Chapter Twenty-Nine: Leo

Chapter Twenty-Nine: Leo

A Chapter by Locke Redwyne (night sys)
"

Mars 4 May 24th

"

“What do you mean, she isn’t in this time?” I demand, glowering at the guard.

“We’ve tracked a power signature in her cell, and it leads to… Earth, 2017,” the guard explains. “She time traveled.”

“Impossible! I took her power!” I start pacing back and forth, anger and frustration growing.

“She must’ve had some left…” the guard trailed off, slowly backing away. “Sir? Are you alright?” I’m boiling with anger, I know I’m glowing with power too, but I don’t stop it. I let the power overtake me, and there’s a huge blast of light. When I’ve blinked the spots out of my eyes, I see a pile of ashes where the guard had been only seconds before. I smirk. Somehow, this brings me a sense of… I don’t know how to describe it, but it feels good. I think… Power. Yes, I feel powerful. Arx can wait, I must discover this new power, this power that came from the ones I collected, this power that seems like a hundred different Mutations fused together... This… this is real power, real control.

“Leo? Is everything ok?” Roki peeks around the door, her gaze landing on the guard-shaped pile of ashes.

“Sort of,” I am pulsing with power, I can hardly contain it. “My powers have fused,” I tell her. “Arx is missing.” Good news, then bad news. The power I now have can destroy Arx, and all of her friends. I just have to wait for them to be in the same place. I was told that power corrupts, but it doesn’t. It does so much more. My power has taken any feelings of guilt, of hesitation, of grief. I have nothing to hold me back now. Nothing can stop me.

“Wow!! What does this one do, exactly?” I point to the pile of ashes as an answer.

“That was a guard, and that’s only a fraction of the power I hold,” I brag.

“Let’s go catch them,” she says, smiling. I take her hand, gather my limitless power, and make the jump.



© 2018 Locke Redwyne (night sys)


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

59 Views
Added on April 18, 2018
Last Updated on April 18, 2018

Black Hole Project 13 Saga: Book One- Beginnings


Author

Locke Redwyne (night sys)
Locke Redwyne (night sys)

WA



About
Wow, we haven't used this account in literal years! DID system of 19, idk if we'll be posting here but. I'm so glad to find this archive of our old writing. more..

Writing