Chapter 2- Runaway

Chapter 2- Runaway

A Chapter by MirageDreamer

Lunar, Noch, Crescent, and Star all looked at each other, then nodded and all went their separate ways to pack.  Crescent got a couple things then brought them up to Lunar, and Star got her things and brought them to Noch.  Then Lunar finished packing, and Noch finished his packing, then they all went to the forest where they usually hung out and had a meeting.

“Ok, so where should we go first?” asked Lunar. 

“Well, why don’t we go back home,” said Noch. 

“Home?” asked Lunar confused. 

“Yeah, back to the Dragon Kingdom,” said Noch with a soft smile. 

“Huh, but…” Said Lunar confused. 

“You know how you said something about a prince of the Dragon Kingdom?  Well, I’m him.  I’ve kept it a secret for a really long time, hoping that I could find the other heir to the throne, then we might go back to the kingdom and restore it to its former glory,” said Noch as Lunar got a really surprised look on her face. 

Then she smile and said “Yeah.  So tonight at eleven we leave for the kingdom.”

So that night they waited then at ten fifty they left for the tree. 

Lunar and Crescent snuck out through the window as they usually did when they went to see Noch and Star, and Noch and Star snuck out through the window in the roof as they also usually did. 

When they met at the tree Lunar asked “By the way where exactly is the Dragon Kingdom?” 

“Well, I’m not sure its exact whereabouts, but I remember it was to the north,” said Noch. 

“Ok, I don’t know why, but the mountains come into mind when I think about the kingdom,” said Lunar. 

“Ok, so to the Cerulean Mountains we go,” said Noch as he pointed what he thought to be north. 

Lunar let out a little laugh then said as she took his hand and pointed in the opposite direction “That way is north.” 

“Oh, right,” said Noch with a playful smile. 

So Lunar took her sword and said a spell that caused it to start to fly, then she got on, as Noch did the same with his bow, then they were off.  Every now and then either Crescent or Star got tired and had to get a ride from Lunar or Noch. 

They flew for the rest of the night, then when the sun started to come up they were getting closer to the mountains, but they still had at most a day’s worth of travel left, so they found a deserted house and rested here. 

The house was more of a large hut, it had a bedroom, a bathroom, a kitchen, and a little ways away there was a small lake that was covered by trees. 

After they rested for a while Noch and Star got some food ready while Lunar and Crescent went to look around. 

“Wow, Crescent look,” said Lunar as she ran over to the edge of the lake, and looked in seeing crystal clear water, and solid stone floor and walls.  

“Let’s go back to the house and tell Noch and Star about this,” said Lunar happily as they started back for the house, so they told Noch and Star about it.

“It’s ok, you should go in first, I-I’ll go after you,” said Noch nervously. 

Lunar looked at him the said as she looked away “Sheesh, it’s not like anything is going to happen, you’re my brother after all,” said Lunar as Noch looked at her. 

“Wha?” asked Noch. 

“Well, you are the prince and I’m the princess, so we’re siblings, that means that so much for getting married,” said Lunar as she crossed her arms and said sarcastically annoyed. 

Noch looked at her concerned then Lunar looked at him and said “Seriously it’s ok.” As she said that she gave a reassuring smile that said ‘It really is ok.’ Noch looked at her then smiled back and then they ate. 

After that they changed into the things that they would normally swim in.  Noch had on grayish white pants, and Lunar had on a grayish blue tight long sleeved shirt, and grayish blue pants. 

They brought their things to the lake just encase they needed to leave quickly. 

“Wow, this place it really nice,” said Noch as he looked around after he put his things down in an indent of one of the trees that had one of the many branches hanging over the water. 

“Yeah,” said Lunar as she put her things where Noch put his. 

After they were in the water for a while Noch got out and said, “How about I go and get some food, after all it’s around lunch time anyway.” 

“Sure,” said Lunar as Star got up from the rock she was resting on then flew over to him then sat on his shoulder, then he left. 

After a bit Lunar looked at Crescent who was also resting on a sunny rock, then she quietly went over to him then splashed water on him.  That woke him up instantly, then he looked at Lunar, then flew up and came diving down and splashed her with a huge wave.  Lunar looked at him as she brushed some of her hair out of her face, then she gave him a playful smile then splashed him back. 

Meanwhile, off in the forest a boy was walking.  He had light golden hair, light silver eyes, he was around sixteen, and he had on all black, and his shirt had a silver moon and dragon on it, he also had two swords at his waist. 

The boy stopped when he heard Lunar laughing then he went over to the lake, but hid behind a tree and watched Lunar.  When he saw Crescent he said shocked “A dragon, and it’s not attacking her, that means she must be from the Dragon Kingdom, but black with silver and blue streaks, she looks just like the princess, but to be her she would need silvery blue eyes” said the boy as Lunar turned away from a splash that Crescent aimed at her, then she opened her eyes and turned around and splashed Crescent “Sh-she’s the princess,” Said the boy as he fell to his knees with joy and relief. 

