Chapter 20

Chapter 20

A Chapter by Tina Kline

    Everyone was squeezed into the front room, laughing, talking and just enjoying each other. Armand watched Miss Feather, trying hard not to give into his frustrations. Alex and Jennifer were on the floor with Quetzal, engaging in mock fighting. Mr. Grey and Moonshine were watching them, laughing and cheering them on. Miss Feather did as well, but Armand caught her glancing at him a few times. He felt like howling his frustrations.

    Miss Feather’s avoiding him had to stop. And he would make it. Yes, she had her reasons to be angry with him. Yes, she had reason to feel hurt and betrayed but all that was behind them now and he wanted to make it nothing more than an unpleasant memory for both of them in their new found happiness together.

    He wanted Miss Feather. He didn’t want to wait any longer and he wouldn’t. He stood up. No one noticed him doing so but Miss Feather. He smiled grimly. Yes, the moment was now. He stepped over Jennifer who was stretched out on the floor laughing at Quetzal and Alex who were acting like silly fools for her enjoyment.

    Moonshine noticed him but wasn’t concerned. Mr. Grey glanced at him, then went back to watching Quetzal wrestling with Jennifer and Alex. Moonshine kept watching him but tried not to be too obvious. She knew what was going on. She wasn’t oblivious to the strong attraction between Armand and her Wolf Daughter. Armand turned his full attention onto Miss Feather. She was very much aware Armand was standing behind her where she sat in the chair ignoring him.

    “Miss Feather.” Armand said.

    She looked up at him. “Yes?”

    “Let’s go for a walk.”

    “Now?” She pointed to Alex and Jennifer having a good time with Quetzal. “I want to enjoy my Wolf Family right now.” She looked away from him.

    “Miss Feather.” Armand’s voice was harder, sterner this time.

    Alex paused to glance at his Wolf Parents. Moonshine and Mr. Grey were now openly watching the exchange between Armand and Miss Feather. Jennifer’s loud giggle filled the room.

    “Sssh.” Quetzal said to her.

    Miss Feather’s face turned red as she realized she was suddenly the focus of everyone’s attention. She glanced at everyone in turn.

    “Go on, Daughter. See what Armand wants to talk to you about.” Moonshine said gently.

    “Yeah Mom. See what Dad wants.” said Alex. He was disappointed his Wolf Mother was blocking Armand’s efforts to become a family.

    “I’d rather stay here and watch you all.” Miss Feather said.

    “I want us to go spend some time together.” insisted Armand. “Now.”

    Miss Feather growled.

    “Daughter.” said Moonshine.

    “Go with him.” Mr. Grey finally said.

    Quetzal and Jennifer watched then Jennifer said, “What’s wrong Mom? You cry all the time because you miss Armand.”

    Miss Feather’s face grew a deeper red with embarrassment then she let out a sob, jumped up out of her chair and ran for the door, easily avoiding those on the floor.

    Without a word Armand went after her.

    “I hope those two get together soon.” said Mr. Grey. “Miss Feather needs her own house. One with a Mate and who better than Armand who she has strong feelings for despite what happened. Let him spend his time making right the wrong he did.”

    “I agree.” said Moonshine. “This mess between them will eat them both alive.”

    “If Mom will just quit being stubborn.” grumbled Alex.

    “Mom loves Armand. I heard her say so.” Jennifer looked at Quetzal.

     Quetzal patted her white hair. “All will work out. It did for me.”

    Jennifer beamed at him, her slightly rounded eyes sparkling. “I want Mom to be happy.”

    “We all do.” said Moonshine. “We all do.”

 

    Miss Feather stood on the porch trying to swallow her sobs. When she heard the door open right behind her she fled down the stairs. She knew it was Armand coming after her. Armand easily caught up to her. He took her by her upper arm in a tight grip and led her toward the shadowy Douglas Fir and Broadleaf Maple forest. The Wolf People out and about in the Village discreetly turned away from them, it being obvious they were having a private emotional moment.

    “We’re going into the forest to talk.” Armand said.

    “I’d rather not.”

    “I don’t care. I’m not allowing you to keep your distance from me any longer. I’ve given you time. I’ve tried not to pressure you. I made a huge mistake, I admit it. Now it’s time for us to move past that.”

     “No, I’d rather not!”

    Armand resisted the impulse to take her in both his hands and shake her hard. Instead he growled low in his chest and forced her along as he led the way to the forest’s edge.

    It was warm and the silver bluish moon overhead bathed the Village and shadowy forest in its soft light. An owl called from its perch in a tall Douglas Fir tree. Coyotes sang in the distance and night bloom flowers scented the warm night air with their pleasing fragrance.

    But all Armand cared about right now was getting Miss Feather alone in the forest and hearing her admit she loved him and would be his Mate.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 



© 2011 Tina Kline


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Miss Feather wasn't keeping the truth hidden like she probably thought.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Good luck on Armand getting what he wants from Miss Feather. A lot of tension in this, makes me want to know the ending NOW!

Posted 13 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

179 Views
2 Reviews
Added on January 8, 2011
Last Updated on January 8, 2011


Author

Tina Kline
Tina Kline

OR



About
When Venus gets too close catfish have been known to come up out of the water onto the shore, feed awhile, then go back in. It's business as usual in the Apocalypse. And business is very good right.. more..

Writing
1 1

A Chapter by Tina Kline


2 2

A Chapter by Tina Kline


3 3

A Chapter by Tina Kline