Book 2 - Chapter 8: A Knight's Honor...

Book 2 - Chapter 8: A Knight's Honor...

A Chapter by Pakino

 

Not long afterwards after the group left for the unexplored islands, Khalon and the others rushed to reinforce their lines near Basilt and made their way towards Valencia. Garry had to persuade his King to join forces with Khalon and people from Ginshire. Since after witnessing the near escape from death, Garry had confidence in Renn and knew this was a war that he couldn’t take a blind eye.

Khalon decided to head back to Clestia to check with the Oracle and Yaroh to make sure preparations were going smoothly.

Khalon told Garry to wait for him to arrive so they both can have an audience with the King but Garry’s sense of urgency made him rush towards the castle with his small band of followers.

“Who is there?”

“It is I Garry.”

“The King seeks you.”

“That is fine for I too would like to see him,” Garry kicked his saddle as he entered and dismounted beside the stables.

Garry walked with unease towards the castle, his small ban of warriors also followed. However as they neared the castle doors Garry signaled them to rest and that he would be the only one to meet with the King.

A*s he entered the audience room, the court fell silent as they watched Garry enter. His clothes were muddy from his travels and he didn’t take a second to notice how this would affect the nobles at the court.  Garry payed no head as he quickly fell to his knees and paid his respects to his Lord.

“Stand Garry,” the King said as motioned his hands.

Garry stood as he looked at the King eye to eye, “My Lord, I return with haste to deliver you news.”

“Good, that is what I wanted to hear from you.”

“The men from Ginshire are at war with Willstaff. However the forces of Willstaff have sided with Dark Knights from the Lost Island of Lore…”

“Dark Knights? Who commands them?”

“I have no idea My Lord, the Dark Knights are real and pose a threat. It is only a matter of days that they will attack our lands…”

“Enough Garry,” I King said sternly.

“My Lord?”

“This is not our war, let the two fight away. Once the time is ripe we will strike both of them and seize control of their lands.”

“You cannot be serious… but…”

“Do you not agree with me Garry, both forces will be weakened to a state were they would like all battles to stop. At that moment we will strike that take their lands.”

“My Lord, the Chosen One..”

“I do not want to hear such false prophecies,” the King shouted as he stood up from his throne, “I will rule his continent and become the dictator of prophecies.”

Garry knew at that point it was futile to talk to his Lord.  He immediately stood up and walked out of the audience chamber. However as he left he heard the King cry out to the guards.

“Seize him at once!”

Garry  quickly drew out his sword as he rushed out of the castle doors. To his surprise his men were already engaged with the guards at the castle. Flawlessly they were able to eliminate the guards and held a smile as they waited for their commander to return.

“We were attacked immediately by the guards not long after you entered everything is ready to leave,” said a soldier to Garry.

“Make haste for the Kings men will be after us shortly.”

With that Garry left his kingdom, as he left he turned back to see the beautiful castle walls and the city streets which he loved. For on the night of his leave the Dark Knights attacked.

The guards defended their lands as gracefully as they could but the darkness of the night brings strength to the Dark Knights. With ease they entered the room of the King and slit his throat.

“Ignorant King, and your false dreams have come to an end,” Baltasear said as he wiped the blood from his sword. Baltasear began to laugh as he shouted, “Renn my blade awaits your blood. I shall keep it clean for you.”

That night, the survivors of Valencia will never forget the night when the Dark Knights pillaged and raped. Death was decreed from the hands of soul less men, as the province of Liongull soon fell to ashes.

 

 



© 2009 Pakino


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

162 Views
Added on September 5, 2009


Author

Pakino
Pakino

Toronto



About
Student at Ryerson University. Martial Artist (Kendo) Guitarist Gamer (RPG w00t) Anime And pure randomness more..

Writing
Beast Within Beast Within

A Poem by Pakino


Death Death

A Poem by Pakino