Chapter 5- Secrets and Surprises

Chapter 5- Secrets and Surprises

A Chapter by MirageDreamer

The next day Lunar woke up, then she put on the clothes that were laid out on her bed the other day.  She had on a long white and black dress, the top of her dress was white silk, and that formed a V shape at her waist, then the skirt part was black silk, at her waist the white was trimmed with silver velvet, and the sleeves were a long white silvery white silk, then as they got closer to her hands they widened out to form something like angel sleeves.  The back was quite low; it went all the way till half way down her back, and lastly she had on a thin silver crown that was a dragon going around her head, and from the center hung the silver moon that she had on before. 

There was a mirror in Lunar’s room, and when she walked by it on her way to the door and she saw what she looked like she asked to no one in particular “I-is that me?  I actually look like a princess… that’s not me at all, not me at all.” 

Then she went to the door and opened it, and on the other side was Novado.  “Oh great.” Whispered Lunar, as she walked out of the room.

“Y-you,” said Novado shocked at when she looked like. 

“You say one more word and you’ll regret it,” said Lunar annoyed as she pointed at Novado, then she added first annoyed then a little sadly, “I hate dresses, they are the complete opposite of who I am.” 

“Not that I want you to kill me or anything, but what do you mean that they are the complete opposite of who you are?” asked Novado. 

Lunar looked at him with a glare, the she said as she started walking “I grew up as a warrior, not as a princess who had to wear this kind of stuff, that’s how come I act the way I do, and I keep my weapons, and magical items with me.”

“You feel like you always have to be on guard,” said Novado as Lunar looked back at him, then he said “Oh sorry, just speaking from experience.”

“Yeah, it’s like at any point in time someone might attack me, that’s why I don’t like dresses, it’s so hard to do anything in them,” said Lunar as she looked forward and continued walking. 

The entire palace had cleared out for the ceremony, everyone was in the front of the palace. So Lunar and Novado ate, then they brought as much food back as possible for Crescent and Star, so they wouldn’t have to constantly bring food to the room.  Then for most of the day Lunar stayed in her room, then a little bit before lunch time she went out onto the balcony. 

It was around as big as her room which was pretty big.  Her room was about as big as a small house, there was even a staircase that lead up to the floor above which was also part of her room.  One of the large trees grew to the left of her balcony, and its branches spread out around and over the left side of the balcony. 

While she was out on the balcony the sun shone down brightly and the wind blew softly, then every now and then it blew harder. 

“Hey.” Called Novado from the other side of the door, then when she didn’t answer he opened it, and saw her out on the balcony. 

When he came in Crescent and Star just looked at him then they went back to playing, they enjoyed flying around the big rooms since they weren’t allowed out. 

Novado went out onto the balcony, then suddenly there was a strong wind, and it blew Lunar’s hair away from her back so Novado could see two designs on her back, they were two black identical, mirror images, designs on her shoulder blades, and he also saw that a little below her neck there was a black sun with a rainbow moon in it, and silver and gold stars in-between the black rays of the sun.  Then the wind calmed down and her hair covered the designs up again. 

“Hey.” Called Novado as Lunar turned around “Are you going to have lunch?” asked Novado as he walked over to where she was. 

“No, I’m not hungry right now,” said Lunar, then she added calmly “But if you want you should go and eat.” 

“No, I’m fine.  Hey what are you doing out here?” asked Novado. 

“Oh, well, I just thought that is seems like such a nice day and I really hate being cooped up inside no matter how big the rooms are,” said Lunar as Novado finally got to where Lunar was. 

“Say, what are those marks on your back?” asked Novado as Lunar looked at him surprised, and as he leaned on the rail. 

“Oh, those,” said Lunar as she touched the left side of the back of her neck with her right hand, and as she did the chains jingled.  “They’re nothing, just marks,” said Lunar as she looked away from Novado then she put her hand down. 

“Hey, the ceremony is going to take the rest of the day, right?” asked Novado with a playful smile. 

“Yeah, why?” asked Lunar.

“Well hurry up and change out of that,” said Novado as Lunar looked at him surprised and curiously. 

