Chapter 12- Needed

Chapter 12- Needed

A Chapter by MirageDreamer

“Dang, Novado can be such a pain, it’s his fault for not getting bread when he noticed that there wasn’t any, it’s not like he has to get so freeken angry,” said Lunar annoyed as she came in with her hair wet, and in her night time clothes. 

“Hey are you two up there?” called Lunar up the stairs, then she waited and after a bit she heard a meow.  Then she went over to the glass door grabbed her sword and talisman, then went outside.  She went over to the edge then looked over to the stone fortress and thought of the vision that she had, then she thought about her future. 

“This is just great, all of my thoughts are so depressing,” said Lunar to herself, then she heard someone jump onto the balcony, she quickly looked and saw Ulex.  She put her hand on her sword as he saw her. 

“Ah, so I was right, this is your room,” said Ulex as he started over to her. 

“What the, how did you know I lived here?” asked Lunar annoyed. 

“I followed you,” said Ulex as he stopped about four feet away from her. 

“Why’d you do that, I have no business with you, and you have none with me,” said Lunar annoyed. 

“Huh, you certainly have a different personality in here than out there,” said Ulex. 

“Well out there, I have to watch myself, in here I don’t,” said Lunar. 

Then Ulex asked, “Anyway, so what are you a noble or something?”

Lunar looked at him annoyed and asked, “What’s that supposed to mean, ‘a noble or something’?”

“Well, I know that you can’t be a princess, after all it was said that she was killed, so the only other thing that you could be is a noble, after all I don’t think a servant would get this kind of room,” said Ulex. 

“Why would you care?” asked Lunar annoyed. 

“Well, I’m just curious,” said Ulex with a soft smile. 

Lunar looked at him suspiciously then said, “Shouldn’t you be going, after all it wouldn’t be right for the prince of the Serpent Kingdom to be talking to me.”

“Why not?” asked Ulex curious as to why she said that.

“Because, I’m not worth it, I’m not worth anyone’s time,” said Lunar annoyed as she remembered Inferro and Novado’s first reaction to her. 

“Who said that?” asked Ulex. 

Lunar looked at him annoyed and said stubbornly, “It’s none of your business, so why don’t you just leave.” 

“Well, I can see you won’t tell me anything,” said Ulex, then he added as he started to leave, “See you tomorrow.”

“Hah, don’t count on it,” said Lunar annoyed as she went back into her room.  Ulex looked at her as she went in, then she turned around, gave him a glare, then shut the curtains.  Ulex couldn’t help but let out a little laugh, then he left. 

The next day Lunar got up, and got dressed in her Black Nova clothes, then she left, while she was flying on her sword around the kingdom she saw Co, Senk, and Thilo, but they seemed to be looking for someone instead of causing trouble. 

As she flew toward the gates she saw a carriage come through it, and she saw Noch in the carriage.  “What?  What is he doing back so soon?” asked Lunar as she quickly flew towards the palace, then went into her room, changed into the blue dress. 

Then about ten minutes after she had changed Noch came in and said in his usual tone, “Come with me.”  Lunar just followed without saying anything. 

She followed him to a door, then he said, “Wait here until I call you in.” 

Lunar just smiled her sickenly sweet smile and said, “Yes your majesty.” Then Noch left, a little bit later he called Lunar in.  When she entered the room there sitting on a couch was Ulex, and another boy.  Ulex looked at Lunar surprised as she came over to them, and Lunar looked at him with a tint of annoyance in her eyes. 

The other boy had fire red hair, yellow eyes, and five bright red dots, and he had on all red, and he had a double-sided silver spear which was made so that both sides could come out and there were two silver bladed swords. 

“Lunar this is Ulex, and Flare, they are the princes of the Serpent Kingdom, the kingdom that will help the Dragon Kingdom return to its former glory,” said Noch, then suddenly she remembered what Sorora and Clo said that Noch said about their parents.

And as she did she clenched her fists, but still kept the smile on her face “It’s very nice to meet you, and I’m so glad that you are going to assist his majesty.” 

Noch then said as both Ulex and Flare saw Lunar clenching her fists, “They will be staying with us in the palace, so I expect you to not cause them any trouble while they are here.” 

“Of course, I won’t cause any trouble for them,” said Lunar not knowing how much longer she could hold her fury back. 

“Good, you are dismissed, oh, but before you go I should tell you Inferro and Novado will no longer be able to watch you, and they will move back into their own rooms, so behave yourself.” 

Lunar gave the same smile she always gave him then she said, “I will do my best, your majesty.”

“Good, you better,” said Noch. 

Lunar was about to yell at him then suddenly she stopped curtsied then said, “I will.”

Then she left the room, and Ulex and Flare heard Lunar wham the wall, but Noch didn’t seem to notice then when Lunar was outside she heard Ulex said, “So Lunar is the princess, but…”

Then he was silent and Noch said, “I’m sorry about her, she’s so ill-behaved, and I should have had her put on something more appropriate, that dress is so peasant-like.”

