Chapter Nineteen: Arx

Chapter Nineteen: Arx

A Chapter by Locke Redwyne (night sys)
"

Neptune 43 May 21st

"

As the guards drag me to who-knows-where, I reflect on my stupidity. I should have known the power-draining device will have a defense mechanism. In fact, in my own time, most of the mechanics were installing them into other machines.

I feel a pang of sorrow. After I got stuck here, everything’s been out of order. First Leo came to power, then he started eliminating all the mutants, and then he found out about me and decided he should hunt me down. Then I made it completely oblivious of my secret power and he got some of it.

I don’t feel drained, but a little dizzy. I think my power reading was somewhere around 9 or 10, since I used it, and it only got bumped down a little. Maybe to 8 or 9?

An idea blips into my head. I elbow the guards and break free. They start to chase after me, yelling into their radios. I sprint down a dead ended hall, and then open a time loop in front of me. I only need to go back a few minutes.

When the guards reach the end of the hall, they only encounter a wall.

--

3 minutes earlier, I watch my 3-minutes-younger self dart into the torture room. Before the door closes, I slip inside. My younger self is about to unsheathe her energy sword.

“Don’t do it!” I shout. “They have a defense mechanism.” Just to make her happy, I point to another device. “Destroy that one. It doesn’t look to have any mechanics.” She smirks and begins to slice it to pieces. I jump forward just as the guards burst in.

I end up at the end of the hallway again. The guards are completely baffled when I appear. “You are in big trouble,” one says, and they begin to drag me again, to who-knows-where.



© 2018 Locke Redwyne (night sys)


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Why
What was the point of this
I don't even remember

Posted 5 Years Ago


Locke Redwyne (night sys)

5 Years Ago

well...
when you're filling out a form to do a book report (like we had to do in ms) and you .. read more
Peregrinator7

5 Years Ago

the chapter titles don't take up a whole page though!
Locke Redwyne (night sys)

5 Years Ago

our chapter titles only take up half a page
like normal books...

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

80 Views
1 Review
Added on April 17, 2018
Last Updated on April 17, 2018

Black Hole Project 13 Saga: Book One- Beginnings


Author

Locke Redwyne (night sys)
Locke Redwyne (night sys)

WA



About
Wow, we haven't used this account in literal years! DID system of 19, idk if we'll be posting here but. I'm so glad to find this archive of our old writing. more..

Writing