Chapter Fifteen: Rose

Chapter Fifteen: Rose

A Chapter by Locke Redwyne (night sys)
"

Pluto 4 May 21st

"

I steady the sniper rifle, training the scope at the man called Kyle Leonidas Norwood. Since I’m supposed to kill him, so why not take care of him first? The rest of the group is right there too, so I can get them all at once. Except Jomo Falx, I’ll still have to search for them. Suddenly, the whole groups disappears through a portal. WHAT?? I thought I was the only Mutation! I guess the whole group is, since Leo is practically buzzing with power.

Then he turns and sees me. Not me, I don’t think, but the gun barrel. I freeze, the scope trained on his head. Shoot. Shoot, Rose, come on. SHOOT! Then he points his finger at the gun, and the barrel explodes. I scramble back to avoid the shrapnel, falling into the house. Peeking through a hole in the wall, I see him check a device. He frowns, looking in my direction. I duck down, but maybe the device can sense powers, because he says something to a MC and he comes over to poke around. I slip away while they aren’t looking, waiting until I’m in the alleyway before I blip out.

The feeling like being stretched to spaghetti is awful, but I’m used to it by now. I appear on Neptune 43, because the residue from the previous jump says that’s where the majority of the group went. I blip into another alleyway, though it’s much cleaner and an alley between two trees. In a clearing, the group is talking. A dark-skinned boy, the one called Marc, is crying about something, and the dragon-girl with bunny ears, ironically called Bunni, is comforting him. I roll my eyes. Seriously, what is he crying about? Then I catch bits of conversation.

“Shouldn’t have brought her--”

“Not your fault--”

“Shredded by the black hole--”

“Did you hear that?”

I curse. I must’ve gasped to loudly or something, because now the girl called Stella is coming over to investigate. I scramble back, careful not to rustle any leaves or twigs. Hidden in the shadows, I’m confident that she can’t see me. Stella looks around a little, shrugs, and walks off. I sigh with relief, then leap up into a tree for the night. This tired group isn’t going anywhere tonight.



© 2018 Locke Redwyne (night sys)


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

60 Views
Added on April 17, 2018
Last Updated on April 17, 2018

Black Hole Project 13 Saga: Book One- Beginnings


Author

Locke Redwyne (night sys)
Locke Redwyne (night sys)

WA



About
Wow, we haven't used this account in literal years! DID system of 19, idk if we'll be posting here but. I'm so glad to find this archive of our old writing. more..

Writing