Chapter 17

Chapter 17

A Chapter by Tina Kline


  

    By the time Mr. Hunter walked into the kitchen Mr. Black was just finishing up preparing their meal of freshly killed cubed raw meat. He put the wooden bowl of cubed meat on the table. Mr. Black looked up as his Wolf Son came in.

    “Mr. Hunter. Just in time for the meal.” Mr. Black placed a pitcher of chilled water in the center of the table.”

    “Dad. I’ve perfect timing, you know.” Mr. Hunter sat down.

    “Yes, you do. That talent will serve you well in the future.” Mr. Black placed drinking glasses at each place.

    Louise came in and smiled, pleased to see Mr. Hunter already sitting at the table. He had seemed perfectly fine when he had answered her knock on his bedroom door. He was pleasant even, acting as if their ugly encounter had never happened. Mr. Hunter had assured her he’d be at the table to share the meal with them. Louise shared a quick kiss with Mr. Black and sat down. Mr. Black sat down too.   

    Louise glanced at Mr. Black then turned her attention to Mr. Hunter. He was contently chewing a piece of meat he’d bitten off from a cube of meat.

    “So, Mr. Hunter. Are you looking forward to joining Armand at the Meeting House?” Louise asked him.

    He glanced at her and shook his head no.

    “Why not?” she asked.

    He finished chewing and swallowing. “That sort of activity doesn’t interest me. I don’t want to make those sorts of decisions.”

    “Armand is.” Louise said.

    “He can be Pack Leader. I don’t want to be.”

    “What do you want, my Wolf Son?” Mr. Black asked him.

    A little surprised at the question, expecting much harsher questions after the unpleasant incident with his Wolf Mom, Mr. Hunter looked at his Wolf Dad and said, “Just to live.”

    Mr. Black raised his eyebrows at the answer. “And what of your Wolf Twin Miss Starfire?”

    Mr. Hunter felt a stab of fear in his gut at this very unexpected question. Do they know? How could they? Miss Starfire wouldn’t tell them or would she? He glanced at both his Wolf Parents. It unnerved him the way they were watching him so closely. Did Mr. Stalker find out? He’d tell Mom and Dad without hesitation. “Um. Miss Starfire? Why are you asking me that?” He tried to slow down his pounding heart. He wasn’t being very successful. He knew his Wolf Parents could pick up on it if they wanted to.

    “You’re not bothering her, are you?” His Wolf Mother asked.

    “What? Me?”

    “Yes you Mr. Hunter.” Mr. Black said.

    The meal on the table was forgotten for the moment. The tension in the kitchen was running high and no one was interested in eating during this discussion.

    “Why would I bother Miss Starfire?”

    “Oh, for the pleasure.” said Mr. Black, leaning back in his chair, taking on a casual position that was anything but casual.

     Mr. Hunter felt himself grow hot, his skin flushed. He wasn’t sure if he was feeling anger or embarrassment. Maybe shame even. He realized his Wolf Parents only suspected him. They didn’t know for sure. He took a deep calming breath. “No, I’m not. Miss Starfire is Mated now.”

    “Would that stop you?” Mr. Black asked.

    “Mr. Stalker would stop me and rightly so.” replied Mr. Hunter. He hated being dishonest with his Wolf Parents but knew he had to. It would go very badly for all of them if the truth were out. Being one of the Pack Leader’s Wolf Son’s and behaving in such a way with his Wolf Sister just wouldn’t go over well. Perhaps I’d better leave Miss Starfire alone for a while, Mr. Hunter told himself.

    “You and Miss Starfire are not pleasuring each other?” Louise asked.

    “No!” Mr. Hunter said. “We’re close, of course, but not that close!” He just wished the conversation would end. He felt too uncomfortable discussing this, and guilty for his dishonesty.

    “Well, Mr. Hunter, I want to believe you. I will believe you. I trust I won’t regret my trust in you.” Mr. Black said looking directly at Mr. Hunter.

    Mr. Hunter stared back, his green eyes radiant and emotional. “You won’t Dad.”

    “And I expect better control from you in the future. If you ever try to strike your Wolf Mother again it will go badly for you. Do we have an understanding Son?” Mr. Black said.

    Mr. Hunter felt the awful pain of shame flood his body. He looked down. “Yes, we have an understanding Dad.”

    Mr. Black smiled, hoping his trust wasn’t misplaced. He looked at his Mate who was watching him. She gave him a small smile. They understood each other without speaking. They wanted to trust their Wolf Son and would but that wasn’t going to stop them from keeping a close watch on him.

    “I want you to come to the Meeting House with me when we’re finished with our meal. I want you to learn how to handle Pack Business. Perhaps you’ll take to it, perhaps not but I want you to have the skill to deal with Pack Business in case you’re called upon in an emergency.” Mr. Black said to Mr. Hunter.

    Mr. Hunter knew better than to protest. Besides, it wouldn’t hurt him to learn. He really did need to be occupied so he wouldn’t dwell on Mating with Miss Starfire. Mr. Hunter picked up a cubed piece of raw meat and before he popped it into his mouth said, “Okay. I really do want to learn all that. Maybe I’ll discover I’m suited to it after all.” He popped the cube of raw meat into his mouth and started chewing.

    Louise smiled at Mr. Hunter, “I’m glad you’re taking the positive side of this.”

    “So am I Son.” Mr. Black said.

    Mr. Hunter smiled at them both and concentrated on his meal. Louise and Mr. Black did as well.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 



© 2010 Tina Kline


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Well, the plot thickens, wonder what way Mr. Hunter is going to turn? Will he leave his twin alone? Hmmm.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Nice to read another chapter. I wonder if this is really going to solve the 'Mr. Hunter' problem.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

156 Views
2 Reviews
Added on December 26, 2010
Last Updated on December 26, 2010


Author

Tina Kline
Tina Kline

OR



About
When Venus gets too close catfish have been known to come up out of the water onto the shore, feed awhile, then go back in. It's business as usual in the Apocalypse. And business is very good right.. more..

Writing
1 1

A Chapter by Tina Kline


2 2

A Chapter by Tina Kline


3 3

A Chapter by Tina Kline