Book 1 - Chapter 6: Dark Knight

Book 1 - Chapter 6: Dark Knight

A Chapter by Pakino

 

Sylvia quickly ran with speed in the still night. The candle lights were her only aid as she rushed to Renn’s side. As Sylvia ran she felt the presence of her barrier destroyed.

            “Must be the Spirit,” thought Sylvia, “I must hurry or else…”

            Near the gates a human stood, his sword was stained with blood. Noticing Sylvia he smiled and began to walk towards her. As he walked his heavy armor rattled shaking the earth as he went.

            “Sylvia, I received your message. Lucky for you I was nearby, if it weren’t for those Elven at the posts I would have been here earlier.” the man said.

            “Let us not chat here, lets get Renn and flee,” said Sylvia.

            Entering the house Sylvia searched frantically for Renn, she soon found him asleep near the fireplace. The wood crackled and illuminated the house. Sylvia smiled at Renn’s figure. Picking him up in her arms Sylvia gently came outside without disturbing Renn.

            “Sy, lets go,” Sylvia said as she began to walk towards the gate.

            “So that is the Chosen One. So be it,” Sy said.

            Grabbing hold of his sword Sy placed the tip into the earth as he began to chant.

 

“Minion of Dark

Sleigh of Night

Come to your Master

Night Steed.”

           

Instantly, two dark beasts emerged from the shadows. Surrounded in think dark mist the two beasts emerged. Only their red eyes could be seen and the air from their nose.

“These Night Steed move as fast as the darkness in the land. If there is darkness the beasts will use that path. We should be fine with them.”

Sylvia nodded and placed Renn on the saddle. Doing so slowly woke him up. Renn rubbed his eyes and looked around.

“Sylvia…” Renn said, “What is going on?”

“We are leaving,” said Sylvia as she held onto the reins.

Renn looked around and saw the tall figure of Sy. A slight fear came though him as Sy ghostly skin shined brightly in the night.

“A…a…..Dark Night!” Renn shouted excitedly.

“Any louder and everyone will hear lets go,” said Sy with a grin.

Instantly the beasts let out a blood curdling yell as they began to swiftly move through the trees.  Renn was amazed at the speed of the beasts and how they were maneuvering through the darkness.

“I hear something,” said Sy.

From behind two horses appeared. Their white skin reflected the grass below. Sy let out a smile as he whispered to himself, “Damn Knights!”

Grabbing out his sword Sy began to chant,

 

“Blade of Death

Blade of Unknown

Show your strength

Darkness.”

 

            The once silver blade began to be shrouded in a similar mist as the Night Steed. Blindly, Sy swung his sword back emitting a wave shaped as a crescent moon.

            One of the pursuers grabbed out his sword and deflected the oncoming attack. Sylvia looked back and noticed that the two figures were that of Tius and Glen. Glen simply grinned as Sylvia noticed that his arm was stained in blood from Sy dark wave.        

            “Sylvia tell me what is going on?” Asked Renn as he began to panic.

            “They are here to kill you,”  Sylvia stated as she grabbed out a dagger from her clothes.

            Looking behind Sylvia threw the blade at Glen who deflected the attack. However Sy returned another volley of his dark wave. Catching Glen of guard the wave hit him in his chest knocking him down.

            “GLEN!” Shouted Tius as rage filled within him. Holding onto his sword Tius began to chant a spell. However before he could complete the incantation he was struck by another dark wave.

            Sylvia looked towards Sy who began to breathe hard. The attacks consumed more then his spirit. It sacrificed his soul with each swing. Sy knew of this but didn’t hesitate to unleash wave after wave of attacks.

            Soon Tius fell of his horse as the immense power of Sy was to much for him to handle. Raising his sword to the sky, Sy whispered, “Scatter.”

            The dark mist that once shrouded the sword vanished revealing the beautiful silver steel. Placing the sword back into the sheath, Sy focused his thoughts ahead.

            “That must have been the last of them, small fry if I tell you,” Sy said with a  smile, “Chosen One are still there with us.”

            Renn looked at Sy as the shock of battle soon faded from his memory.  Giving a slight nod Sy continued, “Go to sleep the ride is long and will take us until morning to reach Gaia.”         

            However Renn couldn’t sleep as the excitement of battle echoed through him. Searching through his pocket he found his flute. Picking it up he began to play a soft melody to calm his nerves.

            Sy laughed as he said, “Fine song for a still night.”

      



© 2008 Pakino


Author's Note

Pakino
kinda rushed this a bit. May be a bit of grammer issues in this one. Enjoy.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Wow. I may have to backtrack to pick up the story from here - nice descriptions and action in this chapter.

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

297 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on August 28, 2008
Last Updated on September 15, 2008


Author

Pakino
Pakino

Toronto



About
Student at Ryerson University. Martial Artist (Kendo) Guitarist Gamer (RPG w00t) Anime And pure randomness more..

Writing
Beast Within Beast Within

A Poem by Pakino


Death Death

A Poem by Pakino