Book 1 : Chapter 1 - Innosence

Book 1 : Chapter 1 - Innosence

A Chapter by Pakino

BOOK 1

CHAPTER 1

 

 

“Renn, lets hurry and catch the elders going,” shouted Baltasear.

“Wait for me!” Shouted Renn as he quickly climbed up the steppe slope of the hill.

Both boys rushed it excitement towards the road in a change to notice the caravan go by. As the boys reached the road by both fell on their backs on the soft grass and began to laugh.

Renn pushed aside his blue hair and said, “That’s not fair, next time you have to wait for me.”

“Ah don’t be such a cry baby,” Baltasear said as he sat upright, “Did you bring your flute with you as promised.”

Renn placed his hand in his pocket and retrieved a small wooden case and opened the latch to reveal an elegant flute. Picking it up Renn began to play a melody on the flute with such grace that for a moment the wind itself stopped to admire the beauty of the flute.

As Renn finished playing he placed the flute down and looked at Baltasear and said, “Do you think they heard us?”

“Lets hope so,” said Baltasear.

Within moments the sound of a carriage reached the ears of both boys as they stood up and noticed a caravan nearby. Jumping with excitement both boys ran towards the caravan greeting the men.

“Renn and Baltasear!” Shouted the man at the lead of the caravan, ”What mischief do you bring for us this time?”

“What treats have you brought us this time?” Baltasear inquired with a smile.

The man began to laugh and pulled out some bread and said, “Here is some bread of Valencia, it is a treat for the nobles. You boys can have it.”

Without a second thought Baltasear pulled the bread and ate his share while Renn ate his.

“Renn, your skill on the flute is getting better by the day,” the man said after the two boys ate their bread, “Come here and play us a song will you?”

Renn nodded and hopped onto the saddle with the man and began to play a lively beat. The song awoke the senses of the guards as they felt rejuvenated and began to pay to their post with diligence.

 The caravan entered the small town Clesita, Renn jumped off the saddle and waved to the man. Renn looked around for Baltasear but he was nowhere to be found. Placing the flute back into his pocket Renn decided to wonder the bazaar before night settled.

All around Renn looked in awe at the different stores and the loud clatter of merchants. As his curiousity got the best of him Renn peaked at one stall which had shelves of potions on display. The women of the stall looked at Renn and smiled, however her attention soon was disturbed as a customer came towards her.

Renn picked up one of the bottles and examined the contents carefully. Inside the bottle was a blue think liquid. Renn looked at the jar in disgust and put it aside.

“Why would people drink this stuff it looks terrible,” Renn said to himself.

“Little Master you seem displeased,” came the voice of the shopkeeper.

“Yes, Mistress this bottle looks funny.”

The women began to chuckle at Renn’s remark and said, “Why don’t you take it and try it later. It is free on the house.” The lady smiled and gave Renn a wink.

Renn gave an enthusiastic jump and grabbed the potion and began to thank the lady.

“Little Master, what is your name?”

“Renn and yours Mistress?”

“My name is Lady Aisa. Do you live here in this town?”

“Yes I do I live not far from this place.”

“Your parents are they Elven like yourself?”

“No they are human like everyone else, I was an orphan and was adopted. Lady Aisa are you an Elven also?”

The Lady Aisa began to smile at Renn’s childish attitude and nodded. Inside Lady Aisa was curious as to why Renn was an orphan. However, Lady Aisa decided not to ask such personal questions to Renn and played along with him.

 “I knew it! I may be 10 years old. But I am no fool.”

“Renn,” Lady Aisa continued, “It is sad that we just became friends, for I have to leave tomorrow to my home.”

“Awww, so soon!” Renn whined.

“Think of that bottle as a gift of our friendship,” no sooner had Lady Aisa said those words a little girl appeared from behind the stall and looked over at who her mother was talking to. Renn stared at her blue eyes and blonde hair and wondered who she was.

“Renn, this is my daughter Nell,” Lady Aisa said, “Nell why don’t you say hi to Renn.”

Nell quickly hid behind her mother’s clothes and slowly went back inside the shop.

Lady Aisa smiled at Nell’s shyness and said to Renn, “It looks like it is getting late Renn, why don’t we part ways for now.”

Renn nodded and said, “May the sprits protect you.”

“May the spirit protect you as well my child.”

Renn leap enthusiastically through the bazaar and took a right turn through an alley way and began to sprint forward home. As Renn reached his doorsteps he pushed the wooden door aside and stepped in. Looking around for any sign of life Renn decided to rush into the kitchen for a snack.

“So there you are,” Renn’s mother spoke as she entered the Kitchen, “Hungry? What have you and Baltasear been doing today?”

Renn began to describe the events of today and how he met the potion vendor and was given a bottle as a gift. Renn took out the flask and handed it to his mother. His mother looked at the contents and smiled.

“This here Renn is a potion for curing poison. This one here is for treating the most vicious poison.”

“It looks like mud to me.”

“Looks can be deceiving. I will put this on the shelf your father may need it when he goes hunting or on his escort missions. Speaking of caravans, your Father asked me to ask you if you wanted to travel on a caravan tomorrow.”

Renn smiled with astonishment and nodded his head shouting, “Please yes!”

“Good! We don’t have much time so we must gather your belongings for you.”

Renn rushed into his room excitedly beginning to gather his belongings from his cabinet. Renn’s mother waited a moment and went to the backyard and walked towards a man wearing a cloak and lather armor, “Do you really think it is a good time?”

“Yes, the Oracles have spoken and we must obey,” said the man.

“Yaroh, I have a bad feeling,” said the women.

“I know Teresa,” said Yaroh.

Both husband and wife stood in the backyard in silence afraid of the danger ahead of Renn. More importantly they were afraid of the words of the Oracles. Ten years ago the Oracles predicted the coming of a savior in their world, the world of Gry, and indicated Yaroh and Teresa to nurture the child. Taking the child as their own they named him Renn and feed and clothe them as their own.

However, Renn was different. His blue hair and blue eyes and perked ears resembled that of an Elven. However, Yaroh and Teresa didn’t let that bother them as they themselves loved Renn dearly and would hurt them to see anything happen to him which would taint his innocence.

 



© 2008 Pakino


Author's Note

Pakino
First REAL chapter lol. Enjoy.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Pj
First of all, sorry about taking so long to review this requested piece lol
Ok so overall this was a nice lil start. You are really mixing dialogue well...but try not to write "Said" so much. I noticed as the story progressed you mixed it up a bit more which was excellent but particularly in the first few paragraphs you kept using "said" and it took away from the good parts of writing and became annoying.

I really liked the characters- you did an excellent job!
Well done

Posted 15 Years Ago


this is an interesting story so far. Nice dialogue between the two as well as action. I hope you continue with this story.

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

404 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 10, 2008


Author

Pakino
Pakino

Toronto



About
Student at Ryerson University. Martial Artist (Kendo) Guitarist Gamer (RPG w00t) Anime And pure randomness more..

Writing
Beast Within Beast Within

A Poem by Pakino


Death Death

A Poem by Pakino



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..