Episode 15  Vern strikes back

Episode 15 Vern strikes back

A Chapter by Franky
"

New employee Robert runs into further trouble with Lizzettes boyfriend.

"
On Monday morning of the next week, Robert is surprised to be called into Landons office right away. Landon is the IT manager who interviewed and hired Robert just a few weeks prior.

"So Robert. What's up with you and Lizzette?" Landon asks matter-of-factly.

Robert goes a little numb, then manages to ask his boss what he's referring to.

"Do you and Lizzette have something going on? I mean, if you do, then I couldn't care any less. But I talked to her boyfriend a bit ago and he's pissed!"

"Oh great. Well first off, Lizzette is older than my mom. I prefer women in their twenties. And second, Vern came to my apartment threatening me."

"Robert, did you threaten to kill him and hide the body?"

Robert doesn't answer.

"Well Robert, I was thinking of firing you after I talked to that jerk. But I talked to Lizzette first and she filled me in on a few things. So as long as I don't hear about any more death threats I'm gonna let this one slide. But Robert…." Landon pauses for a moment and takes a few breaths. "You definitely don't seem the homicidal type. Am I right?" Landon manages a chuckle.

Robert carefully answers him. "Everything will be fine Landon. Next time I'll choose my words differently. Ok?"

"Thanks man. "

Robert feels relief and some nausea when walking out Landons door.

Robert is distracted the rest of the work day. He's also frustrated when Lizzette seems to go out of her way to avoid saying hello to him when he sees her. Robert feels like he needs to really bear down and increase his efficiency at work so that he isn't in danger of losing this job. He knows this job is a good one right out of college and he wants to keep growing here at Lexington.

Robert ends up staying late today. He decides that he needs to start off the new week by finishing some projects that are underway.

When leaving work Robert is stunned to see what's happened to his truck since last break time. Someone has smashed out every window on the truck, and his tail and headlights are also smashed. Worse yet, someone has spray painted a smiley face on his driver's door.

Oh my God! Vern did this. He won't let this go. But if I do anything to this loser everyone will know it was me. So I'm stuck.

Robert knows the only thing he can do right now is call the police and have a report filed, and then call his insurance agent about what appears to be a total loss.

Robert has to call a cab to get home. Upon entering his apartment and making dinner and finally relaxing, Robert is surprised to hear a knock on his door.

Lizzette stands quietly in Robert's doorway. She's a bit wet from the rain that's fallen in the early evening. Robert notices she looks different from her normal work attire. She's wearing a low cut blouse and she walks in his apartment without a word spoken from either. Robert can't help but see Lizzette as an attractive, vulnerable woman, not as the energetic, professional she portrays at work.

"I heard what happened to your truck. I'm so sorry Robert. I'm pretty sure this is all my fault. "





© 2023 Franky


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Noooooo.....I want to scream out at Robert to not go anywhere near this woman. She spells trouble and is totally out of his league. He SHOULD stick to girls in twenties and I hope he does!

Having said that, it was quite infuriating to read what Vern did. He's way insecure and spiteful and needs to be taught a lesson but for now Robert's helpless.

Reading this Chapter, I had this feeling: Trouble senses trouble and trouble makers. Robert wants to go on, living and working quietly but now trouble is finding ways to get at him. Its chasing him. Seeking him out. Or maybe its Karma? Can't wait to see what he does next.

Just go on Frankie. This is turning into such an awesome and gripping story.

Posted 1 Year Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Franky

1 Year Ago

Thank you.my dear friend. You.encourage so well! I love your advice. I wasn't sure if Robert an.. read more
DIVYA

1 Year Ago

Lol. It was just a gut reaction, Frankie. I was just so taken up! But you are the Author. :)



Reviews

Robert is being set up???

Posted 9 Months Ago


Noooooo.....I want to scream out at Robert to not go anywhere near this woman. She spells trouble and is totally out of his league. He SHOULD stick to girls in twenties and I hope he does!

Having said that, it was quite infuriating to read what Vern did. He's way insecure and spiteful and needs to be taught a lesson but for now Robert's helpless.

Reading this Chapter, I had this feeling: Trouble senses trouble and trouble makers. Robert wants to go on, living and working quietly but now trouble is finding ways to get at him. Its chasing him. Seeking him out. Or maybe its Karma? Can't wait to see what he does next.

Just go on Frankie. This is turning into such an awesome and gripping story.

Posted 1 Year Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Franky

1 Year Ago

Thank you.my dear friend. You.encourage so well! I love your advice. I wasn't sure if Robert an.. read more
DIVYA

1 Year Ago

Lol. It was just a gut reaction, Frankie. I was just so taken up! But you are the Author. :)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

63 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 25, 2023
Last Updated on April 26, 2023


Author

Franky
Franky

OH



About
I need a space to share my writings so i can grow as a writer. I mostly write short stories, but I'm working on a book about a serious family saga. Things seem calmer these days at the cafe. I'.. more..

Writing