Chapter Sixteen: Arx

Chapter Sixteen: Arx

A Chapter by Locke Redwyne (night sys)
"

Neptune 43 May 18th

"

I almost laughed at the expression on Leo’s face when I pointed out what his stupid device hadn’t read. I was even utilizing the power that I seemed so sensitive about. After all, if Leo wanted to harness it, things will go bad real fast.

I have the power of time travel.

I don’t know where I got it, but it is really powerful. Last time I checked, the reading was 8/10.

Anyways, I had decided to go back three days so I could get Jomo’s help. Although I almost hate him, he will know what to do. I made the jump just as Leo started to sputter and go red. Time travel takes a few seconds, so I just marveled how I can be completely stretched out and still not die. Perhaps my powers.

My destination was a little closer than I intended. I fell into a frozen tree above a building. The tree, not preferring my weight, ruptured and I ended falling through the roof of a bar. Jomo was sitting at the counter paying the bartender when I crashed through and landed on an empty table. He nearly hit the ceiling a made a hole himself.

“You guys might want to fix your roof,” I commented, and hopped up, brushing splinters off my pants. Jomo immediately rushed over and herded me to a storage closet.

“What are you doing?!” Jomo hissed. “They’re everywhere! And you just drew their attention!”

I stroked my chin. “I need your help.” My voice went from normal to demanding. “Meet me on Pluto 4, May 21.”

He was taken aback. “When?!

Suddenly there was a harsh knock on the closet door. “This is Multiverse Control,” a deep voice said. “Please come out with your hands in the air.”

“Well, I guess this is for me,” I said, and kicked open the door, catching the MC’s off guard. “I’ll do as you say, but you can’t kill me. I think Leo needs to talk to me.” The guards automatically straightened, but handcuffed me and led me out to a dark-colored vehicle. Jomo watched from the door, obviously shocked. I gave him a little wave as we pulled out.

The guards threw me in a cell and I sat there for three days and twiddled my thumbs. At one point, I seriously considered jumping to the future just to see what will happen, but the walls are power-proof, after all. Then Leo came. He burst into my cell, then leaped back.

“It is true then,” he breaths, checking his device. “You were there, and now… you’re here. You have been for three days how in the world IS THIS POSSIBLE???” He’s obviously freaking out. I hear him mutter “I need this power,” before leaving the cell. He’s so flustered, he forgets to lock it.

I nearly laugh out loud, and listen to his footsteps fade away through the hall. If I can only get my weapons back....

I check the halls, and then dart to a corner and teleport to a storage room. My weapons, a energy sword and a gun, are sitting conspicuously on a dusty table. I brush off the dust and store the gun, after all, I might need my sword soon.

After checking the hall again, I dart over to a flight of stairs and descend to the floor I intended. The torture floor. I avoided some guards and slipped into the main room. My heart took a small leap when I saw the power-draining device. I unsheathed my energy sword. “Let’s destroy some Galactic Control property,” I said.



© 2018 Locke Redwyne (night sys)


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Why is Arx so stupid?
We should do a fight scene next time

Posted 5 Years Ago


Locke Redwyne (night sys)

5 Years Ago

hey, as soon as we finish descendants, and finish the side stories for metaverse, we should rewrite .. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

72 Views
1 Review
Added on April 17, 2018
Last Updated on April 17, 2018

Black Hole Project 13 Saga: Book One- Beginnings


Author

Locke Redwyne (night sys)
Locke Redwyne (night sys)

WA



About
Wow, we haven't used this account in literal years! DID system of 19, idk if we'll be posting here but. I'm so glad to find this archive of our old writing. more..

Writing