Chapter Thirty-Seven: Leo

Chapter Thirty-Seven: Leo

A Chapter by Locke Redwyne (night sys)
"

Mars 4 May 24th

"

They are winning the fight. Somehow, they are beating my MCs, how are they doing it? They are only children! My final MC falls, and I try something that I have never tried before, a power that I got… I don’t even remember where, and unleash it. Raw power flows out of me, unstoppable, infinite. I hear screams. Good, I think. Let them scream. I don’t want to stop.

But I do stop, because Roki’s screams echo in my ears, I’m hurting her, I’m hurting one of the only people I care about in the whole world, and then I’m on the ground on my back, how did I get there? Lucki is standing over me, gun pointed at my head.

“Kill me,” I spit. I have nothing left to live for, I think, but I say “My powers will unleash a massive explosion.” Nothing left…

“You’re lying,” the boy claims. “You always lie.”

“Fine, kill me,” I’m as good as dead. “What have I got to live for anyway?” There. I said it aloud.

“You took her from me…” I say softly. I don’t really register what he says next. Something about it being my fault, and he will be happy to kill me. I am ready to die. I know about the Death Dimension, maybe I will find Roki there. The gun fires, but I don’t die. I see Lucki, but the gun is now pointed at the sky, and Kallie, my beautiful Kallie, has shoved the barrel of the gun into the sky. There’s another shot, and the skybound bullet explodes. I am alive.

“C’mon, dad,” Kallie whispers in my ear. “We’re going home.” She helps me to my feet and grips my hand tight, like she thinks I’ll leave without her. My beautiful daughter… why did I ever push your power back? I don’t want this power anymore. I don’t want it… then I remember. One of the powers I gained was the power to give. Slowly, so she won’t notice, I feed a third of my powers into my daughter. Then she concentrates, and I concentrate with her, and we blip home.



© 2018 Locke Redwyne (night sys)


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

73 Views
Added on April 18, 2018
Last Updated on April 18, 2018

Black Hole Project 13 Saga: Book One- Beginnings


Author

Locke Redwyne (night sys)
Locke Redwyne (night sys)

WA



About
Wow, we haven't used this account in literal years! DID system of 19, idk if we'll be posting here but. I'm so glad to find this archive of our old writing. more..

Writing