Chapter 14

Chapter 14

A Chapter by Tina Kline

    

    Mr. Black and Louise ate all the flesh and bones of their prey. They ate undisturbed. The dogs stayed absent and no humans wandered behind the trailer of their prey. Once they were finished they gathered up the clothing of their victim. After checking wide with their senses to make sure no humans were near and could witness them they dashed across the road without being noticed. Their thorough check had told them no humans were within viewing distance. Back in the woods of tall thin trees and other concealing plant growth they dug a deep hole and effectively buried the clothing.

    That was so yummy and wonderful! Our unborn Wolf Child is content for the moment, a very satisfied Louise said to Mr. Black.

    Good, let’s get out of the Human World and go home!

    I’m ready!

    Without changing back into their human forms they raced for the Misty Grey Veil. Just seconds before they entered they both heard the loud and excited barking of the dogs. As usual, the humans were ignoring their loud and frantic cries of warning.

    Mr. Black and Louise came out on the other side of the Misty Grey Veil into the dark, damp Douglas Fir and Broadleaf Maple forest. The drip drip drip sounds and the breathing sound that hung damply in the air greeted them, both being the signature sounds of the Misty Grey Veil.

    They romped about in happy play, nipping each other, rushing back and forth, their bushy tails wagging in wild excitement. They licked the blood and gore off each other’s muzzles. Once they felt they had enough of play they decided to head back to the Village. Now they had to face the situation between their twin Wolf Children.

 

    Back in their house Mr. Stalker turned to face Miss Starfire after he closed the door. He noticed how much she still looked upset. If what he thought might be going on between his Mate and her Wolf Twin was going on, well, he didn’t know for sure what he’d do. It was all just too complicated but the dread of it was there.

    Miss Starfire stood in the center of the front room watching him, an uncertain glimmer in her off white eyes.

    “Sit.” Mr. Stalker indicated the couch.

    She quickly sat. Mr. Stalker sat beside her, turning to face her. “Well, my love, want to tell me what’s going on?”

    “What’s going on? Oh, nothing! Nothing!” Miss Starfire felt her heart pound. She wondered if Mr. Stalker knew what she’d done with Mr. Hunter. She felt terribly worried. Mr. Thunder had known something was wrong. Did he know about her and Mr. Hunter actually Mating? No, she thought, he couldn’t have. How could he?

    Mr. Stalker made an annoyed snorting sound. “Be honest, my Mate. Why play games with me?”

    She glanced up at him. His radiant silver eyes were narrowed in displeasure as he watched her. She quickly looked away. A panic feeling was flooding her body, making it difficult for her to breathe. Miss Starfire took a deep breath, trying to calm herself, to steady her painfully beating heart.

    “Miss Starfire. Why was Mr. Thunder concerned for you? What does he know? What do I need to know?”

     Miss Starfire refused to look at him. The panic feeling turned into dread. Her body started to tremble. She felt a sob develop in her which she struggled to hold back. If she told Mr. Stalker what she’d done with Mr. Hunter would he decapitate him? Would he decapitate her? What sort of punishment would she and her Wolf Brother endure if not the final punishment? She made a little sobbing sound, feeling her eyes grow damp with unshed tears.

    Seeing how distressed his Mate was Mr. Stalker feared the worst. His first impulse was to shape shift into his Wolf Form and go hunt down Mr. Hunter and tear him apart, making sure he removed his head from his body as he did so.

    But no, he wouldn’t do that. He pushed back down the Wolf that fought to be free. Mr. Hunter was Tina and Mr. Black’s Wolf Son. He wouldn’t end their Wolf Son’s life. He growled. Doing so would upset his Mate who he loved despite this. No, there had to be a better way to deal with this. But first he had to hear the truth from Miss Starfire.

    He looked at her. She was watching him out of her wide terrified eyes. The growl had told her he was angry. He had to put her at ease. “Miss Starfire. I love you. If you’ve done something you shouldn’t have it won’t change my feelings. I haven’t forgotten the circumstance under which we became Mates.” He paused and smiled at her, a genuine smile that shone truthfully with his love for her. “Tell me now what’s going on between you and Mr. Hunter.”

    Miss Starfire took a deep breath, her body still trembling. The truth, yes, she had to speak the truth. She had to tell Mr. Stalker the truth and hope he meant it when he said he’d still love her. “Mr. Hunter and I Mated.”

    Mr. Stalker felt a roar in his ears. He shut his eyes, held his breath, his hands clenching.

    Miss Starfire watched his reaction with alarm and wondered fearfully if she should flee. It wouldn’t do any good, she told herself. She had to face the consequences of her actions.

     Then Mr. Stalker opened his eyes and smiled at her. He let out a rush of air as he did. “Hearing that distresses me but I’m relieved you are being honest with me.” Then he reached out and pulled her into his arms. “Yes, I love you. Always.”

    Miss Starfire sobbed silently against his chest with relief.



© 2010 Tina Kline


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Lucky for Miss Starfire. Mr. Stalker isn't a bad guy. Now to see how he deals with this problem.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

The secret is out and now its time to see how Mr. Stalker is going to deal with this VERY BIG PROBLEM! Nice chapter, makes me want more!

Posted 13 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Oh, she must feel so much better to get that off her chest! I hope they find a solution for the isue without ayone else having to be decapitated.... Mr. Hunter needs to learn a lesson for sure though!

Posted 13 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

211 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on December 13, 2010
Last Updated on December 13, 2010


Author

Tina Kline
Tina Kline

OR



About
When Venus gets too close catfish have been known to come up out of the water onto the shore, feed awhile, then go back in. It's business as usual in the Apocalypse. And business is very good right.. more..

Writing
1 1

A Chapter by Tina Kline


2 2

A Chapter by Tina Kline


3 3

A Chapter by Tina Kline