Meanwhile, back at the Shrine of the Moon, Solor’s family was about to enter the shrine when they hears Lunar’s mom scream.  They all rushed in and saw Lunar’s mom crying as Lunar’s dad comforted her mom.  “What happened?” asked Solor concerned. 

“L-L-L-Lunar… s-she’s g-gone,” said her mom in tears. 

“We found out that she must have left during the night, and Noch went with her because he’s not at his house,” said Lunar’s dad. 

Solor said nothing he just snuck away.  “She must have gone back to the kingdom,” said Solor as he took his sword and said the flying spell, then he got on and flew towards the north.

However he stopped when he heard someone scream, then he stopped and looked down and saw a girl. 

She had orange hair that went down to a little below her shoulders, orangeish brown eyes, and she had on a yellow shirt, and a long orange skirt that was easy to move around in. 

She was being attacked by a giant serpent, and Solor saw that she had a bow, but she was out of arrows, and that she had a dagger, but it was to far away for her to reach. 

Then suddenly Solor sword was through the serpent’s neck, Solor was sitting on the sheath.  The girl looked up as the serpent fell to the ground.  Then as Solor flew down the girl went over to her dagger and sheathed it.

Then she went over to Solor who was taking his sword out cleaning it off then sheathing it, and said “Thanks for that, by the way my name is Asara.” 

“I’m Solor,” said Solor as girl got a happy look on her face

“As in the prince of the Phoenix Kingdom?” asked Asara. 

“Y-yeah,” said Solor happy that someone remembered the kingdom.  After a while of talking Asara and Solor set of to find Lunar. 

Back in the forest the boy watched Lunar with joy and relief, “Th-the princess is alive.” Then he suddenly realized what she was wearing then she turned away embarrassed

“Hey, who are you?” asked Noch as he and Star came over to him with some berries. 

The boy was shocked with who he saw then he said as Lunar and Crescent went over to them “Th-the prince, and the princess.” 

“Prince, princess?” asked Noch shocked as Lunar took a piece of cloth and draped it over her shoulders.

Then she asked “Who are you, how do you know about us?” 

“Oh forgive me,” said the boy as he knelt down and looked at the ground then he added “I am Jason, the head of the Royal Draco Army, I was given the task of finding the only two living heirs to the throne.” 

“The Draco Army, as in from the Dragon Kingdom?” asked Noch. 

“Yes,” said Jason as he continued to looked at the ground. 

“Can you take us there?” asked Noch as Lunar knelt down and looked at Jason.

Then he said as he continued to look away “Yes, it would be an honor,” said Jason then Lunar took his arms and helped him up. 

Then she said “Ok, so after we eat and change into something more appropriate then we’ll leave.”

So they ate the berries that Noch got, then they went back to the house to change, but when they got there, there were some people there. 

“The people around here said that there was a girl and a boy who fit Lunar’s and Noch’s profile,” said the first person who was Solor. 

“Maybe they left already,” said the girl who was Asara. 

“Solor, what is he doing here?” said Noch annoyed when they were back at the lake.

 “Wait, Solor?” asked Jason. 

“Yeah, the prince of the Phoenix Kingdom, the boy who I use to live with when I was little, and the one who our parents arranged for me to marry,” said Lunar as she tapped her foot annoyed. 

“What, live with, marry?” asked Jason surprised. 

“Yeah, when they attacked the Dragon Kingdom they took me and gave me to the captain of their royal guard, I only found out about it ten years ago when some warriors of the Dragon Kingdom attacked the palace.  I only found out after I had killed ten of the warriors,” said Lunar sadly as she looked at the ground. 

“Oh, I heard about that when I was six, it was said that the warriors who attacked the palace succeeded, however they went against the commander.  He suggested that we waited a little longer, the ones who died there were rebel warriors,” said Jason as he seemed to get annoyed when he mentioned them. 

“Wait, but isn’t it a good thing that they got the Phoenix Kingdom to fall?” asked Noch. 

“Yes, but at that time we had no plan after that, because we didn’t know where either of you were, so it was pointless to attack until we knew where you were,” said Jason. 

Suddenly they heard Solor and Asara talking “We better get going, we can change some other palace,” said Noch. 

“Ok,” said Lunar as she and Noch took their things, then they took their swords, got on and hovered over the ground with them.  Jason just looked at them then Noch asked “Aren’t you coming?” 

“Uh, I don’t know any flying spells,” said Jason as he looked embarrassed. 

“Lunar, Noch, there you two are,” called Solor as he saw them.

“Jason.” Called Lunar as she held her hand out to him. 

