Chapter 22- Dragon God

Chapter 22- Dragon God

A Chapter by MirageDreamer

“Jackass,” said Lunar angrily as she turned around to see if she could get out.  Suddenly she heard someone walking on the sand, and she turned around and saw a sixteen-year-old boy. 

He had the face of a god, dark blackish bright blue silk hair that was tipped with light silvery blue, dark purple eyes that had two lighter bluish purple rings that were tinted with purplish red.  His eyes seemed to look right through her, he had on all black, he had two silver bracelets that were wrist-tight dragons that went all the way around, he had on a silver dragon head piece that went all the way around his head, it looked just like Lunar’s, and a black staff that had a silver dragon spiraling up around it, then when it got to the top there was a crystal sphere that had the dragon, that was spiraling around the staff, on top of it with its wings spread out and its mouth open to show a dark indigo crystal, the bottom half could come off because it was a sheath, and it covered up a silver blade, it was just like Lunar’s that way, he had that on his back. 

When he saw her he was surprised, then when he saw her eyes, a kind of sinister smile appeared on his face.  “So you’re the girl that Novado has been talking about, I’m so glad that you came back to the kingdom,” said the boy, then he added, “But where are my manners?  I am Ikose, the Dragon God.” 

Lunar looked at him, then after a bit he asked, “And your name is?” 

“Why would you care?  After all I’m just a girl who happened to stumble in here,” said Lunar stubbornly. 

Ikose looked at her with a smile and said, “Those eyes, and that staff tell me that you’re not just a girl.  You are a daughter of the royal family as well as the Goddess of Creation, and I’m guessing that you’re the hundredth queen of the dragon kingdom, after all that is what Novado tells me.” 

Lunar looked at him then asked annoyed, “So what if I am?” 

Ikose looked at her, then his eyes became hard and seemed to darken to a dark purplish gray and he said, “Don’t push your luck, don’t forget who you’re talking to.” 

“I’m not, you were the one who betrayed the first queen, and don’t forget I’m a descendant of hers,” said Lunar with an angry look in her eyes. 

“I didn’t betray her, I just turned her into a human, and she trapped me in here for that,” said Ikose, then Lunar looked at him, then turned around and faced the door and looked for a way to open it. 

Suddenly she felt herself being turned around, and before she knew it she had her back to the door and Ikose looked at her with fire in his eyes, “I told you to not forget who you’re talking to.  When I talk to you, don’t turn your back to me, I am a god,” said Ikose as Lunar looked at him surprised.

Then she yanked her hand away and pushed him back and said angrily, “And don’t forget that I’m a goddess, but so what, seriously you think that you could be at least a little polite, but what should I expect you’re a god, you’re way above that, after all if you have so much power why bother being nice.”

Ikose looked at her surprised, then his face went back to normal and he asked trying to be polite as his eyes went back to normal, “Can you tell me your name?” 

Lunar looked at him then she said “Lunar, now can I leave?” 

Then Ikose asked politely, “If I tell you the way out will you come back tomorrow, after all I can’t get out?” 

Lunar looked at him surprised then she said, “What’s this?  You’re acting nice.” 

“Hey look you, I’m trying, I’m not use to having a female around,” said Ikose a little annoyed then he looked away when Lunar gave him an amused smile.

Then she said, “Sure, I guess I’ll come tomorrow, why not.” 

“The way to get out is to put your sword in that hole in the rock, then to just walk through the door,” said Ikose as Lunar unsheathed her sword, but before she put it in the stone Ikose asked, “Could you, s-stay a little longer?” 

Lunar looked at him suspiciously then asked, “Why?” 

“Well I just wanted to know what the outside world is like, after all I’m sure it’s changed in the past couple hundred years,” said Ikose as Lunar looked at him.

Then she said as she sheathed her sword, “I don’t really know much about the kingdom since I’ve been away from it.” 

“Well why’d you leave?” asked Ikose as Lunar gave him a little glare. 

“No reason, just I didn’t feel like staying here anymore,” said Lunar as she remembered that he was the reason Crescent and Star were killed. 

“Oh, well how are the places that you have been?” asked Ikose. 

“Well, the Phoenix Kingdom fell about ten years ago, the Moon Shrine is doing well, but they are thinking of combining with the Sun Shrine, huh, let’s see… oh yeah, and from what I heard more and more kingdoms are starting to hear about the Dragon Kingdom,” said Lunar as she remembered where she had been. 

“Huh, that sounds boring,” said Ikose as he listened. 

Lunar looked at him then said annoyed, “Hello that was my life.  I’m sure that it doesn’t compare to yours and all but still.” 

“You don’t have to get so defensive,” said Ikose as he looked at her with an annoyed glare. 

Lunar looked at him then said annoyed, “I think I should go, it’s getting late, and I still have that idiot, Novado, to beat-up.”

Then she started for the rock, then she stuck her sword in it, and as she was about to go through the door she heard Ikose say trying to be polite and make it not sound like an order, “See you tomorrow.” 

Lunar turned around and said, “Sure.” 

Then she left, when she got back she didn’t see Novado anywhere so she decided to get some dinner, then see about hunting him down.  So she ate, then looked for Novado, but she couldn’t find him, so at around ten she just decided to stop looking and go to bed. 

The next day Lunar woke up, got dressed, then got some stuff to eat, she noticed that Hope went off to the Council room.  “Well as long as she’s safe, but if she ends up hurt I’ll destroy them,” said Lunar as she walked down the hall then out of the palace. 

She went over to the tree, and looked for the knothole, that took a little while, then when she found it she asked herself before she stuck her sword in it, “Why the heck am I going?”  Then she brushed that question out of her head and went in. 

When she got to the other side, she saw Ikose sitting on a stone that was a little way up the side of the mountain, when he saw her he jumped down and asked as he went over to her, “What took you so long, I had to wait?” 

Lunar looked at him, then said annoyed, “Be thankful I actually came.” 

“Why would I be thankful, after all you said you would,” said Ikose as Lunar looked at him.

Then she said as she took her staff and put her hand on the sheath, “Ok, well I came, now I can go.” 

“No, stay,” snapped Ikose. 

Lunar looked at him, then said, “How about a please stay.” 

“Me ask someone to do something?” said Ikose as if that was the most absurd thing he had ever heard. 

Lunar looked at him annoyed then said, “Well fine I’ll just go then.” 

Again Ikose said, “No.”  But then he paused and asked, “Could you stay?” 

Lunar gave him a smile, then said, “That’s more like it.” 

Ikose looked away from her annoyed, then asked, “So anything new outside?” 

“No, not really, just same old same old,” said Lunar. 

She stayed there till almost dinner then she left.  Each day was something like that for the next three weeks, then one day Lunar looked at the Shadow and found the entry that mentioned Ikose and how to free him.

It said that to free him all that she needed to do was say, “I free thee from thy chains of solitude.”  She wanted to know that so that she would be careful not to.



© 2011 MirageDreamer


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

285 Views
Added on March 12, 2011
Last Updated on June 7, 2011


Author

MirageDreamer
MirageDreamer

... who knows *shrug*..., FL



About
meow V =^-.-^= I’m an amateur writer and love writing just as much as i love reading manga, drawing, listening to music, and watching anime I write my stories while seeing them play out as.. more..

Writing