Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
Compartment 114
Compartment 114
Chapter 34

Chapter 34

A Chapter by Tina Kline



    A large amount of time passed since Louise gave birth to Miss Jasmine. Miss Starfire gave birth to her and Mr. Stalker’s Wolf Child. A little Wolf Girl was born to them just as Miss Starfire had predicted and they named her Iris. She didn’t look like Mr. Hunter at all, had none of his features which gave Miss Starfire a huge relief. A problem she worried about for so long had ended and in her favor. Iris’s hair was silver and her eyes were radiant white.

    They were all outside Mr. Black and Louise’s house enjoying a crisp cold daylight period. The sun was bright making all the orange, yellow and red leaves seem shockingly brilliant. The large leaves that had fallen from the Broadleaf Maple trees Miss Jasmine and Iris had turned into the toys they wanted to play with.

    They chased each other pretending the large leaves were their wings. Louise noticed a couple large birds circling in the cold blue sky above and shivered. They looked mean and she had a hard time believing they weren’t predators but eaters of the dead.

    She sighed contently, leaning back against Mr. Black. Miss Starfire smiled, snuggling close to Mr. Stalker. Armand and Miss Feather were holding each other too. Alex watched his parents, a pleased and content smile on his face. He finally had his dream. Mr. Hunter who had become quite fond of Sunlight was snuggling with her. He was thinking real hard about asking her to be his Mate, leave her Pack and join his.

    “It’s so peaceful right now.” said Miss Starfire watching Iris at play.

    “Yes it is. I hope it stays this peaceful for a long time.” Louise responded.

    “I’m Pack Leader. I’ll make sure it stays peaceful.” said Mr. Black, wishing he really could.

    Mr. Thunder joined them, bringing Miss Lavender with him. They had become quite fond of each other just as Mr. Hunter and Sunlight had.

    “Where’s Quetzal?” asked Mr. Thunder.

    “He and Jennifer are coming and bringing plenty of freshly killed cubed meat.” said Armand.

    “We have plenty of fresh chilled water in the house.” Mr. Black said.

    “I’m hungry.” said Miss Starfire.

    “Oh?” asked Louise, a teasing look on her face.

    “Oh Mom! It’s not that. I want good freshly killed deer and elk, not a human. But a human, freshly killed, would be tasty.”

    Everyone laughed.

    “I can’t wait for my chance to go into the Human World and hunt, kill and eat a human.” said Sunlight.

    “Get pregnant then.” Miss Starfire said, a mischievous look on her face.

    “Oh!” Sunlight looked at Mr. Hunter.

    He looked back at her. Everyone was watching them. Mr. Hunter started looking embarrassed then pushed the feeling away. “We’ll talk it out.” he said to Sunlight.

    Everyone hooted and howled. Sunlight’s face turned pink and she snuggled as close to Mr. Hunter as she possibly could get. “Good.” She said.

    Quetzal and Jennifer joined the group along with Moonshine and Mr. Grey. A soft slightly chilly breeze swirled through the Village and into the shadowy Douglas Fir and Broadleaf Maple forest shaking the limbs of the trees just hard enough to send large orange and yellow leaves rattling to the ground.

    “More leaves!” cried Miss Jasmine and she skipped amongst the ones that the wind blew into the yard outside the house. Laughing, Iris joined her, kicking the leaves that fell to the ground.

    Mr. Black and Armand went into the house and came out with a stack of wooden bowls, glasses to drink from and a glass pitcher of chilled water. “Let’s eat!” Mr. Black said. He passed out the wooden bowls and glasses. Everyone took turns filling their bowl with freshly killed raw cubed meat and filled their glass with freshly chilled water and took their places on the ground and started eating.

    Alex watched the two little Wolf Girls as Miss Starfire and Louise had to gather them up so they’d settle down and eat their meal. He glanced over at his Wolf Mother and smiled. Seeing Alex smiling at her Miss Feather smiled back.

    Miss Feather cleared her throat and set her wooden bowl down. Armand took her hand and gave her an encouraging smile. She looked around at everyone here. “I have something to share.”

    Everyone paused in their eating and looked at her.

    “Yes?” Moonshine said to her Wolf Daughter.

    “What is it?” asked Louise.

    “Good news. I’m pregnant. Armand and I are having another Wolf Child!”
    “Ooooh!” cried Moonshine reaching for her Wolf Daughter to give her a hug.

    “This is wonderful news.” said Mr. Grey. He gave his Wolf Daughter a tight hug.

    Louise clapped her hands then went to Armand. “This is wonderful!” She hugged him then hugged Miss Feather.

    Miss Starfire gave her a tight hug. “Congratulations!” Then she hugged her Wolf Brother. “I’m so happy for you Armand.”

    “Thanks Sis.” Armand said.

    Once everyone was done giving their congratulations they settled back down to finish their meal. The conversation settled upon Wolf Baby talk. Miss Jasmine and Iris were so excited they couldn’t remain seated to finish their meals.

    Louise glanced at Armand and Miss Feather, then at Miss Starfire and Mr. Stalker and lastly she glanced at Mr. Hunter and Sunlight. Perhaps Mr. Hunter and Sunlight will become Mates. Louise liked Sunlight, thought she was a nice Wolf Girl and would make Mr. Hunter happy. Those two got along so well.

    Louise sighed, her eyes settled on Miss Jasmine who was kicking at the leaves again with Iris. Louise looked to Mr. Black and smiled. He was watching her and smiled back.

    “Now things are the way they should be.” Louise said to Mr. Black.

    He nodded in agreement with her and pulled her into his arms and kissed her.

 

 

 

 

 

   




© 2011 Tina Kline


Author's Note

Tina Kline
This concludes the book The Dance Of The Wolf.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Ah, sigh, the ending. A happy ending is had by all. I'm going to miss reading about the Wolf people. Hope there's more but know these six books are outstanding and brilliant. I'm in awe how you've managed to keep the story lines of Louise and her Wolf family going so long, so I do hope more's to come!

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

A very nice ending chapter. I'm pleased all worked out for the positive. I hope you do more, I've enjoyed reading your Wolf People series.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Ah, sigh, the ending. A happy ending is had by all. I'm going to miss reading about the Wolf people. Hope there's more but know these six books are outstanding and brilliant. I'm in awe how you've managed to keep the story lines of Louise and her Wolf family going so long, so I do hope more's to come!

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

160 Views
2 Reviews
Added on February 12, 2011
Last Updated on February 12, 2011


Author

Tina Kline
Tina Kline

OR



About
When Venus gets too close catfish have been known to come up out of the water onto the shore, feed awhile, then go back in. It's business as usual in the Apocalypse. And business is very good right.. more..

Writing
1 1

A Chapter by Tina Kline


2 2

A Chapter by Tina Kline


3 3

A Chapter by Tina Kline