Chapter Seventeen: Leo

Chapter Seventeen: Leo

A Chapter by Locke Redwyne (night sys)
"

Neptune 43, May 21st

"

This is not possible. The girl, Arx, was in that cell for three days, yet only five minutes ago she was in the interrogation room for an hour before I got there! Impossible! And yet… My eyes have never deceived me before. When she blipped out, I thought teleportation, but now… Time travel. That’s the only possibility. I realize that I’ve strayed far from my original path, I’ve taken a loop down to the old interrogation rooms. I hear something smashing and exploding in one of the rooms. What the heck? Throwing open the door, I see… Arx. Holding a sword. And a ruined Mutation-sucking machine next to her. I must’ve left the cell door unlocked by accident… She looks up, surprised to see me. She smiles mischievously. “May I help you?”

“What are you doing?!?” I roar with anger. “What do you want from me?!?” She shrugged.

“I was just destroying… some Galactic Control property…” she trails off, obviously thinking about something.

“Multiverse Control,” I correct automatically.

“You don’t know the history of your own society?”

“Of course I do, but we’ve expanded into the Multiverse Control. We don’t use the name Galactic Control anymore,” I say impatiently. Doesn’t she know anything? “Also, that particular piece of equipment releases all of it’s power-sucking power as soon as it’s cut, chopped, or sliced in any way.” I grin evilly as realization dawns on Arx’s face. “Consider yourself… caught.” I press a button on my tablet, calling MC’s into the room. Arx scowls at me as she’s dragged away, but her powers, or at least most of them, aren’t working.

I walk over to the demolished machine. Good, the Mutation Containment Chamber is intact. A wisp of time-traveling power is stuck inside, only a fraction of Arx’s power, but it’s enough for me. I plug into the machine, and feel the new power humming inside me. When the transfer is finished, I step out of the room, walking quickly down the hall. I slip into a closet, and go back one minute. Just a minute, but it drains me. I peek out, seeing the guards drag Arx away, then I hide in the depths of the closet when my one minute past self slips in and blips out. Then I step out of the closet.

I must find Roki and tell her of this newest achievement.



© 2018 Locke Redwyne (night sys)


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

57 Views
Added on April 17, 2018
Last Updated on April 17, 2018

Black Hole Project 13 Saga: Book One- Beginnings


Author

Locke Redwyne (night sys)
Locke Redwyne (night sys)

WA



About
Wow, we haven't used this account in literal years! DID system of 19, idk if we'll be posting here but. I'm so glad to find this archive of our old writing. more..

Writing



Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5