Chapter 24

Chapter 24

A Chapter by Tina Kline

    Louise lay in bed, rubbing her lower abdomen gently. It was swelling. She smiled. Soon there would be another member in her family. She turned her head to look at Mr. Black. He was awake and watching her, a smile on his face. Louise smiled back at him. Mr. Black rolled onto his side facing her. He tenderly touched her cheek.

    Louise’s smile deepened and she took his hands in hers, “Soon we’ll have another little one to take care of.”

    “A Wolf Son.”

    “Maybe a Wolf Daughter.”

    “As long as she looks like you, my sweet love.”

    Louise made a purring sound. “Such sweet things you say.”

    “But true.”

    “I wish we could lie in bed here forever…together of course.”

    “How wonderful that would be. But duty calls, it always does.”

    Louise sighed, “Yes it does.” She smiled at him. “But you’re a wonderful Pack Leader.”

    “And you’re a wonderful Mate to the Pack Leader.” Mr. Black said with a grin.

    “Well, we don’t have to get up for a while.”

    “No we don’t.” He pulled Louise into his arms and they showed each other how much they loved each other.

 

    Miss Starfire sat at the kitchen table while Mr. Stalker finished up preparing their meal of freshly killed cubed raw meat. He placed the wooden bowl filled with the meat on the table, then placed a glass pitcher filled with fresh chilled water on the table. Two drinking glasses came next which he placed on the table in front of their seats.

    Smiling at Miss Starfire he sat down beside her. “Hungry, I hope.”

    Miss Starfire smiled at him then looked at the wooden bowl full of cubed raw meat. For some reason the meat didn’t look appetizing like it usually did. She was famished but the meat didn’t hold any promise of relief for her hunger. Miss Starfire felt confused. Why doesn’t the meat look yummy? She looked at Mr. Stalker who was watching her.

    “What is it, my sweet?” Mr. Stalker asked.

    Miss Starfire took a deep breath of air then blew it out. “I don’t know.” Her stomach twisted painfully with her hunger right at that moment. She put her hands on her lower stomach. “Owe!”

    Mr. Stalker leaned toward her, his radiant silver eyes brimming with concern. “What is it?”

    “I’m so hungry but the meat just doesn’t look good.”

    “Oh?” Mr. Stalker looked at her closely. Could it be, he wondered? He put one hand on her belly. She didn’t feel like she was showing but that didn’t mean anything.

    “What?” Miss Starfire asked, her voice shrill.

    Mr. Stalker looked at her. A slow pleased smile spread across his face. “How does eating a human sound to you?”

    “What?” she said again in surprise. Then she paused. The thought of eating a human did sound good. Actually it sounded delicious. Miss Starfire squirmed in her seat and made a tiny whimpering sound. “I like the sound of it.” She said looking at him. “Oh, does that mean…?”

    “Yes, my sweet. It does.” His grin increased in size.

    “Oh!” Miss Starfire sat up straighter. “Oh! I’m pregnant?” She laughed, a laugh of pure happiness and delight.

    “Yes! Now eat your meal. You need the food. Soon we’ll travel to the Human World so you can hunt, kill and eat a human.”

    “I’m so excited! A Wolf Baby on the way! We’re going to be Wolf Parents!” Then a thought hit her hard and she gasped. Who is the Wolf Father? Mr. Hunter or Mr. Stalker? What if its obvious Mr. Hunter is the Wolf Father?”

    Mr. Stalker pulled her into his arms and kissed her on the mouth. “Things will be positive for us from now on. We’ll be happy.”

    Miss Starfire laughed, a nervous sound. She hoped her Mate would mistake it for excitement. I should be happy but I’m suddenly afraid. Let Mr. Stalker be the Wolf Father! Please! Please! I have to keep this fear my secret; I can’t talk to anyone about this. I can’t let anyone know!

    “We need to celebrate. We need to tell Louise and Mr. Black soon. Very soon.”

    Miss Starfire buried her face in his chest fighting tears. She was overjoyed knowing she was carrying a Wolf Child but there was the despair at not being sure who the Wolf Father was because of her Mating with Mr. Hunter and Mr. Stalker so closely together.

    “Are you giddy with excitement?” Mr. Stalker asked, holding her tightly in his arms.

    Miss Starfire nodded and took a deep breath, pushing her fears away. Mr. Stalker released her and she settled back in her chair, a small smile on her face.

    “Now eat, okay sweetie? You need to feed our unborn Wolf Child now too.” Mr. Stalker said.

    “Okay.” Miss Starfire reached for the cubed raw meat and took one. She slid it into her mouth and chewed.

    Watching her Mr. Stalker smiled and picked out a cube of meat himself and started eating too.

 

    Mr. Thunder spotted a very angry Mr. Hunter crossing the Village and heading for the shadowy Douglas Fir and Broadleaf Maple forest.

    Huh, wonder what’s up with him, Mr. Thunder thought to himself. He started after Mr. Hunter after a brief hesitation because of the last situation he had been in with him. He brushed off that concern and headed after Mr. Hunter.

    He caught up with Mr. Hunter at the shadowy forest’s edge. “Mr. Hunter, what’s up?”

    Mr. Hunter angrily turned to face him, “What do you want Mr. Thunder?”

    “Hey. Just to talk. Why don’t we walk in the forest?”

    “Why? I think by your past behavior you don’t have much liking for me.”

    “I did what was best. Let’s talk, okay?”

    Grunting, Mr. Hunter turned away, shrugged his shoulder and said, “Why not?”

 

 

 



© 2011 Tina Kline


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Very impressive.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

The story line is holding strong, I'm so caught up in all that is going on!

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

158 Views
2 Reviews
Added on January 19, 2011
Last Updated on January 19, 2011


Author

Tina Kline
Tina Kline

OR



About
When Venus gets too close catfish have been known to come up out of the water onto the shore, feed awhile, then go back in. It's business as usual in the Apocalypse. And business is very good right.. more..

Writing
1 1

A Chapter by Tina Kline


2 2

A Chapter by Tina Kline


3 3

A Chapter by Tina Kline