Chapter 15

Chapter 15

A Chapter by Tina Kline

    As they reached the boundary line between the shadowy Douglas Fir and Broadleaf Maple forest and their Village Mr. Black and Louise paused to look at each other. Around them came the haunting sounds of the forest, high and sharp cries of night birds, the whooting of owls calling back and forth to each other from their lofty perches, the distant voices of coyotes yapping and barking and the nearby songs of Wolf People singing into the dark while in their Wolf Forms.

    Louise and Mr. Black shape shifted back into their human forms. Louise looked up at Mr. Black with a satisfied smile on her face. He was smiling down at her looking just as satisfied. They both had places on their bodies where blood and gore was smeared.

    Then Louise let out a rush of air and said, “The fun is now over and we need to deal with our Wolf Twins.”

    Mr. Black pulled her into his arms, “Don’t worry my sweet plaything. We’ll deal with this problem and do it right this time.”

     Louise relaxed in her Mate’s arms, sighing contently, wishing she could stay there forever. “Yes, we’ll make sure this time.”

    They heard several Wolf People passing nearby. “Shall we go?” Mr. Black asked.

    “Yes.”

    She stepped away from him and Mr. Black put his arm around her waist. Side by side they entered the Village and walked the short distance to their house. Once inside Mr. Black and Louise were relieved that Mr. Hunter was home and in his room. Before they talked to him they wanted to shower and rest a while.

     “Shall we shower together?” Mr. Black asked Louise in a soft voice.

    Louise laughed a seductive purring laugh. “Let’s. Then we can slowly dry each other off.”

    “And after that we can warm each other up in bed.”

    They stood next to the bathroom door, their radiant eyes roaming over each other’s blood and gore smeared bodies.

    “Let’s go do it.” said Louise.

    “Turn the fantasy into reality.”

    They rushed into the bathroom and were in the hot shower in record time.

 

    “Alex!” Miss Feather cried in a shrill voice.

    Alex got a rebellious look on his face. “Why? Why can’t you and dad be Mates?”

    “Son.” said Armand. “Get control of yourself.”

    “NO!” Alex stamped his foot in frustration. “I want a family!” His hands became fists and a growl rumbled out of him.

     Both Armand and Miss Feather stared down at their Wolf Son in surprise. Then they looked at each other with pleased smiles on their faces.

    This is the first time Alex has shown any Wolf People behavior, Armand said telepathically to Miss Feather.

    It is. She paused. This is the first time we’ve talked like this since my…return.

    Armand smiled. Talking mind to mind was much more intimate. Yes it is.

    They were both blocking their thoughts so Alex wouldn’t accidentally pick up on their telepathic conversation.

    Alex watched his parents, a suspicious look on his face. He looked from one to the other, his suspicious look fading along with his rebellious feelings. He had lived long enough with the Wolf People to know his parents were having a Mind Conversation. That’s how Alex thought of it. And the expressions on his parent’s faces were pleasant ones so he knew they weren’t fighting.

    Alex picked up his tool box and looked around. He wouldn’t push his parents anymore for now. They were paying attention to each other, private attention, which was good enough for the moment. Alex headed for the door, I’ll give them physical privacy as well, he thought with a sly smile on his face. He didn’t get very far. Both Armand and Miss Feather noticed the direction he was heading.

    “Where are you going Son? I thought you were willing to do some of your intricate carving for me?” Armand said.

    Alex whirled. He saw both his parents were watching him now. “Oh, I thought you two wanted to be alone.”  

    “Get over here!” Armand said with a smile. “Get busy with your carving.”

    With a little sheepish grin Alex walked over to his dad.

    “The chest and two chairs are in this empty room.” Armand crossed over to one of the closed doors and opened it. The window in the room was wide open and fresh air filled the room. Inside was a bed lacking bedding, a dresser, shelf and the two chairs and a chest.

    Alex went to look at the 3 pieces of furniture waiting for his attention. “I can carve these.” He said.

    “Good.” Armand said with a smile. “I appreciate it. I like your work Son.”

    Alex smiled at his dad and opened his tool box. Armand left him to his work.

    Miss Feather was sitting on the couch when Armand entered the room. He sat down beside her.

    “We need to talk about us.” Armand said.

    Miss Feather sighed. She’d rather not. She looked down at her hands.

    Armand placed one of his hands over hers. “I love you Miss Feather. I never stopped loving you. When you were taken from our world into the Human World I believed you were lost forever. I know from the stories my Wolf Mother tells that the Human World is vast and complicated.”

     “It is big and confusing.” agreed Miss Feather.

    “Do you still love me Miss Feather?”

    Miss Feather suddenly wanted to cry. She still loved Armand but didn’t want to admit it. Wouldn’t admit it.

    “Well?”

    All she could do was make a small choked sound. Listening from the other room Alex felt his mother’s pain. He started carving fiercely.

    “Miss Feather? Do you love me?” Armand asked in a gentle voice.

 

 

 

 

 

 



© 2010 Tina Kline


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Wow, wow, the tension is building. What is Miss Feather going to say?

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Great chapter. I sure hope Miss Feather says yes. For some reason I'd feel crushed if she doesn't. I'll be waiting anxiously for the next chapter to be posted!!!

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Awww, good time for armand and Miss feather look like they are just on the horizon :-) Hopefully Mr Hunter and correct his behavior and be happy also.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

437 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on December 15, 2010
Last Updated on December 15, 2010


Author

Tina Kline
Tina Kline

OR



About
When Venus gets too close catfish have been known to come up out of the water onto the shore, feed awhile, then go back in. It's business as usual in the Apocalypse. And business is very good right.. more..

Writing
1 1

A Chapter by Tina Kline


2 2

A Chapter by Tina Kline


3 3

A Chapter by Tina Kline