“But what about the Council?” asked Lunar. 

“They would be at the ceremony, and they can only monitor the spells when they are in that room,” said Novado. 

“Ok, then, but you stay out here,” said Lunar.

Novado said as she went into her room “As if I’d want to peek.”  Lunar looked back at him then closed the curtains. 

Then she changed into black pants, a long tight blue shirt with long sleeves, then she quickly braided her hair, but she kept the headpiece on. 

Then she went opened the curtains then ran over to Novado and asked “So where to?” 

“Well, have you ever seen an indoor ocean?” asked Novado as Lunar looked at him a little confused. 

“Here, let me show you,” said Novado as he went over to the edge of the balcony, and climbed onto a tree branch, the held out his hand for Lunar. 

Lunar looked at him, then said with a smile “I’m not a frail little princess.” Then she climbed on the tree, then they climbed down. 

“Now you can’t tell anyone about this place, only my parents and I know about this,” said Novado as they headed for one of the other trees. 

When they got to the one that they were going to Novado walked over to the trunk of the tree which must have been over five miles across and he went to a small knothole, then put his hand over it, then he said “Ok, now walk into that.” As he pointed to right next to it. 

“Are you just doing this to make me look stupid?” asked Lunar suspiciously. 

“No,” said Novado with a trusting smile, Lunar hesitated then she walk into where Novado had pointed, and expecting to run into a tree trunk, but instead walked through it, and Novado followed. 

“Wow,” said Lunar in wonder of what she saw. 

Inside the tree there was what looked like a whole other world.  There was a beach that had silver sand, and crystal blue water, it went on as far as the eye could see, and probably the most amazing thing was there was a clear blue sky with a magnificent sun.  On the beach there was a mansion that was carved out of a mountain that led right to the beach. 

“You see, I told you,” said Novado happily as he saw the expression on Lunar’s face. 

So they stayed there until five, then they went back to the palace to make sure they have enough time before the ceremony ended.  Lunar wasn’t sure why, but she felt as though someone else was there watching her, and at one point she looked back at the house and thought she saw someone in the window. 

When they were back in the palace they quickly went and ate, then they went back to Lunar’s room, then Lunar quickly changed. 

“Hey Novado, I was wondering,” said Lunar a little hesitantly. 

“Yeah?” asked Novado curiously. 

“Well… actually, never mind,” said Lunar.

Novado looked at her and asked “You were wondering?”

“Well, when we free Noch from the Councils spell what then?  Will we get rid of them, or will we cast our own spell on them, and after that what will happen to the Dragon Kingdom, how will it retain its former glory?” asked Lunar. 

“Well, I suppose that the Shadow will help us with that as well as with the Prince,” said Novado. 

“You know what, I just noticed that you’ve never said my name,” said Lunar then she looked at him suspiciously and said “You’ve never even called me Princess, what’s up with that?” 

“Well, I just don’t feel comfortable calling you either.  I mean you defiantly don’t act like any princess I know of, and since you are a princess I don’t feel comfortable calling you by your name,” said Novado.

“Oh thanks a lot,” said Lunar. 

“What it’s the truth,” said Novado. 

“Sheesh, just when I thought you changed you go and change right back,” said Lunar annoyed. 

“Well that’s kind of harsh,” said Novado starting to get annoyed. 

“Oh and like what you said isn’t,” said Lunar. 

“Touché, but still,” said Novado. 

Lunar looked at him annoyed then suddenly Noch came barging in and said “Be in the dining room soon.”

Then he left, Lunar and Novado looked at each other then Lunar looked at the door and whispered “Jackass,” then she turned to Novado and asked “So how much longer until the eclipse?”

“Four more days,” said Novado. 



© 2011 MirageDreamer


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

311 Views
Added on March 12, 2011
Last Updated on March 12, 2011


Author

MirageDreamer
MirageDreamer

... who knows *shrug*..., FL



About
meow V =^-.-^= I’m an amateur writer and love writing just as much as i love reading manga, drawing, listening to music, and watching anime I write my stories while seeing them play out as.. more..

Writing