Book 2 - Chapter 9 : Anew Desire...

Book 2 - Chapter 9 : Anew Desire...

A Chapter by Pakino

As their mounts increased in speed Sy and the group began to feel nervous as to what was to expect them on their return. Upon arriving at Clestia they had heard from Yaroh about the fall of Liongull. Renn was excited and glad to see his father and wished him to join him, however Yaroh declined as he realized his duties lay with the Oracle and he needed to protect the Oracle and the town if any danger were to occur.  A*s the head towards Basilt, which was recently captured by the forces Renn couldn’t help to wonder what Garry was thinking inside.

            The lost of losing his people had begun to hurt Garry, that once he saw the flames in the sky he lost all sense of being a commander until and turned around his horse to go back. If it weren’t for his second in command who brought his conscious back Garry would have been one of the fallen. However, the deep pain and tragedy of being betrayed hurt him deeper then a wound in the heart. During the moments of solitude he had, he began to conjure hatred like no other towards the Dark Knights and the Elven of Willstaff.

            “I see camp!” Shouted Sylvia.

            “Human……Elven…I smell them,”  Dijin said as he sat behind Renn, “I would like to meet other Alpha of human.”

            Renn smiled as he said, “Khalon? Why not!”

            Sy smiled at Renn as he focused his gaze at the camp, Valde stood silent throughout the trip his mind elsewhere. Nell didn’t stay far from Renn as she moved forward on her steed.

            Within moments they were within the camp and went directly towards Khalon’s camp. It was afternoon the sun was at its highest. Spirits were high in the camp as everyone began to talk amongst themselves and talk about the victory of battle.

            “Commander Khalon! They have arrived,” the Paige said as he approached Khalon. Khalon immediately stopped his conversation with Garry and the other generals and quickly left camp to greet Sy and the others.  Sy got of his horse and gave the saddle to the stable boy as he placed his hand on Khalon’s shoulder saying, “We need to talk.”

            Khalon laughed as he said, “You don’t think I now that. Welcome back!”

            “Khalon,” Renn said as he grabbed his attention, “We brought along a friend.”

            Khalon looked around and noticed the beast-human, Ojio, Dijin. Khalon’s eyes opened wide as he saw Dijin and shouted, “A beast-human!”

            The group began to chuckle at Khalon and the other Commander’s reaction. Garry simply stood silent as he looked at Dijin and Renn.

            “Alpha, I come to help. We Ojio fight with our cousins,” Dijin said as he let out a howl in the camp. Everyone quickly stopped as they stared at Dijin. Renn looked around at everyone who finally took notice of Dijin and quickly stepped in shouting to everyone watching, “He is an ally and a friend. Treat him with respect. He will be fighting along with me and my squad.”

            A loud cheer was heard from the camp as they gave a salute to Dijin and let to continue their errands.

            Sy looked at Khalon once again saying, “We need to talk!”

            Khalon looked at Sy noticing his serious tone and gesture and said to the Paige, “Get lodgings ready for everyone here, everyone let us reconvene in a few to discuss our next campaign.”

            “Khalon, what is the new offensive,” Renn asked.

            “We are planning on striking Lasley directly with our forces and end this madness quickly before it spirals out of control. I will give you more detail later, for now take a break.”

            “We will get those b******s!” Garry said, “I promise you Renn, you will get your blood.”

            Renn looked at Garry who was staring at him, “Garry…..I am…..”

            “No apologies Chosen One,” Garry said, “I have only goal, to get my revenge on those b******s and to reclaim my King’s kingdom, if you excuse me I need to talk to my second in command.” At that Garry left the group with a bow.

            Renn watched in silence as he left sadden that the loss of his people had transformed Garry from what was a kind and intelligent Commander to one that was unforgiving.

            “Sy, follow me,” Khalon said as he walked inside excusing himself from everyone. Sy followed Khalon into the tent and took a seat immediately, “Singuard he is alive!”

            Khalon turned around and looked at Sy with shock, “That cannot be, I thought he was dead.”

            Sy began to recount the event that occurred and explained to them what the Queen’s passing words were and how she informed the ultimate goal of Singuard.

            “Do you think the one who Hosts the Spirit Terra is aware that their ally is Singuard. The one who was given powers in par with the Spirit of Death, Moet.”

            “I cannot say at this point,” Khalon said, “It is hard to say. What do you plan on doing?”

            “What I should have done before. Killed him and made sure he relinquishes his powers,” Sy said in a stern voice.

            “Sy! Don’t do it alone. You don’t know how strong he has become.”

            “I must do it!” Sy said as his voice got louder, “If I do not I will not rest this blade of mine.”

            “Listen Sy…I know your past. You told me already. But put that aside, don’t let your emotions get the best of you.”

            Sy let out a deep breath and said as he stood up, ”I need a shower! Just remember I will let go if I see him.”

            At that Sy left the tent to head towards the bathhouse, from the side of the tent Garry stood listening to the conversation.

            “Singuard…….I will kill you before Sy does. I am sorry Chosen One but I will have to leave you but will return with tidings of victory.”

            Garry began to walk away out of the camp carrying basic luggage. He now had a goal. And knew were to look. Leaving the camp with his second commander in charge.

            Not far from where Garry was listening Sylvia lay low behind some crates as she eavesdropped on the conversation.

            “Sy, does your past bring you such pain?”

           



© 2009 Pakino


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

246 Views
Added on October 9, 2009


Author

Pakino
Pakino

Toronto



About
Student at Ryerson University. Martial Artist (Kendo) Guitarist Gamer (RPG w00t) Anime And pure randomness more..

Writing
Beast Within Beast Within

A Poem by Pakino


Death Death

A Poem by Pakino