Chapter 8

Chapter 8

A Chapter by Tina Kline

    After his Wolf Parents left Mr. Hunter left the house and hurried across the Village to Miss Starfire and Mr. Stalker’s house. He needed to see his Wolf Twin more than ever now. He felt awful over what had happened with his Wolf Mother and felt really awful for the part he had played in it. He desperately needed comfort and reassurance and his Wolf Twin was the only one who could give it to him.

    Mr. Hunter was walking almost blind, not paying any attention to anyone around him. He was consumed by his torturous thoughts. It wasn’t until someone got directly in his way and blocked his forward progress that he came back to reality. Mr. Hunter blinked rapidly several times. He saw it was Mr. Thunder blocking his way. His surprise and irritation faded.

    “Where are you going so fast Mr. Hunter? And why are you ignoring everyone who greets you?” Mr. Thunder asked.

     “I don’t know. I’ve just got things on my mind.” mumbled Mr. Hunter. He wished Mr. Thunder would go away so he could be with Miss Starfire.

    Mr. Thunder looked at him closely. He could tell Mr. Hunter was upset about something. He could also tell Mr. Hunter was eager to be on his way.

     Mr. Thunder sighed. Even though he was curious about what was going on with Mr. Hunter he decided it wasn’t his place to try and figure out. “Well, enjoy yourself.” Mr. Thunder said stepping out of the way.

    “Okay, you too.” Mr. Hunter continued on his rush to Miss Starfire’s house.

    Seeing the direction Mr. Hunter was headed made Mr. Thunder really curious now. It looked like he was headed for his Wolf Sister’s house. Suddenly Mr. Thunder decided he really did want to know what was going on with Mr. Hunter and he headed off to follow him.

 

    Looking out a window Miss Starfire saw Mr. Hunter approaching. Oh no! She thought. I can’t deal with this! I can’t keep Mating with him! I won’t know who the real Wolf Father of my Wolf Child is! She stepped away from her window quickly before Mr. Hunter spotted her.

    Miss Starfire felt panicky. She knew this moment would come and now that it was here she didn’t know what to do. She would pretend like she wasn’t home. That might work. Would Mr. Hunter open up his senses wide to check to see if she were really inside or would he just accept she wasn’t home and go away? Miss Starfire couldn’t decide. She hurried into her bedroom and shut the door.

    Go away Mr. Hunter! Go away! She kept her thoughts blocked so he wouldn’t be able to hear them. Sitting cross legged on her bed she heard Mr. Hunter come up the steps of the porch and knock on her door.

    Squeezing her eyes shut Miss Starfire ignored his knock. He knocked louder. Still Miss Starfire kept her eyes squeezed shut and continued ignoring his knocking. After a few minutes he stopped knocking, went back down the steps of the porch and came around the side of the house.

    Oh no! Miss Starfire thought, he’s checking to see if I’m really home!

    Mr. Hunter knocked on the side of the house. “I know you’re in there my sweet Wolf Sister. Wake up and let me in.”

    Miss Starfire opened her eyes. He thinks I’m sleeping! I’ll just keep pretending I’m sleeping! She didn’t move and shut her eyes tight again.

   She heard Mr. Hunter walking outside her bedroom. He rapped loudly on the window. “Wake up! Wake up!” He called.

    Miss Starfire felt her resolve weakening. She couldn’t keep this up. She had to let him in. Guilt was setting in for this deception she was playing on her Wolf Brother. It was Mr. Hunter, her Wolf Twin, after all. She opened her eyes again and took a deep breath.

    “Come on my Wolf Twin! Wake up and let me in. I need you!” Mr. Hunter called from outside her bedroom window.

    Sighing, realizing she had lost her battle she called out in a fake sleepy voice, “Oh! Oh! Mr. Hunter.” She faked a big loud yawn, “Oh, you woke me up!”

    “Let me in Miss Starfire.”

    “Okay. I’m getting up.” She scrambled off her bed and headed for the door. At the same time she heard Mr. Hunter moving back around the house to the door.

    As she reached the door she heard someone outside say something to Mr. Hunter. She recognized Mr. Thunder’s voice. Frowning now she opened the door and stepped out onto the porch.

    “Hey Mr. Thunder, following me, are you?” Mr. Hunter asked in a forced cheerful voice.

    “No. I just happen to be going in the same direction.” Mr. Thunder looked up at Miss Starfire as she emerged onto the porch. He smiled when he saw her. “Hi there Miss Starfire.” He still thought her very pretty and desirable and he still wished she’d been his Mate.

    “I have things to do with my Wolf Sister so I’ll see you later Mr. Thunder.” Mr. Hunter said.

    “No. No. Let Mr. Thunder visit. You’re here to see me?” Miss Starfire asked Mr. Thunder.

    Wondering at the panic in her voice Mr. Thunder decided to play along with this game of his and Miss Starfire’s. There was obviously something going on between Miss Starfire and Mr. Hunter that was upsetting her. “Yes I am.” He glanced at Mr. Hunter. He wondered with some alarm at the anger he saw in his eyes.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 



© 2010 Tina Kline


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Mr. Thunder saving the day! Awesome!

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

141 Views
1 Review
Added on November 19, 2010
Last Updated on November 19, 2010


Author

Tina Kline
Tina Kline

OR



About
When Venus gets too close catfish have been known to come up out of the water onto the shore, feed awhile, then go back in. It's business as usual in the Apocalypse. And business is very good right.. more..

Writing
1 1

A Chapter by Tina Kline


2 2

A Chapter by Tina Kline


3 3

A Chapter by Tina Kline