“But, you are a princess, I am forbidden from touching you,” said Jason as Star went and rested on Noch and he flew up quickly, and Crescent flew over to Lunar and sat on her sword in front of her. 

Solor and Asara ran over to them and were about to cross the lake to get over to where Lunar, Noch and Jason were.  Lunar looked at Jason, then grabbed his hand pulled him up and flew up as Jason sat down behind Lunar. 

“Quick, we need to follow them,” said Solor as he took his sword, and Asara went over to him. 

“Jason, hold on tight,” said Lunar. 

“But, I… that is I can’t I’m not allowed to,” said Jason. 

“Well, then do you want to fall off?” asked Lunar as Solor and Asara started to fly up to them. 

“Lunar we gotta go,” said Noch.  Jason then hesitantly put his arms around Lunar’s waist, then Noch and Lunar sped off. 

It was to hard for Solor to keep up, and he quickly got tired, so he had to slow down. 

“I give up, Lunar must really not want to get married,” said Solor as he landed and Asara got off.

Then she asked as he got off and sat down, “Well, why does it have to be her?  W-what about me?”  

Solor looked at her surprised then he said with a smile “You’re right, why not you.”

Then he stood up and Asara held out her hand and as he took it he said “Let’s go to the east.”  So Solor and Asara set off for the east to create a shrine that was dedicated to the phoenix.  

When Lunar and Noch had flown far enough away they slowed down, and descended into the trees then Jason instantly let go of Lunar and jumped to a branch, then jumped down to the ground as Lunar and Noch landed. 

Lunar looked at Jason and said sadly “Sheesh you’re so mean, I’m not going to bite you or anything.”

Then she turned away from Jason and covered her face with her hands and he looked worried and said quickly “No, I didn’t mean it like that.”

“Don’t mind her,” said Noch as he went over to Jason. 

“But…” Said Jason as he looked at Lunar worried. 

Then Noch said “She’s like a kitten with a butterfly, she’s just playing with you.”

Lunar said sadly through her hands “You too, you’re so mean Noch, I can’t believe you.”

Then Noch started to worry about her, then suddenly Lunar burst out laughing and started twirling around happily as she spread her hands out and said “I can’t stand it guys are just so much fun.” 

“Lunar,” said Noch as he clenched his fist, then he started to chase her around the trees as he said “I’ll get you for this.” 

Jason just watched them, then he started to laugh.  Lunar stopped and looked at Jason, suddenly Noch ran into her and said “Ah I got you… wait I actually caught you?” After all Lunar always out ran him so this was a surprised for him.

Since he was surprised Lunar quickly got free, then ran over behind a tree and said “What was that about you catching me?”

“So anyway…” Said Jason as he got a serious look on his face once again “Should we start for the Kingdom?” 

“Yeah, but it’s kind of cold and I would like to change into something more appropriate,” said Lunar, then she added “Hey Jason do you know if there are any houses or something around here?”

“No there’s nothing,” said Jason. 

“Ok,” said Lunar as she took out a blanket, then went off to the side and hung up the blanket, then changed into black pants, a long tight black shirt, and a loose black sweater. 

Noch did the same, and he changed into black pants, and a gray long-sleeved shirt. 

“Ok, let’s get going,” said Lunar as she and Noch folded up the blankets and put them away. 

So they started up the mountain on foot. 



© 2011 MirageDreamer


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

IS this supposed to be manga????????? Of any kind? I mean.......it's kind of manga-ish in style....if you know what I mean. Again, same advice as I gave on the prologue. :) nice job so far.

Posted 12 Years Ago


As below I don't really know much about the manga universe except its in animated form so I possibly may not be very helpful. I like the way you have created quite a complex world and i like the relationships between the characters. I think you have set it up so you want to keep reading on which is good and i like the mix of action and dialouge. If i have one critisism i would cut down on the use of also in some of the discriptions.

Posted 13 Years Ago


I will freely admit that I am not the most well-versed in the manga universe, so please bear with me and ignore anything that isn't helpful. When it comes to manga stories, is there a mix of the medieval and modern? I only ask this since I noticed that the storyline is traditional medieval fantasy (dragons, arranged marriage, princess and prince, etc.), but the dialogue is incredibly modern (ok, yeah, sucks, etc.). Anyway, if this mix is common for manga, don't worry about changing it, especially if that is one of your trademark styles. However, if you are going for a traditional fantasy, I would warn that the dialogue doesn't quite work with the complex storyline you're setting up, in terms of the genre. I don't know if this helps or not, but I hope you keep working on this piece. A lot of time has gone into it!

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

416 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 12, 2011
Last Updated on March 12, 2011


Author

MirageDreamer
MirageDreamer

... who knows *shrug*..., FL



About
meow V =^-.-^= I’m an amateur writer and love writing just as much as i love reading manga, drawing, listening to music, and watching anime I write my stories while seeing them play out as.. more..

Writing