Book 2 - Chapter 7 : The key of the heart...

Book 2 - Chapter 7 : The key of the heart...

A Chapter by Pakino

 

Through the plains, through the forest Renn was quickly carried away by the group of Dark Knights. Not once did they say a word as they headed towards their camp. Each of them was focusing on the task at hand without a care about what would happen to their comrade. No emotion, no dignity. All that was left was barbaric thoughts of plunder and the joy of killing. That is the case of the Dark Knights.

As they reached camp they quickly brought Renn’s body to a tent that stood out from the others. As they entered Oracle Sage was sitting his eyes closed as if he were in deep in thought. Not once did he open his eyes as he instructed the Dark Knights to place Renn on the table.

“Where is Glen?” The Oracle asked the Dark Knights. The Dark Knights simply shook their head and left.

“That idiot!” The Oracle thought in his head, “Died without any worthy cause.”

The Oracle stood up and opened his eyes as he walked towards the body of Renn. He raised his hand over Renn in an attempt to examine his body.

“Unconscious! The boy is not dead yet,” the Oracle closed his eyes as he began to conjure magic in an attempt to examine Renn. A white light appeared from the Oracle’s hands as the light began to cover Renn’s body.

“The Chosen One,” the Oracle said out loud, “You are a chosen one for some reason. Being chosen for something means that there is something about you that makes you stand out from the rest. Boy the thing that makes you special is that you are the key, the key to The Sky of Void. Where the Eternal lives, the one who created this world and do some degree is our creator,” the Oracle took a deep breath as he continued, “That is why I will take that trigger from your soul by doing that I will be given the power to The Sky of the Void.”

Instantly, magic inscriptions began to form beneath Renn as his body began to levitate. As if Renn’s soul was being taken a white cloud began to form on Renn’s chest. The Oracle smiled knowing that within mere seconds he would be able to grab hold of the key to the Sky of the Void.

However something strange happened, which began to surprise the Oracle himself. The white cloud turned into a ball of lighting spewing forth lighting throughout the room.  The Oracle moved back while concentrating on extracting the key from Renn.

“What is this!” The Oracle shouted, “is this the work of the Guardians.”

            A stream of lightning hit the Oracle in the chest launching him back falling against the side of the tent. The tent began to ignite in flames as the stream of lightning began to catch the tent in flames.

            The Oracle stood up and shouted, “Everyone move camp immediately!” Grabbing his breath the Oracle knew what was occurring,  the electricity that was being emitted began to grow at an uncontrollable rate. It would be a matter of moments that the entire camp will be in flames from the lightning. The Oracle quickly grabbed his staff and ran towards his horse and left camp immediately leaving the Dark Knights scrambling to leave before the lightning pierced their chest.

            Not far away Sy and the others were searching frantically for Renn. Once noticing the large amounts of electricity at the distance they knew that Renn was close by. Sy and Valde rushed in a hurry towards the camp, however as soon as they got there nothing remained but ashes as the flames and lightning disintegrated everything. All that lay on te ground was Renn unconscious.

            “He is still breathing!” Sylvia shouted.

            “Young Master alive. Dijin happy!” Dijin said as he slightly collapsed.

            “Dijin be careful your wounds are not healed yet,” Valde said to Dijin as he picked him up.

            “Let us hurry back to the Main Continent, for who knows what other enemy awaits us,” Sy said as he picked up Renn in his arms. Turning to Nell he said, “Do not worry he is fine he just needs rest. I do not know what just happened here but at least we know he is safe.”

            Nell nodded as she wiped away her tears.

            “I come with human, I fight for my kin,” Dijin said as he let out a howl.

            Valde smiled at Dijin as he nodded saying, “Very well, I cannot say no to you friend. Let us hurry and be off.”


 

 



© 2009 Pakino


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

215 Views
Added on September 5, 2009


Author

Pakino
Pakino

Toronto



About
Student at Ryerson University. Martial Artist (Kendo) Guitarist Gamer (RPG w00t) Anime And pure randomness more..

Writing
Beast Within Beast Within

A Poem by Pakino


Death Death

A Poem by Pakino