Book 1- Chapter 7 : Home

Book 1- Chapter 7 : Home

A Chapter by Pakino

 

            “Renn wake up we have arrived,” Sylvia’s sweet voice echoed as Renn slowly raise his back up. The ride took the entire night as Sylvia and Sy arrived at their destination. The dark vapors of the Night Steed had begun to disappear revealing the scales and fangs of the beasts.

            Sy jumped of from his beast followed by Sylvia and Renn. As soon as they got of Sy raised his hand and said, “Scatter.” As if melted from fire the Night Steed disappeared on spot.

            “The beasts are tired from the journey, it will take them the entire day to recover.” Sy said to himself out loud as he walked into the town.

            Renn looked at Sylvia who seemed to be studying Sy’s movement. Renn simply turned his attention to the citizens of the town. Since the day Renn was taken in Lasiey his past memories slowly began to fade.  Slowly Renn began to assimilate in his new life, while forgetting his past roots. As Renn looked around the town he began to remember the old clothes he wore and the shouts and chatter of the bazaar.

            Sylvia soon grabbed Renn’s hand and pulled him away from the bazaar as she began to follow Sy. After walking for 10 minutes Sylvia stood in front of a large house. The house had intricate gardens and had soldiers stationed at the gates. Upon seeing Sy and Sylvia the guards bowed in respect and opened the gate.

            The three walked in silence as they entered the mansion. Inside the house was decorated with intricate carpets and fabric. Renn was amazed at the cleanliness of the house. Not a speck of dirt was found between the staircase or lantern.

“Renn take a seat here, I will be back,” Sylvia said as she pointed to the chair in the corner. 

Sy walked towards the seat along with Renn and leaned against the wall as he closed his eyes.

Renn looked around, however upon seeing Sy’s brilliant armor up close he stared at it with curiosity.

“Can I ask you your name, Chosen one?” Sy asked startling Renn.

“Renn…”

“Sy…..” Replied Sy as they fell silent.

“Can I ask you something?” Renn said breaking the silence.

“Yes, what is it?” Sy said as he opened his eyes staring at Renn.

As Renn looked at Sy he noticed that his eyes had changed color from black to red.  The sight of the Sy’s blood red eyes let a shiver through Renn as he hesitated for a moment to ask.

“Why do…you call me ‘Chosen One’?”

Sy smiled as she looked at Renn as he said, “I was going to save it for later. But if your in a hurry I might as well talk, ”Sy said as he stood upright, “Fifteen years the Spirit Tetra came to our world and was trying to annihilate everyone. Myself and a friend stopped her movements momentarily. We weren’t strong enough, even with my magic as a dark knight. We both consulted the Oracle Chamber and sought the advice of the four wisest men alive. They informed us that on a night of Celestial Nexus an Elven will appear that will change the world. That Elven is you Renn.”

Renn remained quiet as he devoured everything Sy was saying. Maintaining his composure Renn stood up his head lowered. Anger filled through Renn like never before, he clenched his fist and began to shake violently slamming his fist on Sy’s breastplate.

“I don’t want any of it!” Renn shouted as he continued to slam his fist harder into Sy, allowing droplets of blood to gently pour from his hand. Sy stood there taking the shock of the punches. Not long afterwards a man walked forward wearing a black vest and white cotton pants. His hair was long and tied up, his eyes were brown and soft.

The man ran towards Renn and grabbed hold of him. Renn made an effort to leave the man’s grip but he failed to leave. Tightening his hold on Renn the man said in a soft voice, “Renn, calm down your father is here to see you.”

The rage and anger that once filled Renn vanished, looking past the man’s shoulder Renn noticed the figure of Yaroh tears falling from his face.

The man loosened his hold as Renn ran towards Yaroh. Both father and son embraced one another, tears of happiness rained upon them both.

The man stood up and walked into a nearby room as Sy followed, “It is best if we leave the two alone shall we,” the man said as he grabbed his flask of water, “So now Sy what did you do to provoke such madness.”

“Don’t think of me as the bringer of bad news but I only told him about the Celestial Nexus, Khalon.”

Khalon let out a small laugh as he continued, “Sylvia informed me of everything, she is resting at her quarters. It seems that Oracle Sage is working with the Spirit. He cannot be trusted anymore.”

“The man was quite cunning, I never trusted him,” Sy said in anger.

“I do not know how far his influence has spread, I fear the other two Oracles are lost.”

“Did I not tell you to trust Oracle Ille! Is he here at the moment?”

“Resting, and meditating.”

“Leave him be. I will investigate the Lost Island of Lore there seems to be some movements of some sort there.”

“Go and report back as soon as you can,” Khalon said.

“What about the boy?” Sy asked.

“I will leave him for now, tonight we will have a banquet,” Khalon said with enthusiasm

“Banquet?”

“A celebration for Renn’s arrival, are you leaving soon for the Lost Island of Lore?”  Asked Khalon.

Sy grinned as he said, “Yes, it seems I am low on my dark mana. Going on the journey will allow me to gather energy and recover my strength.”

Khalon’s expression changed as Khalon placed his hand on Sy saying in a serious tone, “Don’t consume the souls of the innocent.”

“What do you think I am a murderer? I know the darkness, I have been there and back.”

With that Sy began to leave the room, just before he left Khalon said, “Sy I am just saying don’t kill anyone for your mana.”

Sy grinned and said, “I wont go back to they way I was, trust me…”

Khalon watched as Sy left and whispered to himself



© 2008 Pakino


Author's Note

Pakino
Sorry for the delay. Due to school the oncoming chapters will take some time. So please check back every two weeks for updates.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

280 Views
Added on September 15, 2008
Last Updated on September 15, 2008


Author

Pakino
Pakino

Toronto



About
Student at Ryerson University. Martial Artist (Kendo) Guitarist Gamer (RPG w00t) Anime And pure randomness more..

Writing
Beast Within Beast Within

A Poem by Pakino


Death Death

A Poem by Pakino