Chapter 19

Chapter 19

A Chapter by Tina Kline

    When Armand, Quetzal and Jennifer reached the house Miss Feather was waiting for them on the porch. Armand stared up at her, imagining her curled up in a miserable ball weeping for him. He kept the smile this scene created off his face.

    “Miss Feather. It’s been a while.” Armand said starting up the steps.

    “Mom.” Jennifer cried, shooting past him and flinging herself in her mother’s arms.

    Quetzal mounted the steps behind Armand.

    “My sweetie!” Miss Feather caught Jennifer and lifted her up into her arms. “My, you’re becoming a big girl.”

    “I am! I am!” Jennifer looked at Quetzal who was behind Armand. Quetzal smiled, waving back at her, not even bothering to try and hide his love for her.

    Alex opened the door and smiled wide when he saw Armand, “Hey Dad! Coming to visit?”

    “Indeed I am.” Armand said.

    Miss Feather, holding Jennifer in her arms, led the way into the house.

    Armand frowned a little at the fact she hadn’t even greeted him. She’ll be greeting me soon enough. I won’t let her get away, he thought with determination. I know she loves me and wants me, that’s all the power I need to win her back.

 

    Mr. Stalker headed out of the house determined to put an end to Mr. Hunter’s pursuing his Mate. Mr. Hunter needs to find another female Wolf Person and leave his Wolf Sister alone. Being Son of the Pack Leader should make it easier for Mr. Hunter to find a willing female. If Mr. Hunter refuses to look he doesn’t need to expect Miss Starfire to fill the void. Mr. Stalker growled angrily thinking Mr. Hunter had Mated with his Mate.

    Miss Starfire followed after him. She didn’t realize it but she was wringing her hands, her worry for Mr. Hunter making her feel ill. She wanted to fling herself at Mr. Stalker’s feet and beg him not to harm her Wolf Brother. She really wanted to but she wouldn’t. She knew her and Mr. Hunter’s relationship was wrong and had to end no matter how pleasurable it had been.

    Mr. Stalker was walking fast, taking long strides that rapidly ate up the distance as he headed toward Mr. Black’s house where Mr. Hunter lived. Miss Starfire had to take little running steps every few feet to keep up with him.

    What’s he going to do? What’s he going to do? Miss Starfire wondered in her rising panic. She didn’t want a big scene. She didn’t want the whole Village to know what she’d done. And this information if it got out would rapidly spread to the other Packs.

    Finally Miss Starfire grabbed a hold of his arm to stop him. Her Wolf Parent’s home was just ahead of them. “Mr. Stalker!” She said in a pleading tone. “Stop please.”

    Mr. Stalker did, looking down at her, trying not to feel annoyed. He just wanted this whole unpleasant business with Mr. Hunter taken care of and behind him. “What is it?”

    “What are you going to do? You just can’t go in there screaming all kinds of wild accusations.”

    “Why not?”

    Miss Starfire laughed in disbelief and confusion at his question. It was a painful and hysterical laugh. “Can’t you try being discreet?”

    Mr. Stalker blew out a loud rush of air. He ran a hand through his shoulder length iron grey hair. “I could be.”

    “Please.”

    “Miss Starfire, I want this matter resolved. I want to know you will never Mate with your Wolf Twin again.”

    Cringing Miss Starfire looked nervously about, afraid someone might hear him. The Wolf People were all going about their own personal business, no one paying them any special attention. Still, Miss Starfire made a low hissing sound. “Be quiet!”

    Mr. Stalker almost laughed at her behavior but he wasn’t in a mood to appreciate how childish she was acting. But then, maybe Miss Starfire did have a good reason to want to be so secretive. “Okay. Okay.”

     “Good. I’ll go get Mr. Hunter and bring him out here.”

    Mr. Stalker raised his eyebrows in mock surprise. “And he’ll really come out here and have a civilized discussion with me about not pleasuring himself with my Mate?”

    Miss Starfire suddenly looked tired and defeated. “No, I’m sure he wouldn’t.”

    Mr. Stalker crossed his arms over his chest, “Then I should go inside and drag him out.”

    “Mom and Dad wouldn’t just let you do that.”

    “No. But I’ll explain why.”

    “Mr. Stalker! That would shame me! My Wolf Parents will be so disappointed in me!”

    Mr. Stalker growled, a low rumbling sound. “This is what will happen, my love. You will tell whatever story you need to, to get your Wolf Brother outside. If you won’t or can’t I go in and explain to Louise and Mr. Black why I’m here and what I plan on doing. Okay?”

    Miss Starfire nodded yes it was okay. Without a word she turned and walked the rest of the way to the house. Mr. Stalker noticed how she held her back rigid, her head up and her steps firm. But he knew his sweet Mate was feeling turmoil in her heart, fearful for her Wolf Brother and her Wolf Parents finding out her shameful secret.

 

 

 

 

 

 



© 2011 Tina Kline


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Such goings on! I'm loving this awesome book. Miss Starfire is lucky Mr. Stalker considered her feelings seeing as she was the one behaving badly.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Mr. Stalker needs to take charge.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

163 Views
2 Reviews
Added on January 8, 2011
Last Updated on January 8, 2011


Author

Tina Kline
Tina Kline

OR



About
When Venus gets too close catfish have been known to come up out of the water onto the shore, feed awhile, then go back in. It's business as usual in the Apocalypse. And business is very good right.. more..

Writing
1 1

A Chapter by Tina Kline


2 2

A Chapter by Tina Kline


3 3

A Chapter by Tina Kline