Chapter Seven: Leo

Chapter Seven: Leo

A Chapter by Locke Redwyne (night sys)
"

Kyle Leonidas Norwood Mars 4 May 19th

"

There’s a knock on my office door. “Come in,” I sigh. The door opens, and my assistant steps inside.

“Everything is in order, and the trap has been planted,” she reports.

“What took you so long?” I complain, though I’m happy that the trap is set.

“Traffic,” she grumbles. “The driver wanted to follow the rules of the road.”

“I will speak with him. For now, I have some work to do. Catch up later?” She smiles and nods, then leaves. I rifle through the papers on my desk to find the driver that she spoke of. Ah, here he is. Standing, I read the driver’s report sheet as I walk along the hall to his quarters. Interesting… the report says he has recently been read to have a Mutation reading of 3/10. Not too strong, but it could get troublesome. Reaching his quarters, I knock impatiently on the door. The door opens, and the driver straightens up, going to attention as he realizes who it is. Allowing myself a small smile, I let myself into his room.

“Remind me of your name,” I advise, though he can see the file paper in my hand. Most people use the net instead, but I prefer everything tangible. Easier to destroy things that way.

“Joe Sparks, sir.”

“Well, Joe, I have decided to… relocate you.”

“Sir, is this about my last assignment?” He asks.

“Maybe,” I say mysteriously. He gulps. “Follow me,” I order as I walk out of the room. Joe follows me down the hall, eyes darting side to side nervously. I lead him down a long flight of stairs, down to the torture chambers. I decide to break the silence.

“Your report says that you have shown signs of powers,” I state.

“I can’t help my powers, sir,” he protests, “I didn’t ask to be born with them.”

“True. Alas…” I stop in front of one of the machines, a power-draining chair, and motion for Joe to sit down. He does, and the wrist and ankle shackles snap into place. “Alas, I cannot have a potential challenger in my ranks.” I press a button, and the machine hums to life. Joe clenches his teeth as the Mutation is slowly drained out of him.

“You understand, don’t you?” He doesn’t get a chance to answer, as I turn the machine to MAX. Joe screams, a long, drawn out scream that causes the guards next to me to shudder slightly. I plunge a dagger into his heart and watch, silent, as Joe slumps forward, the screams ceasing. I switch off the machine, tucking the small container that holds what used to be Joe's power under my arm. Now, it's mine.

“Take care of the body,” I order the guards as I leave the room.



© 2018 Locke Redwyne (night sys)


Author's Note

Locke Redwyne (night sys)
Trust me, he's only a little bit worse than Darknight in personality, and slightly better in methods and body trail.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Definitely more power-hungry...

Posted 5 Years Ago


Locke Redwyne (night sys)

5 Years Ago

thanks? i can't tell if that was sarcastic or not...
Peregrinator7

5 Years Ago

it wasn't =b
Locke Redwyne (night sys)

5 Years Ago

oh
ok
then i'm not sure how to take that...

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

78 Views
1 Review
Added on April 17, 2018
Last Updated on April 18, 2018

Black Hole Project 13 Saga: Book One- Beginnings


Author

Locke Redwyne (night sys)
Locke Redwyne (night sys)

WA



About
Wow, we haven't used this account in literal years! DID system of 19, idk if we'll be posting here but. I'm so glad to find this archive of our old writing. more..

Writing