Lunar quietly walked to her room, then when she was in there she gently closed the door, then she walked over to the wall and struck it as hard as she could letting out all of her anger, then suddenly the wall shook and a crack appeared. 

Lunar at first didn’t noticed it and she said, “That damn, freeken, moronic, idiot, I swear, I’ll kill him.”

When she finally had calmed down she realized two things, one, there was a crack in the wall, and two her hands were covered in blood. 

She then went over to the window, looked up at the sky, fell to her knees and began to cry.  Then for some reason she instantly stopped and looked out the window again. 

Then suddenly the sky turned bright blue, then all of the color came to one point and shot down and hovered over the palace.  

Lunar really quickly washed her hands off, then she took some fresh bandages, and flew out of the palace as she started to wrap them around her hand.  She looked up and saw a pillar of bright blue over the palace, then suddenly the pillar spread out and formed a dragon, then it shot up into the sky and disappeared.  After about five minutes Lunar went back into her room, and she stayed there for the rest of the day. 

That night before she went to bed she went out onto her balcony and looked up at the moon.  Suddenly someone jumped down onto her balcony, when she looked she saw Ulex and Flare. 

“What are you doing here?” asked Lunar annoyed as she addressed the question to Ulex. 

“I wanted to know something,” said Ulex as they both walked over to her. 

“Yeah, what?” asked Lunar annoyed. 

“Are your hands ok?” asked Flare politely. 

Lunar looked at him with a glare, then hid her hand said as she looked away, “Yeah.” 

“Hey, has the Prince always been like that?” asked Ulex expecting to see Lunar glare at him, and it came as a shock when she didn’t.

She looked at him with sadness in her eyes, then she said, “No, he wasn’t always an asinine idiot.”  Then her expression changed from sadness to pure anger, “It was that Council, I swear one day I’ll get even with them if it’s the last thing I do.  Because of them my life has been miserable ever since I got here.”  Then Lunar leaned on the rail and faced Ulex and Flare, then she asked, “So anyway what are you two doing here?” 

“We’re here to help restore the Dragon Kingdom, that’s what that spell was for that you saw it was to let the world know that the Dragon Kingdom is back,” said Ulex. 

“That’s not what she means,” said Flare. 

“Yeah, what are you guys doing down here, on my balcony, you’re in this palace as Noch’s guests.  That means that you have absolutely no business with me, and me with you,” said Lunar as she looked at them waiting for the answer. 

“We thought that we could talk, and that you might be able to help us with something,” said Flare. 

“Hah, how could I do that, I’m just a useless girl, at least that’s what everyone says,” said Lunar as Flare and Ulex looked at her. 

“Well, you see there’s something very special about you,” said Ulex. 

“And what might that?” asked Lunar as she folded her arms. 

“You are the one hundredth descendant of the first queen, but there is something else, something mysteriously powerful,” said Flare, then he added, “It shows quite clearly in your eyes.” 

Lunar looked at them then asked, “You said that there was something you needed help with?” 

“We were wondering if you could help us find an ancient kingdom that is said to have been the home to the most powerful people ever, they were skilled in magic and in weaponry, it is said that in every generation there is one living descendant even though they are not related at all, it’s like they were chosen.  So anyway there’s one from each of the first five kingdoms, and one from the Serpent Kingdom, the Falcon Kingdom, the Fox kingdom, the Fish Kingdom, the Wolf Kingdom, and lastly there’s one from one of the legendary kingdoms,” said Ulex. 

“Yeah, Ulex is the one from the Serpent Kingdom, and I’m from the Fox Kingdom, I just said I was from the Serpent Kingdom to get in here,” said Flare. 

“Well then what about the other three?” asked Lunar.

 “They’re all back at a mansion that we made in the mountains,” said Ulex. 

“Why do you want my help?” asked Lunar as she looked at them a little confused.

“Because of what I said before, you have something mysteriously powerful, you must be the one from the legendary kingdom,” said Flare as Lunar turned around and looked up at the moon.

Then she said with a smile, “If it will get me out of here sure, that is as long as your warriors quit tormenting the people of this kingdom.” 

“Done,” said Ulex as Lunar turned around and looked at both of them with a smile. 

“What’s that smile for?” asked Ulex. 

“You two are the first who haven’t told me how useless I am compared to Noch…” said Lunar then she lost her smile and said, “that is yet.” 

“We’re not going to say you’re useless, and the only reason we agreed to come here with Noch was to meet the princess of this land, because we’ve heard rumors about you,” said Flare. 

“Rumors?” asked Lunar interested. 

“Like how you’re really good with swords, and magic even though growing up you didn’t have much access to any magical school,” said Ulex with an unusual smile. 



© 2011 MirageDreamer


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

278 Views
Added on March 12, 2011
Last Updated on March 12, 2011


Author

MirageDreamer
MirageDreamer

... who knows *shrug*..., FL



About
meow V =^-.-^= I’m an amateur writer and love writing just as much as i love reading manga, drawing, listening to music, and watching anime I write my stories while seeing them play out as.. more..

Writing