Chapter 9

Chapter 9

A Chapter by Tina Kline

     Louise and Mr. Black in their Wolf Forms loped through the shadowy Douglas Fir and Broadleaf Maple forest. Even though Louise was eager to hunt, kill and eat a human she still enjoyed running side by side with Mr. Black. It was warm with hardly a breeze this deep in the forest and only patches of silver bluish moonlight managed to penetrate the thick leafy canopy above.

    They passed places where the scent of deer and elk were powerful but it held no interest to Louise and because of this it held no interest for Mr. Black either. Small deer and rodents hurried away at the obvious approach of two hungry predators. Mr. Black and Louise weren’t hunting so stealth wasn’t necessary.

    Soon Louise heard the drip drip drip that was the first tell tale sign they were nearing the Misty Veil that separated the Wolf People World from the Human World. The foliage here was damp with moisture that perpetually dripped. The strange breathing sound increased in volume and they reached the first of the grey mists that twisted and coiled a couple feet or so above the forest floor and around large boulders and tree trunks.

    We’re almost there! Louise said telepathically to Mr. Black.

    We almost are, my sweet. And then we can hunt, he sent back.

    I can’t wait! Our unborn Wolf Child is being so demanding!

    Must be a Wolf Son then, Mr. Black sent back along with a telepathic grin.

    Louise made a barking sound then sent to her Mate, which only means our Wolf Child is a Wolf Daughter!

    I’ve no doubt that you’re correct, my sweet.

    Up ahead through the leafy branches of lower growing shrubs and hanging tree limbs they could see the Misty Grey Veil. They slowed to a trot then a walk. When they reached the Veil they came to a halt.

    First Mr. Black shape shifted back to his human form then Louise did. They stood facing each other a moment, Louise smiling up at her Mate. She put both hands on her lower abdomen and said, “She is hungry and so am I.”

    Mr. Black chuckled, “Let’s not delay then.” He reached out a hand to her and she put her hand in his. “Let’s go.”

    Louise made a hungry excited sound and they turned to face the Misty Grey Veil. Together they stepped into the shifting, swirling grey mists.

 

    Armand and Miss Feather finished their slow walk around the Village. This walk around the Village was fast becoming a habit for them. It gave them alone time together but wasn’t too private, just how Miss Feather liked it. Armand wanted to be completely alone with her but no way was he going to push it yet. At least Miss Feather was spending time with him and seemed to enjoy these walks of theirs. And their conversations were moving away from Alex and Jennifer to themselves, just as Armand liked it.

    The silver blue moon hung low in the dark sky, spilling its bluish silver radiance down onto the Village and forest below. The Village was alive and active with day to day activity of the Wolf People. The problems of the past were moving even further into the past so a sort of peacefulness had settled over the Pack and Village.

   Armand spotted Quetzal walking toward them holding Jennifer’s hand. The little half Wolf Person half Other smiled happily when she saw her mother. Armand was glad she didn’t have to wear a hat to hide her slightly pointed ears any longer.

    “Mama!” Jennifer called out and waved. Quetzal let her hand go and she skipped toward Miss Feather and Armand.

    “My little sweet girl!” Miss Feather bent down and opened up her arms. Jennifer flung herself into her mother’s arms and they hugged tightly.

    Armand and Quetzal watched, both with sheepish smiles on their faces. Both pleased to see their favorite females happy and smiling.

    Miss Feather pulled Jennifer tighter into her arms and stood, “Ooph! My Jennifer, you’re sure growing!”

    Both Armand and Quetzal quickly moved toward Miss Feather, intending to take Jennifer from her arms. Armand, being closer, reached Miss Feather first. He easily took Jennifer into his arms. She clung to him, arms around his neck. Quetzal frowned, his eyes narrowed in irritation, his hands clenched into fists at his side that it was Armand and not himself, who was holding his Little Jennifer.

    Miss Feather noticed this and said to him, “Quetzal.” When he looked at her she shook her head, a warning in her radiant black eyes.

   Quetzal understood her warning and nodded. Jennifer wasn’t in any danger with Armand. Quetzal knew this but could hardly stand it if anyone else besides her Wolf Mother or himself got close to his Little Jennifer. He took several calming breaths.

    “Get serious Quetzal.” Armand said in a friendly voice. He had also noticed his Wolf Friend’s distress at not having Jennifer in his arms instead of Armand’s. “I hope you don’t plan on making her a prisoner when she’s older.”

    “He better not!” Miss Feather said sharply.

    “She wouldn’t let me.” Quetzal said, smiling slightly at Miss Feather. And he knew she wouldn’t either.

    “I won’t let you either Quetzal.” said Armand. “I care too much for you, my Wolf Friend, to let you behave so badly toward Jennifer.”

    “What are you three talking about?” Jennifer asked.

    “Nothing fun, sweetie.” Miss Feather said, “Shall we all go to my house?”

    “Yes, let’s.” said Armand and he headed off in that direction with Jennifer in his arms and Quetzal hovering right beside him.

    Laughing at Quetzal yet concerned he was still acting too protective of Jennifer, Miss Feather fell in beside Armand on the opposite side of where Quetzal was.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 



© 2010 Tina Kline


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I LOVE that just when I'm getting caught up in someone's drama you remind about everyone else's! So much going on!

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

There's so much going on, its wonderful, makes for an exciting read, that's for sure. Nothing boring with this series!

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

150 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on November 19, 2010
Last Updated on November 19, 2010


Author

Tina Kline
Tina Kline

OR



About
When Venus gets too close catfish have been known to come up out of the water onto the shore, feed awhile, then go back in. It's business as usual in the Apocalypse. And business is very good right.. more..

Writing
1 1

A Chapter by Tina Kline


2 2

A Chapter by Tina Kline


3 3

A Chapter by Tina Kline