Book 2: Chapter 4: Hateful Scar

Book 2: Chapter 4: Hateful Scar

A Chapter by Pakino

 

“So you want to live, huh?”

            “Please let me live!” The old man pleaded as the Dark Knight watched with glee at the desperation of the old man.

            “Pathetic!” With one swing of his long sword the head became severed from the body leaving only a puddle of blood.

            “Hey Baltasear! Having fun?” Came the voice of Tius.

            “Humans! They are such fragile little creatures,” Baltasear said as he walked past Tius.

            Instantly, Tius unsheathed his sword however Baltasear quickly blocked Tius attack.     

            “So tell me what makes you special huh? You’re still a little boy!” Shouted Tius.

            Baltasear turned around and walked away ignoring Tius, “I have orders to let you live.”

            “Little b*****d!” Tius shouted as he stared angrily at the ground.

            Baltasear walked through the streets and looked around for any sign of life, however all he saw was walls tainted with blood, bodies with distorted faces.

            A group of Dark Knights soon appeared before Baltasear and bowed low before him, “Set camp nearby, we will stay here overnight. Make sure you replenish your mana.”

            The men nodded without saying a word to each other and left.

            “Renn..” he whispered, “I will kill you! You killed my father, and caused my mother to die. I will avenge my family if I must be cursed along the way.”

            “So you want revenge?” Came a voice.

            Baltasear looked back and noticed a man with a large scar on his face and arm. He walked over to Baltasear and continued, “I too have business with him, I have reports that he has left South towards the unexplored islands.”

            Baltasear drew out his sword and placed the tip of the blade on the man’s neck. The man stood there watching Baltasear without moving a nerve, “Glen, that is my name.”

            Baltasear placed his sword back and looked at Glen with curiosity, “If you wish to kill Renn, we must strike now.”

            Baltasear  began to walk away saying, “I have no interest in him. Let him enjoy his moment of life.”

            “So you’re stopping your revenge?”

            “Shutup! Do you know who I am?”

            “Pathetic! Dark Knights I taught you were better.”

            “What did you say!” Baltasear quickly drew his sword at Glen, but was soon blocked by a mysterious magic.

            Unaware of the new magic Baltasear quickly pulled back.

            “I will head out,” Glen said as he walked away the same way he entered.

            “I will kill Renn, no one else!” Baltasear said to himself, “Without the aid of anyone else.”

            Baltasear began to laugh cynically at the thought and wandered towards camp to prepare for the next assult on the nearby village. Craving for more blood, craving for more insanity. 



© 2009 Pakino


Author's Note

Pakino
wanted to show more about Baltasear and give some foreshadowing into the events to unfold

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

195 Views
Added on March 26, 2009


Author

Pakino
Pakino

Toronto



About
Student at Ryerson University. Martial Artist (Kendo) Guitarist Gamer (RPG w00t) Anime And pure randomness more..

Writing
Beast Within Beast Within

A Poem by Pakino


Death Death

A Poem by Pakino