sys)
"

Pluto 4 May 21st

"

What is going on? The whole group of them, gone. My Mutation Indicator says that they’ve opened a black hole to another dimension, but I still have a hard time processing that they’ve gone so far with their powers. They must’ve combined powers, odd.

“Sir, are you alright?” One of the MCs asks. I realize that I’ve been staring at the spot where they all disappeared for five minutes now.

“Yes, I’m fine,” I reply, brushing them off. “Let’s go, we have work to do.” I turn to leave, then pause. “Someone is here who shouldn’t be,” I realize aloud. Immediately, the MCs form a protective circle around Roki and I. I glance up at the rooftops until I see a cleverly disguised sniper sitting on the roof. Grinning evilly, I point a finger at the sniper, gathering one of my many Mutations. A laser jumps from the tip of my finger to the nozzle of the gun, blasting it to pieces. I hear surprised cursing and scrambling as the sniper hurries away.

“Come on, come on, we don’t have all day,” I say to the MCs, irritated. “We have to get back to base, pronto.” One of the MCs nods, and the rest zip off toward the spaceport. I take Roki’s hand and, using my space-time Mutation and her help, I teleport us back to base on Mars 4. Roki sways for a moment after landing, and I have to lean on a wall for support. Traveling like that takes a lot out of me, what with all my other Mutations to keep in check. After we regain our balance, Roki and I hurry off toward the Multiverse Control Control Room, or the MCCR. At the MCCR, there are hundreds of people working day and night to make sure that nothing gets through Multiverse Control. One of them messed up their job, and the reinforcements didn’t come in time.

“Roki, please find the Controller who didn’t call the reinforcements in time,” I say while walking.

“Um… didn’t we call the reinforcements?” she asks, confused. I huff in frustration.

“Yes, but someone here had to relay the call,” I reason. I need to punish someone, and it can’t be myself or Roki.

“I see,” Roki replies, but I know that she just sees my frustration. When I’m frustrated, like now, I sometimes explode. Not literally, that’s not scientifically possible (since I’m still here), but metaphorically. Roki goes off into the sea of people and I go to my office floor and sigh, sitting down at my large desk and look out of the large glass windows that make up the exterior walls of the building. Roki walks through the elevator a minute later.

“The prisoner is in the dungeons,” Roki tells me, coming up behind me to give me a back massage. “So you can proceed however you wish.”

“M-hm. That feels good, keep going,” I can feel Roki smile and I look out at the red landscape as she helps ease the tension from my shoulders. This goes on for a few minutes, but is interrupted by a guard entering to inform us that the machines were prepped. Smiling, I bid Roki farewell and slip downstairs into the torture room. My prisoner awaits.

“Sir,” a guard says on the way down.

“What?” I ask irritably. I don’t like to be interrupted.

“There are actually two prisoners, we captured someone on Neptune 43.”

“I know the Controller, so who’s the other?” I’m walking faster, the guard is almost jogging to keep up.

“She said…” He pauses, unsure. Biting his lip, he ducks his head a moment.

“Spit it out!” I shout, pressing buttons on a command strip to prepare my journey to Neptune 43.

“She said her name is Arx.”



© 2018 Locke Redwyne (night sys)


Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I feel like this would be cool as a comic
After we edit it that is

Posted 5 Years Ago


Locke Redwyne (night sys)

5 Years Ago

well yeah that would be great
we can do that after descendants? XD
Peregrinator7

5 Years Ago

well yeah... XD

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

69 Views
1 Review
Added on April 17, 2018
Last Updated on April 17, 2018

Black Hole Project 13 Saga: Book One- Beginnings


Author

Locke Redwyne (night sys)
Locke Redwyne (night sys)

WA



About
Wow, we haven't used this account in literal years! DID system of 19, idk if we'll be posting here but. I'm so glad to find this archive of our old writing. more..

Writing