Chapter Twenty-Four: Lucki

Chapter Twenty-Four: Lucki

A Chapter by Locke Redwyne (night sys)
"

Unknown Location

"

I wake up before everyone else. Given that we have no food, and are on an abandoned plain, it doesn't look like there's going to be any breakfast, otherwise I would've started it. I watched everyone sleep. Someone snores, but mostly everyone sleeps peacefully. Kallie moves from side to side, as if she's having a bad dream. Bunni sleeps peacefully, and she smiles. I smile, why though, I don't know. Her eyelashes flutter, and I quickly turn away so that she doesn't catch me watching her.

“Good morning,” I say to her. She flutters her eyelashes again and looks around in surprise, trying to figure out what the heck she is.

“What time is it?” she asks.

“Early,” I respond. I look around wistfully, wishing that there was food. Suddenly, there's a warm feeling in my stomach and there is exactly the meal I was hoping for around us. Bacon and eggs, pancakes and syrup. A plate and glass of cold milk for everybody.

“Where the heck are we?” Bunni asks. I look out at the barren planet. It’s mostly red, but not like the surface of Mars.

“From the looks of it, I’d say that we’re on Mercury,” I tell her She swears.

“Mercury!! Why Mercury?? How the heck are we supposed to get back??” she yells. Once she’s finished with her tirade, I say:

“We can always do the thing we did on ... wherever it was we just were.”

“But I don’t know how I did what I did there!!” Bunni yells, on the verge of tears. She bursts out crying, and I awkwardly wrap an arm around her and she sobs into my shoulder. I feel a strange warm and fuzzy feel, and it feels good. The others seem to have heard her outburst and start waking up, each rubbing their eyes in confusion at the strange place, then zeroing in on the food. Strangely, every time someone ate something, new stuff appeared to replace it.

Then, out of nowhere, they come.



© 2018 Locke Redwyne (night sys)


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

75 Views
Added on April 17, 2018
Last Updated on April 17, 2018

Black Hole Project 13 Saga: Book One- Beginnings


Author

Locke Redwyne (night sys)
Locke Redwyne (night sys)

WA



About
Wow, we haven't used this account in literal years! DID system of 19, idk if we'll be posting here but. I'm so glad to find this archive of our old writing. more..

Writing