Episode 12. Robert draws the line.

Episode 12. Robert draws the line.

A Chapter by Franky
"

Robert takes decisive action when spurned by Kathy.

"

Robert and Kathy climb into Robert's Ranger a moment later. Robert drives and again explains at her request the reason why she is getting cash back.  


"Well, whatever the reason dude.  I could use the cash."   Kathy does her best eye roll.  


Robert responds, "Just find that bigger guy named Mark.  He sold you the bike and he's the one I ran into when I was there today looking for a new lock."


Kathy doesn't respond right away, but a moment later says casually, "That store is kinda messed up.  I think they overcharged me in the first place."  


Robert takes exception to that.  "Rob's Sporting Goods has been in business for over fifty years�""


"Yeah.  And they could use a remodel too. That store is old."


Robert says nothing.   


When they pull into a parking spot at the sporting goods store Kathy casually turns to Robert, "Well thanks guy. I can take this from here."


Robert is confused.  "You don't want a ride back home?"  


Kathy becomes annoyed.  "That's what I'm saying man!   I can get a ride back from someone in there I'm sure.  Most of those workers in there are guys and probably already know me anyway.   Besides,  I don't want you thinking this is a date or something.  I'm just not feeling it with you Robert. Just take off man!"


Kathy slams her door without another word.  Robert can only look down at his shoes seething with anger and embarrassment.    


How could I have put myself in this position?   What a b***h!  I feel stupid.


Robert starts driving away without a destination in mind, and unsure of what to do or where to go. But he's relieved she's not his problem anymore. 


As expected, Kathy gets her refund and asks a male employee for a ride back to her apartment.  When she gets home she decides she wants to resume her bike ride. But this time alone. She wants to go to the hilly area that overlooks the Minnehaha train tracks a few miles out of town. There are several scenic areas that Kathy wants to visit on her own.  She has heard that that area is known as a make-out place for college couples. It's known as Devil's Rock.


I want to check it out before bringing a guy along with me! 


Upon reaching the top of the hill at Devil's Rock while on her 12 speed Kathy needs to take a breather. She's happy she brought along a jug of water.  Kathy smiles to herself as she walks over to a cliff that oversees much of the Bloomington skyline. She takes a seat and enjoys the beautiful view for a while before she'll need to turn back.  It will be dark soon and it's getting chilly out.


Standing silently in the darkness behind her is Robert. He followed her from a distance. He's changed. His breathing has become audible. His manner is intent. His face is darker. His eyes focussed and cold. 


Robert silently approaches Kathy.  At the very last second she turns around and screams, "What the F…!"


Kathy falls twenty-five feet before her head smashed against the rock wall on the way down, and another eighty feet before her lifeless body finally lands in a grove of pine trees at the bottom. 


Robert stoically peers over the edge at Kathy's bloodied body.   


"No one will miss her."   Robert murmurs.  



© 2023 Franky


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

OMG!!!
Robert was such good, sensible kid! What happened to him?? This is such a shocking development, Frankie! Is it a nightmare? A bad dream? I mean, I had a hard time assimilating it.

In the end, the questions linger...what turns absolutely normal people into psychopathic killers? Where does the spring snap? Where is the switch??

I know she was intolerably rude and he always turned turned dark when dealing with difficult females and putting them in their place, yet I never expected this. Rejection turned him into a monster.
I wonder what will be his journey hereafter.

I'll be wondering away now....What a twist!

Posted 1 Year Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

DIVYA

1 Year Ago

Yes, indeed, now in retrospect when I see it, I realize he had a lot of problems to deal with. He wa.. read more
Franky

1 Year Ago

Robert ends up doing other things in time that are worse.
DIVYA

1 Year Ago

Looking forward to all of it. Do share.


Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

Reviews

Can't say as I didn't see this coming. I've known my share of mentally ill folks, too. Heck, I'm a social worker. I know my stuff...

Engrossing story!

Posted 9 Months Ago


OMG!!!
Robert was such good, sensible kid! What happened to him?? This is such a shocking development, Frankie! Is it a nightmare? A bad dream? I mean, I had a hard time assimilating it.

In the end, the questions linger...what turns absolutely normal people into psychopathic killers? Where does the spring snap? Where is the switch??

I know she was intolerably rude and he always turned turned dark when dealing with difficult females and putting them in their place, yet I never expected this. Rejection turned him into a monster.
I wonder what will be his journey hereafter.

I'll be wondering away now....What a twist!

Posted 1 Year Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

DIVYA

1 Year Ago

Yes, indeed, now in retrospect when I see it, I realize he had a lot of problems to deal with. He wa.. read more
Franky

1 Year Ago

Robert ends up doing other things in time that are worse.
DIVYA

1 Year Ago

Looking forward to all of it. Do share.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

95 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 14, 2023
Last Updated on April 14, 2023


Author

Franky
Franky

OH



About
I need a space to share my writings so i can grow as a writer. I mostly write short stories, but I'm working on a book about a serious family saga. Things seem calmer these days at the cafe. I'.. more..

Writing