Chapter 23

Chapter 23

A Chapter by Tina Kline

    After carrying Mr. Hunter through the shadowy Douglas Fir and Broadleaf Maple forest to another area where there were no other Wolf People lurking about,  Mr. Stalker dropped him to the ground. He landed with a dull thud but didn’t say anything. He looked up at Mr. Stalker out of angry radiant green eyes. Miss Starfire stood beside Mr. Stalker.

    Well, thought Mr. Hunter, this isn’t going to be pleasant. Mr. Stalker knows. Mr. Hunter slowly got to his feet, facing Mr. Stalker with his head held high and his back straight.

    “This is ending now.” Growled Mr. Stalker, his face twisted with his anger at Mr. Hunter. “You will stay away from Miss Starfire.”

    Now Mr. Hunter growled, pulling back his lips slightly exposing his canines. “That’s impossible. I can’t stay away from her forever.”

    Mr. Stalker pulled back his lips and exposed his canines as well. “Perhaps. But you will never be alone with her again. Agree to this right here and now or I will bring this issue before your Wolf Parents. Miss Starfire doesn’t want this but in the end it’s up to you. Or better yet, we could just fight this out right here and now. What do you think?”

     Miss Starfire looked pleadingly at Mr. Hunter, hoping and willing him to agree to what Mr. Stalker wanted. She didn’t want her Wolf Brother battling her Mate over her!

    Mr. Hunter stared at Mr. Stalker then looked over at Miss Starfire. He saw the desperation and pleading in her eyes. He wanted to stand up to Mr. Stalker, not submit to him. The thought of doing battle with Mr. Stalker for Miss Starfire was a very appealing one but the look in Miss Starfire’s eyes made him weaker, plus his desire to please her. He knew the relationship between them had to end anyway, it couldn’t go on any longer despite the fact he wanted it to. Really, there was no reason to fight Mr. Stalker over this, not anymore. Mr. Hunter looked back at Mr. Stalker. “There is no need for a physical confrontation between us nor is there any need to go to our Wolf Parents. I don’t want to give up Miss Starfire but I will. It’s what Miss Starfire wants so I’ll cooperate to please her.”

    Mr. Stalker took a step back, relaxing somewhat. Miss Starfire let out a sigh of relief.

    “Thank you Mr. Hunter. Thank you for not making this difficult. I don’t want our Wolf Parents involved in this. I don’t want all the Wolf People to know either.”

    “They’re suspicious already.” said Mr. Hunter. “They may be following us.”

    “We better leave then. And be sure you stick with our agreement here.” Mr. Stalker said to Mr. Hunter.

    “Oh, I will. I will.” He looked at Miss Starfire one more time before turning and heading off into the forest. He felt a wave of sadness, loss and regret. He would never be with his Wolf Sister in that special and pleasurable way again. But he knew to continue would cause too many problems for himself and Miss Starfire. He had to put all this behind himself. He shape shifted into his Wolf Form, feeling the need to run as fast as he could for many miles. He needed to be alone for awhile.

    Mr. Stalker pulled Miss Starfire into his arms. “Getting Mr. Hunter to agree wasn’t difficult. I hope he’s sincere and this ends this situation for once and all. I want us to move beyond this. I want us to start our own Wolf Family.”

    Miss Starfire held tightly to him, trembling slightly. “I want that too.” She said.

    “Good.” Mr. Stalker said kissing the top of her head. “Now we must leave. I sense a couple Wolf People getting close. I believe they’re your Wolf Parents.”

    Miss Starfire gasped, “We must leave now then!” She stepped away from him, her trembling increasing.

    “Let’s shape shift. We can move faster.” said Mr. Stalker.

    They shape shifted into their Wolf Forms and dashed off into the shrubbery and large ferns.

 

    “They’re up ahead. Mr. Stalker is there too.” Mr. Black said.

    “What on earth could be going on?” wondered Louise.

    Mr. Black smiled slightly at his Mate’s use of human terms. He often found himself using them too. “Let’s move more quickly so we can watch them, find out that way.”

    “Maybe we should have followed in our Wolf Forms.”

    “No matter now. They’re right up ahead.”

    “Okay, let’s do move quickly.” Louise hurried forward, skillfully moving in between large ferns and shrubs in her effort to catch up to Mr. Stalker, Miss Starfire and Mr. Hunter. She had a feeling it had something to do with Mr. Hunter’s and Miss Starfire’s inappropriate behavior.

    “Wait sweetie, wait. I think we’re too late.” Mr. Stalker said.

    “What?” Louise cried, suddenly feeling very frustrated. She sensed Mr. Black was correct. The three Wolf People were moving off. “Oh no!”

    Mr. Black caught her by her upper arm. “Wait. Stop. They’re gone.”

    Louise stopped and stamped her foot in anger. “Why?”

    “I’m sure they realized we were coming.”

    “How will we find out what’s going on? Ask them directly?” asked Louise.

    “I don’t think so. Let’s just let this go for now. I’m thinking Mr. Stalker is handling this as he should be. Let’s just let him. If he can solve it I’d be glad. Miss Starfire is his Mate, after all.”

    Louise looked at him. She let out a loud rush of air. “You’re right Mr. Black. But if something seems to still be going on with Mr. Hunter and Miss Starfire?”

    “Then we’ll step in.”

    Louise smiled up at him. “Okay. Mr. Stalker really should have first chance. We’ll just act like all is well.”

    Mr. Black put his arm around her. “We’ll just act like all is well but we’ll keep a lookout for any signs of trouble.”

    They started back toward the Village. The night was warm and bluish silver moonlight filtered down through the thick forest canopy. An owl whooted from somewhere nearby. Louise leaned her head against Mr. Black’s shoulder and felt a wave of peace and contentment flood her. They continued on in companionable and comfortable silence. If only I could feel this peaceful and content all the time, thought Louise.

 

 

 

 

 

 



© 2011 Tina Kline


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Very enjoyable chapter in a very enjoyable story/book. Looking forward to the next one.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Maybe Miss Starfire and Mr. Hunter are really done and ready to move on with their lives. Awesome book, I'm loving every chapter of it.

Posted 13 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

150 Views
2 Reviews
Added on January 15, 2011
Last Updated on January 15, 2011


Author

Tina Kline
Tina Kline

OR



About
When Venus gets too close catfish have been known to come up out of the water onto the shore, feed awhile, then go back in. It's business as usual in the Apocalypse. And business is very good right.. more..

Writing
1 1

A Chapter by Tina Kline


2 2

A Chapter by Tina Kline


3 3

A Chapter by Tina Kline