Book 2 - Chapter 3: Man of the Eastern Sands

Book 2 - Chapter 3: Man of the Eastern Sands

A Chapter by Pakino
"

Next Chapter

"

 

“Who are you?” Khalon wondered as he removed the spell from his sword.

            “Sorry for the rude welcoming,” the man said, “I am Prince Valde from the tribe of the Eastern Sands. We have come from the Magicked Lands to help the Chosen One in his cause.”

            Khalon was speechless at he sight of the large numbers of warriors of the Magicked Lands.

            “I am Khalon the one who sent word to your lands, but we sent word earlier but received a negative reply.”

            “That is true but I….,” Valde said however by a female warrior who held two short swords firmly in her grip. Her long hair tied behind her back, presented an innocent yet fiery aura from her.

            “Sir! I believe the main forces are in combat, we must aid them quickly,” she said.

            Valde looked at her and smiled as he looked at Khalon and said, “We will talk after this, Lillium let the torch bearers send word to prepare, ‘Phoenix Rebirth.’”

            Lillium smiled and saluted Valde and quickly sent word to the torch bearers.

            At this point Renn, and Garry walked towards Khalon and stood beside Khalon watching the Elven from the Magicked Lands in preparing their assault.

            Instantly, Valde grabbed an arrow from his quiver and raised it above. Slowly the tip of the arrow began to emit a red light, which slowly turned into a ball of flame.

            Placing the arrow on his bow Valde shouted with all his might, “Transmit!”

            A loud voice suddenly began to shake the woods as the entire group of warriors began to chant a spell in unison with a loud voice. The voices soon reached the main battle ground and began to catch the interest of the Dark Knights and enemy Elven. Instantly, they quickly broke through the defenses and began to run with speed towards Valde. Valde smiled at the scene and as the chanting halted Valde let fly his arrow in the sky.

            As the arrow gained height the shape of the arrow dramatically changed to that of a bird in flames.  The enemy forces halted at the enormous sight of the flames and the piercing screech. Without warning the bird flew below and began to incinerate the enemy with its flames. The vanguard quickly using the distraction from the bird began to push back the enemy from their lines, allowing them to restore their defense.

            Khalon turned towards Renn and noticing the shift in battle quickly said, “Renn use a wind spell to send the flames to the enemies.”

            Renn grabbed out his flute and began to play a tune that was quick yet soft as if he were running through a field of thorns.

            Instantly, a torrent of wind began to control the flames of the Phoenix and began to emit balls of flames directly at the enemy.

            The remaining Dark Knights noticed that the tide of battle had changed and quickly fled the battle along with the Elven who had already left the battle for their lives.

            Valde who stood watching the wraith of the Phoenix also watched the magic power of Renn without saying a word. Valde only smiled at Renn’s magic spell and watched the remaining forces yelling victory battle cries.

            “Summon magic,” Khalon said as he looked at Valde, “Ancient Elven Art that uses the combined magic potential of a group of people in a single attack.”

            “You seem knowledgeable for a human,” Valde said with a smile as he turned his attention to Renn, “Chosen One I presume!”

Valde said as he suddenly kneeled down as a knight, his white cape gracefully falling on his back.  Renn stared at Valde and didn’t say a word, however his attention focused at the forces behind which also fell down to their knees in submission to Renn.

“Stand up! You have saved us from slaughter I am the one to give thanks to you.”

“It is just an honor to meet our savior.”

“Please stand!”

“As you wish Master,” said Valde.

“Prince Valde,” Khalon said as she stepped forward, “Can you please explain why you are here?”

Valde nodded and said, “When your ambassador arrived to our lands and pleaded to our people to help in your cause. A council was held to determine if we should participate in the war. Not many representatives of my tribe were present, including myself, and some of the older members held sympathy for the Elven of Willstaff. If I had been present I would have advocated for your cause. My tribe and neighboring allies believed we must fight, and decided to fight for your cause even without the agreement of council. That is why he have left our lands in search for the Chosen One. Are you aware of the “Legend of the Spirit Wars?”

Khalon shook his head in disagreement, “I have heard the tale but do not know details of it.”

