Chapter 18

Chapter 18

A Chapter by Tina Kline

     As Mr. Stalker placed the meal he had prepared for himself and Miss Starfire on the table he looked at her, his radiant silver eyes shining with his love for her. Even though it caused an awful painful feeling in his gut and heart that she had Mated with Mr. Hunter he couldn’t put her aside. But what he could do and would do, would make certain it never happened again.

    Miss Starfire sat down at the table and smiled a smile of a combination of coyness and shyness. It wasn’t long ago they’d been pleasuring each other and hoping to make a Wolf Child.

    Mr. Stalker took his place beside his Mate, “I will be talking to Mr. Hunter about his…behavior.” He cleared his throat, covering an angry growl by doing so. “If he cooperates that will be the end of the matter.”

    Miss Starfire tried to push down a burst of fear that exploded in her. What if Mr. Hunter refuses to cooperate? Mr. Stalker could seek the ultimate punishment and who amongst the Pack would stand up against such a punishment for the wrong Mr. Hunter did Mr. Stalker? Miss Starfire looked at Mr. Stalker unable to keep her fear out of her radiant off white eyes.

    Mr. Stalker bit off a piece of meat from a cube he was holding. He noticed his Mate’s fearful look. “Ah, my love, you fear for Mr. Hunter’s life?”

    “Well…he is my Wolf Twin. I grew up with him.”

    “But you do understand I won’t allow you two to carry on with this…Mating.” He tried not to curl his lip with distaste and anger at having to use the word Mating for what Miss Starfire and Mr. Hunter were doing.

    “Of course!”

    “Well, I would rather not go to your Wolf Father and Pack Leader with this. I’d rather not go to your Wolf Mother either. She and I have been friends ever since Mr. Black brought her here.”

     “I understand. I hope Mr. Hunter cooperates.”

    “I do too. I’ve known you both since you were born. I watched you both grow up and mature. I have always loved you. I won’t lose you now. I don’t want to choose…I don’t want to hurt Mr. Hunter nor Louise and Mr. Black. And most of all Miss Starfire, I don’t want to hurt you…but if Mr. Hunter forces me…”

    “I do understand.”

    Mr. Stalker put an arm around her. “Then let’s eat and have faith Mr. Hunter will do what’s best for everyone, even if it’s not what he wants.”

 

    The moon was full and huge in the dark sky, its silver bluish radiance flooding the Wolf People’s Village below. Several coyotes were howling in the distance and an owl was calling from its lofty perch nearby in a Douglas Fir tree. A group of Wolf People in their Wolf Forms were singing of their life long loves from the shadowy Douglas Fir and Broadleaf Maple forest.

    Armand was feeling frustrated. And it was Miss Feather’s stubbornness that was the source of his frustration. He had tried to get her to admit she still loved him but she refused.

    Now she was avoiding him and that made him angry. He wanted her badly and he knew she wanted him. Alex had come to his home to work on the carving projects Armand had for him and he’d come alone. That just didn’t sit well with Armand.

    Armand had asked Alex why she wasn’t coming with him and Alex had just shrugged his shoulders and said he didn’t know but Armand did notice he didn’t look too happy about that.

    Well, Armand thought, I’ll just chase her down. I’ll give her a taste of the pleasures we can have together, give her a reason to stop running and surrender. An image of them together Mating flooded his mind and his body responded. I have to have her, I have to! He was feeling desperate and painfully needy.

    As he headed across the Village to her house with her Wolf Parents he spotted Quetzal and Jennifer heading in the same direction. They sure look happy, Armand thought, those two have bonded. And there was no doubt with any Wolf Person that Quetzal and Jennifer would become Mates when Jennifer matured. No one believed she’d be a shape shifter but what did that matter?

    “Quetzal…Jennifer.” Armand called, waving a hand.

    “Armand!” Quetzal stopped walking and Jennifer stopped beside him. They both waited for Armand to reach them.

    Both Jennifer and Alex were growing fast as was natural for Wolf Children. They had grown quite a bit since they had arrived in the Village.

    “What are you two up to?” Armand asked.

    “I’m going home.” said Jennifer. “I’ve been staying at Quetzal’s house.”

    Armand looked at Quetzal with surprise. Quetzal glared at him a moment. “It’s nothing like that Armand!”

    “Like what?” Armand asked, keeping the look on his face innocent.

    Quetzal just growled then laughed. “Come on. I’m sure you’re on your way to see Miss Feather.”

    “I am. She’s been avoiding me.” complained Armand.

    Quetzal took Jennifer’s hand as they continued on their way. “Oh, why is that do you think?”

    “I asked her if she loves me.”

    Quetzal shook his head. “Females.”

    “What?” asked Jennifer. “Mom loves you Armand. I heard her crying about you many times.”

     Armand felt a shock of surprise shoot through him. “Really?” he asked.

    “Yeah.” said Jennifer. “And a long time ago too. She hated Kyle.”

    Armand bristled at hearing that name but felt pleased and hopeful at hearing Miss Feather loved him and cried over him.

 

   



 

 

 



© 2011 Tina Kline


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

There's hope still for Armand.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Very entertaining. I'm really enjoying this book.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

135 Views
2 Reviews
Added on January 8, 2011
Last Updated on January 8, 2011


Author

Tina Kline
Tina Kline

OR



About
When Venus gets too close catfish have been known to come up out of the water onto the shore, feed awhile, then go back in. It's business as usual in the Apocalypse. And business is very good right.. more..

Writing
1 1

A Chapter by Tina Kline


2 2

A Chapter by Tina Kline


3 3

A Chapter by Tina Kline