Chapter 27

Chapter 27

A Chapter by Tina Kline

    “I think we should spend a little time together. Our lives are getting more complicated, but in a good way. Let’s have a little fun.” Mr. Thunder said to Quetzal. It was a rare moment finding Quetzal out and about without Jennifer along.

    “Hmm. Okay. What about Armand?”

    “Him too. Just the three of us. Like we use to.” said Mr. Thunder.

    “Minus Miss Feather?”

    “This time, yes.”

    “Sounds good. We need to get a hold of Armand and take a run as Wolves. Bring down a few deer to put into Community Food Storage.” said Quetzal.

    “I’ll talk to Armand.” said Mr. Thunder. They made an agreement when to meet up.

    “Till then.” said Quetzal, already eager to be off to get his business done so he could be with Jennifer.

    Mr. Thunder waved him off and then hurried to locate Armand. As much as he wanted to spend time with his two friends he felt that it wouldn’t happen. Armand and Quetzal had moved on with their lives, he was the one who hadn’t.

   

    Armand and Miss Feather, cleaned up a bit and dressed, stepped out of the forest into the Village. Armand had his arm around Miss Feather’s waist and she was leaning her head against his shoulder.

    “I’m very happy.” Armand said looking down at her.

    She looked up at him, “I’m happy too.” She said.

    “Shall we tell your Wolf Parents first?” Armand asked as they started toward her and her Wolf Parent’s house.

    “Okay.”

    Pulling her tighter against him they finished their journey to her house. They got a lot of surprised looks from other Wolf People, most smiling and waving at them or greeting them with hellos and such. Armand, being the oldest Wolf Son of their Pack Leader, couldn’t cross the Village without being greeted every few feet when he was out and about in the Village. When they reached the house the door banged open and Alex stood there, his silver blue eyes wide. Disbelief and hope made his eyes shimmer.

    “Mom? Dad?” Alex asked, his voice full of unspoken questions.

    Miss Feather laughed, a very happy sound. “Yes, Alex. The answer is yes.” She held out her hand to him.

    Alex whooped loudly and jumped off the porch, ignoring the steps completely. His laughter rang loudly. He whooped a couple more times before he came to a halt before his Wolf Parents. Miss Feather ruffled his hair and Armand chuckled at his Wolf Son’s overwhelming delight and happiness.

    “This is wonderful!” cried Alex as he put his arms around his Wolf Parents as they engulfed him into their arms.

    Mr. Grey, Moonshine and Jennifer stepped out onto the porch to see what Alex was shouting about. They knew there wasn’t any danger for it was obvious Alex was overjoyed about something.

    When they saw Armand, Miss Feather and Alex all embracing Moonshine put her hand to her mouth, a sob escaping.

    “Well, it’s about time.” said Mr. Grey in a gruff voice and a wide pleased smile on his face.

    “Mom? Dad? Is it really true?” Alex asked.

    “Yes it is Son. We are going to be a family.”

    On the porch Jennifer clapped her hands, giggling with delight. “See, I told you so. Mom does still love Dad.”

    “Yes I do and I’ve agreed to be Armand’s Mate.” Miss Feather said.

    “I’m overjoyed!” declared Moonshine. “Please, let’s all go inside and celebrate.”

    “Yes, let’s not stand out here putting a spectacle for the other Wolf People. Time enough to make all this public.” said Armand.

    “I think its public already.” said Moonshine.

    Armand and Miss Feather looked around. Sure enough, there were many smiles and excited chatter. They both knew it wouldn’t be long before the whole Village knew and all the Packs friendly with them knew as well.

 

    Risinghawk and Michar spotted Quetzal and Mr. Thunder as they parted ways. Mr. Thunder was closer so they went to him. Risinghawk’s radiant green eyes were sparkling and so were Michar’s radiant silver eyes.

    “Hey! Mr. Thunder!” called Risinghawk.

    Mr. Thunder easily picked up the excitement in Risinghawk’s voice. He turned and waited for them to catch up. “What’s going on?”

    “Have you heard about Armand?” asked Michar.

    “No, what about him?”

    “He and Miss Feather are going to be Mates. As soon as possible.” said Risinghawk.

    “What? Really? Wow! That’s wonderful! How do you know this?”

    “The word is spreading fast through the Village.” Michar said. “I’m sure the Pack Leader and His Mate will know before their Wolf Son can tell them!” He was grinning.

    “Well, I know already and neither Armand nor Miss Feather told me.” Mr. Thunder was grinning, pleased for his two Wolf Friends. After the tragedy of losing Miss Feather no one thought they’d ever become Mates. “Well, this is just wonderful!”

    “Yup. It is. Perhaps their pain will really be behind them very soon.” said Risinghawk.

    Michar patted Mr. Thunder on the back. “Spread the good news. I need to go tell my Mate Miss Snow.”

    They said their goodbyes, each going their own ways. Mr. Thunder decided the hunt he had been planning would be cancelled now. Armand would be too busy planning his Mating Ceremony and be too busy with his little Wolf Family after that.

    I need to find a Mate and so does Mr. Hunter. We’re no longer immature Wolf People. Mr. Thunder thought. He glanced around. Yup, everyone is buzzing with the excitement. Armand and Miss Feather are about to become Mates at last. Mr. Thunder knew Alex would be overjoyed. He had accepted Armand as his Wolf Father and not long after that he wanted his Wolf Family whole.

    Smiling slightly, Mr. Thunder went in search of Mr. Hunter. Time to really start looking at the available females now.

 

 

 



© 2011 Tina Kline


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Hope Mr. Hunter has finally gotten straightened out and they all can get on with their lives.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

About time those two Wolf Guys went and found some willing and available Wolfie Girls!

Posted 13 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

197 Views
2 Reviews
Added on January 20, 2011
Last Updated on January 20, 2011


Author

Tina Kline
Tina Kline

OR



About
When Venus gets too close catfish have been known to come up out of the water onto the shore, feed awhile, then go back in. It's business as usual in the Apocalypse. And business is very good right.. more..

Writing
1 1

A Chapter by Tina Kline


2 2

A Chapter by Tina Kline


3 3

A Chapter by Tina Kline