Valde nodded as he continued, “The Sprit Wars a battle between the Spirits and the Creator known as the Eternal. Legend indicates that in the past the Eternal was the one who created the Spirits and their world. The Spirits enjoyed life together however soon trouble started to occur in the Sprit Realm. Xeno was a man of pious nature went to the Eternal and pleaded to him for power to stop the unrest in the world. The Eternal granted Xeno’s request and soon Xeno used his power to fix the world. Though peace was achieved a Spirit rebelled against Xeno and soon a War occurred. However, it was between Xeno and the Spirit Realm. Xeno who had begun to crave for power pleaded to the Eternal once again. The Eternal granted Xeno divine powers equal to his own. However little did the Eternal know that Xeno used his new found powers against him, slaying the Eternal and taking his place as ruler. The battle occurred between Xeno, and the Spirit Realm. The effects of the battle were so severe that the left over magic spilled over the Spirit Realm creating our world which also gave birth to Humans and Elven. It was said that a Spirit that came from the family line of Blitz the Spirit of Justice, released a spell that petrified the Spirit and Eternal Realm. For ages this petrification has lasted and we Humans and Elven are able to draw magic power from the Spirits using the inhabitants of the Spirit realm as a source of power.”

“So we are using the lives of the Spirits.” Renn said sadly.

“We are, but with each magic spell the petrification spell is slowly breaking.  In our Prophecy it is told that the petrification spell will break and the Spirits will wake and resume their battle with Xeno. The Prophecy also indicates that during a time when the strength of the spell is weakened a Chosen One will appear that will end the hatred and suffering in the Spirit Realm. That is why once we heard the tale of the Chosen One we immediately believed that the time has come for us to lead our strength to Master Renn.”

            Khalon remained silent yet still bore a serious expression. The words of Valde were shocking yet inside Khalon knew he spoke the truth.  During his meditation Khalon also felt an odd presence in the Spirit Realm but wasn’t sure what it was.

            Sy soon walked towards Khalon and the others carrying two soldiers in arms.  As he came nearby he placed the two soldiers on the ground.

            “Ok you two take of your masks I know who you are!” Sy shouted.

            Both soldiers slowly took of their helm and stared Renn and Sy in the eyes.

            “Nell! Sylvia! What are you doing here?” Khalon said in a loud voice in surprise.

            “Seems like they wanted to join the fight,” Sy said, “They sneaked into battle and I soon found them struggling against a Dark Knight.”

            “I am sorry,” Nell said weakly.

            “Nell…” Renn said, “I don’t want to see you hurt.”

            “Let me fight! I may not be skilled at the sword but I can help,” Nell said suddenly burst with energy.

            Lillium soon stepped forward and said to the group, “We must leave this battle field and find high ground for shelter.”

            Garry nodded as he said, “Let us go west to the King, I must persuade him to fight.”

            “May I make a request?” Valde said interrupting. Garry looked at Valde and motioned him to speak.

            “There is an Island South-West from the Main continent. It is inhabited by wild beasts and exotic plants. I have heard a report that the Queen of The Lose Island of Lore has taken refuge there.”

            “Queen Illisa…” Sy said.

            “I would request that the Chosen One accompany myself to the Island to seek the aid of the Queen?”

            “How can we trust you?” Garry quickly questioned.

            “Did I not save you right now,” Valde said as he began to laugh.

            “How can we ensure the safety of Renn,” Khalon said.

            “I believe that the beasts will not be aggressive to the Chosen One. The beasts are unknown to us, but they are not ignorant. I will accompany Renn and will leave Lillium to command my troops.”

            “Fine! I will go with you,” Sy said, “I would like to have a word with the Queen.”

            “I will go as well,” Sylvia said as she stood up and grabbed her sword.

            “Is it agreed that we four will go?” Valde said.

            “Let me join!” Nell said suddenly surprising Valde.

            “No Nell….” Renn said.

            “Let the girl come,” Valde said, “She wants to be by your side and I cannot ignore a request from a lady.”

            “Let us quickly leave this field before reinforcements arrive,” Khalon said, “Take a boat from Clestia the rest of us will head towards Valencia to meet the King.”

            Sy let out a grin and said, “Let’s hurry before those maggots come back.”



© 2009 Pakino


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

330 Views
Added on March 26, 2009


Author

Pakino
Pakino

Toronto



About
Student at Ryerson University. Martial Artist (Kendo) Guitarist Gamer (RPG w00t) Anime And pure randomness more..

Writing
Beast Within Beast Within

A Poem by Pakino


Death Death

A Poem by Pakino