The Land of Gry

The Land of Gry

A Chapter by Pakino

 

The Lands of Gry.
 
As reported by the Cartographer Joesphon
 
I have begun to set sail in the magnificent world of ours at Invicta. I wave goodbye to my wife Claire and hold in my heart that in due time I be back to discuss the details of my journey.
 
The world where we inhabit has four main continents: The Main Continent, Lost Island of Lore, Magicked Lands, and Trinity Lands.
 
The Main Continent that I reside in is divided between three provinces: Liongull, Ginshire, and Willstaff. The provinces are divided not based on monarchy however are separated by religious and ethnicity. The separation has resulted in Liongull being a human inhabited province where the residents follow the religious sect of Fayth. However a large population in Liongull is secularist and do not have any ties with any religious sects, however the presence of Fayth is present in the lands. It is important to note that the capitol of Liongull is Valencia.
 
Ginshire is a province that is inhabited by both human and elven. Ginshire is a unique province where both humans and elven work together on common goals. The population has firm belief in the religious sect Fayth and unlike Liongull they take pride and honor in the sacred texts. In my opinion it is best for all provinces to look at the example set out in Gaia.
 
Willstaff is the largest province of the three. Within Willstaff there are many scattered tribes. This is due to the large elven presence in the lands. It is my belief that the large elven presence is due to the proximity of the Magicked Lands, many elven migrate to the main continent and have resided at Willstaff however they have brought their customs and traditions with them. Thus, as in Magicked Lands some elven in Willstaff are undocumented since they do not reside in large towns. Due to the large exchange of customs and religious culture of Zeal a Shrine of the Spirit was established some years back serving as a location of religious devotion of the followers of Zeal.
 
The exotic appeal of the people of Willstaff has drawn my attention to the elven ancestral magic arts and crafting. However I will save my pen some hardship as that will be discussed later.
 
As I set sail in Gry my first destination is the Trinity Islands. It is interesting to note that this land cannot be habited. As I went closer to inspect the lands on my boat and crew we noticed the area is surrounded by a large storm. The vicious nature of the storm would surely have destroyed the boat. However all hope was not lost, I was able to find a very unique rock floating on the ocean bed. As I grabbed hold of the object it was different and unique from other rock formations that I have encountered. The composition of the “rock” was not of typical composition. The “rock” was shiny and upon touch it felt as if you were holding onto water. I placed this into the vault for the time being and hope to examine the object in detail.
 
After a brief pause our boat sailed towards the south to an area with various scattered islands. The islands had many various crystallized trees and exotic animals. I would have ventured deep into the islands but an incident at the island made was departure with our lives intact.
 
The island inhabits ferocious beasts of various kinds. As we anchored on the beach a dozen or so beasts came towards us. They resembled humans and elven however their fangs and claws and primate behavior set them apart. We fended for our lives, I myself taking arms. Lucky our elemental users were able to push back the enemy allowing us time to escape. During the battle what surprised me was the beasts were also capable of utilizing magic. I begin to question the existence of humans and elven and wonder if these beasts are also similar to us.
 
 
As we left we set course for the Magicked Lands. The land mass of the Magicked Lands is the second largest to The Main Continent. In the Magicked Lands there is an abundance of Elven that are scattered throughout. This is due to the harsh desert environment and random cold nights. There are a few elven that have settled in towns and cities however there is still a large population that is undocumented. With two port towns the area has no clear capitol. Power between the two port towns are evenly distributed and are shared. The rise of power has occurred through trade and commerce between The Main Continent and the Lost Island of Lore.
 
 
I didn’t stay to long at the Magicked Lands for the intense environment and the strange looks I received being a human made me feel uncomfortable. Since, if I had stayed any longer I am sure my life would be in danger.
To the north the Lost Island of Lore is the smallest land mass in Gry, but with high population density. As I landed in the port town of Krist, I was greeted by a large group of humans who welcomed my arrival. I was soon led to the main capitol Haven where I meet with the Queen and King in the kingdom. They both welcomed me with open arms and provided me with a personal quarter for my research. I am grateful for the Queen and King of the lands. As a foreigner word must have spread of my explorations and it seems they must have been waiting for my arrival. Lost Island of Lore has a large forest cover and a few small mountains in the area. Compared to Magicked Lands the lands the weather is mild and is tolerable to the human body. After a few months staying at the island I left and decided to head home to where Claire awaits me.
 
 
 
Joesphon
Sunburst
1127

 



© 2008 Pakino


Author's Note

Pakino
The maps and information will be updated later to include more geographical stuff but this will do for now.

This will set the tone for the next part of the book so please refer to this again and again.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

"Yes, hello, welcome to Main Continent..."

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

320 Views
1 Review
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on December 24, 2008


Author

Pakino
Pakino

Toronto



About
Student at Ryerson University. Martial Artist (Kendo) Guitarist Gamer (RPG w00t) Anime And pure randomness more..

Writing
Beast Within Beast Within

A Poem by Pakino


Death Death

A Poem by Pakino